5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 ram 1500 warlock

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To make the Warlock edition stand on its own, and away from the regular Classic configuration, Ram has made sure to add unique features. You’ll be getting Warlock decals on the bedsides, 20-inch semi-gloss black aluminum wheels, LED rear tail lamps, heavy-duty rear shocks, a black grille with R-A-M lettering, tow hooks, an available Sport hood, front and rear powder coated bumpers, LED fog lamps, a 1-inch factory lift, black badging, unique hood decals, black wheel flares, and projector headlamps with dark bezels. Further features include a leather-wrapped steering wheel, Diesel Grey cloth seating, LED bed lighting, ParkSense rear park assist, an overhead console, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, power foldaway mirrors, and a 7-inch cluster display.

Sounds like a BTS build. Doesn't mention anything about the two-tone roof paint that appears in the picture.

the BTS did have running boards though.
BTS also has the LED headlamps which look better.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Warlock is a Tradesman trim. It’s the low end of the spectrum (the only trim lower than a Bighorn). So you can’t expect too much here.

U

User_3336

The Warlock is a Tradesman trim. It’s the low end of the spectrum (the only trim lower than a Bighorn). So you can’t expect too much here.
Doesn't appear "low end" by the specs. We're talking about the 2024 right? Did you read all the thread?

It resembles a BTS too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It would look better in Granite Crystal…….just saying.😉

White just doesn’t cut it for a “Warlock”.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't appear "low end" by the specs. We're talking about the 2024 right? Did you read all the thread?

It resembles a BTS too much.
I can’t speak for the Warlock package, but a Tradesman has a base price that’s 12.5% lower than a base Bighorn. So you’re missing a lot of something there.

U

User_3336

I can’t speak for the Warlock package, but a Tradesman has a base price that’s 12.5% lower than a base Bighorn. So you’re missing a lot of something there.

but we're talking about the The 2024 Ram 1500 Warlock trim in the DT trim (not a classic) aren't we?
This is a far cry from a Tradesman.

warlock.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
but we're talking about the The 2024 Ram 1500 Warlock trim in the DT trim (not a classic) aren't we?
This is a far cry from a Tradesman.

View attachment 163381
There’s a DT Tradesman trim for 2023 (and previous years). It’s the low end of the DT spectrum. I don’t see any reason that the 2024 would be any different. Yes, the Warlock package will add some features to get it close to a Bighorn, but it will still be a cheaper truck overall.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Warlock is just a word.
Do you really buy a car\truck based upon the name?
Look at the features, if it has what you want great, don't buy it because the name sounds cool.
A Warlock is NOT a Limited, nor a Laramie.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Warlock is just a word.
Do you really buy a car\truck based upon the name?
Look at the features, if it has what you want great, don't buy it because the name sounds cool.
A Warlock is NOT a Limited, nor a Laramie.
I bought my BTS becauss it was a Navy edition BTS.

Jake103

Reaction score
I think the tradesman warlock is a great option. You get a similar looking package to a rebel or bts but its cheaper. Just like Chevy does with the trail bosses. They have a custom trail boss which isn't as luxury interior wise or tech wise, but you can still have a trail boss at a cheaper price. Although with ram you still get a v8. The custom trail boss only has the 2.7. Not that it matters but I think they will be popular option.

Last edited:

Jake103

Reaction score
I don't know that i would change the headlights, i liked them but the tail lights i would swap for a smoked version.
Hope your family medical issues get better.
Thank you they have been. Now its just the bills side of the medical now... Which is a payment all in its self lol in a year or 2 I will be in a better spot and will definatley be looking. I would swap the headlights for LED as well they look more modern if you will. I agree with the smoked taillights they should have done that to begin with.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After reviewing some of the comments in this thread, there seems to be some confusion about what the DT Warlock is. It's a Tradesman with a package. Similar to a Bighorn with the Back Country package. The Warlock is not a "trim" level (like Bighorn, Laramie, etc.). The Warlock is still a Tradesman.

Here's a link to a build sheet for a 2023 DT Warlock.

Aside from the dress-ups, it's still a pretty basic truck. Cloth bench seats (no center console), 8.4" center stack, 3.21 rear axle, manual folding mirrors, stuff like that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought my BTS becauss it was a Navy edition BTS.
You know that is unique and nothing to do with Warlock.
Do you think someone is going to buy a Warlock packaged Ram becuase they play a Warlock in World of Warcraft or something? I mean I guess anything is possible, good play Ram?

After reviewing some of the comments in this thread, there seems to be some confusion about what the DT Warlock is. It's a Tradesman with a package. Similar to a Bighorn with the Back Country package. The Warlock is not a "trim" level (like Bighorn, Laramie, etc.). The Warlock is still a Tradesman.

Here's a link to a build sheet for a 2023 DT Warlock.

Aside from the dress-ups, it's still a pretty basic truck. Cloth bench seats (no center console), 8.4" center stack, 3.21 rear axle, manual folding mirrors, stuff like that.
And the way price keeps increasing they probably could of just gotten a Laramie or Bighorn for the price of what a Tradesman goes for is if they wait for "this very special vehicle to become available". It's a win for Ram.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By now, you guys know that RAM will put together a totally "new package" just by changing a bumper color, a grille from glossy to matte, etc etc etc. Its insane.

the Warlock 5th gen looks too much like a night edition.
a bit too much maybe but I can't complain too much - some packages and colors are cool and that is about the only thing ram can do to sort of keep more buyers interested before a refresh
I am very happy with my tank BTS - at over 2 years I have only come across 1 gator, and another tank
There are some very happy back country owners
and the rebel havoc edition looks awesome to me
There are a ton of 4th gen warlocks in my area so if the numbers were there then it was worth it to Ram to bring it to the 5th gen

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure Ram has some good logic behind offering this package. I just can't figure it out, though. Between all of the trims and packages that already exist in the DT platform, I don't see what makes this one stand out. It's starting to feel like I'm looking at a menu at a mexican restaurant. There are 200 things on the menu, but they're just different combinations of meat, rice, beans, cheese, and tortillas.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure Ram has some good logic behind offering this package. I just can't figure it out, though. Between all of the trims and packages that already exist in the DT platform, I don't see what makes this one stand out. It's starting to feel like I'm looking at a menu at a mexican restaurant. There are 200 things on the menu, but they're just different combinations of meat, rice, beans, cheese, and tortillas.
Since you can't order individual options anymore, at least you can order variables.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would say the popularity of the Warlock Classic is part of the reason they made it a DT package. Name recognition, and price point hit s lot of younger buyers.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know that is unique and nothing to do with Warlock.
Do you think someone is going to buy a Warlock packaged Ram becuase they play a Warlock in World of Warcraft or something? I mean I guess anything is possible, good play Ram?

And the way price keeps increasing they probably could of just gotten a Laramie or Bighorn for the price of what a Tradesman goes for is if they wait for "this very special vehicle to become available". It's a win for Ram.
true, a tradesman can get very close $ to a big horn once you add some options however depending on the marker, timing and like you mentioned looking at the features in the truck not the name and sometimes not even the trim, you could get a really good value going with a lower trim
When I was in the market early 21 - I was looking at Laramie's and then bump into a big horn BTS @ $58 msrp - the laramies on the lots were price at this or higher and lack
12" screen
pano roof
bug
raised high
a few safety options
side steps
So the big horn felt more luxurious to me other than the leather seats that I didn't care for and $5K incentives from ram on big horns seal the deal

Users who are viewing this thread