5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram Limited bed covers

LewEP

Reaction score
Just picked a 2023 ram limited 1500 with the multi function tailgate and cargo management system. Finding bed cover choices to be limited. Wondering if anybody has run into a similar problem and has a solution. Prefer a semi rigid bed cover similar to a backflip MX 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jarrod32

Reaction score
I have a Limited with Rambox and MFT as well. I went with a basic rollcover (the Mopar brand) as I don't care for the rigid/hard covers. Probably not want you wanted, but I also found the options to be a bit limited.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked a 2023 ram limited 1500 with the multi function tailgate and cargo management system. Finding bed cover choices to be limited. Wondering if anybody has run into a similar problem and has a solution. Prefer a semi rigid bed cover similar to a backflip MX 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why not the MX 4? They make it for that truck.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bakflip makes a version of the MX 4 design just for the mft version. I had on my 2020. Fit and worked great.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the corner brackets against the cab prevent you from being able to install the rails.
Both the MX4 and the undercover flex have models that accommodate the corner brackets of MFT.
But, if you have the Ram boxes you will not have those corner braces

Last edited:

LewEP

Reaction score
I really like the MX4 and will look into it. Thank you all for your advice and assistance.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only difference is they cut the rails to fit and add a different hold down up front to make it work with the mft brackets.

Last edited:

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I believe the corner brackets against the cab prevent you from being able to install the rails.
The MX4 is designed to fit your specific bed. There would be an installation kit included to accommodate for the brackets found with the multifunction tailgate bed. If you have any questions on fitment, availability, ship times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

themust

Reaction score
RigjtOn Brackets makes a simple 90 degree steel bracket that replaces and is actually stronger than the one that is required for the MFT. Use that and you can then have a much broader range of cover options. I installed these very easily and replaced the standard soft cover with my old hard cover that had been on my older ‘19 Laramie with the standard (non mft) tailgate. It also therefore doesn’t have the intrusion of the reinforcing brackets that come with the mft for bed rigidity. 1693809157750.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread