5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram 1500 Laramie 12” Uconnect 5 wireless apple CarPlay issues continued.

austin7777

Reaction score
Took my 2023 1500 Limited to the shop yesterday. Ive had problems like the above since I purchased it. They asked my IOS version, which is 17.1 and said that it is incompatible with Uconnect as they only support up to 16.4.1 which was released 8 months ago. Total BS. The also said that the was an update available and they would install it. so its at the shop. Ill report back. I checked for OTA updates before bringing it in and there were none, so I dont know. This is the site they showed me at the dealership Uconnect ® Bluetooth Phone Pairing Instructions | Mopar®

n1ckel

Reaction score
Also having the same issue as OP. Only tried a soft reset for now and issue persists. But today, I tried turning wifi off and then on again on the iPhone, once the engine was on. On turning off, it showed a message that carplay will disconnect even though it was shown as not connected on device manager page. But turning it on again and connecting through uconnect menu was instant. Definitely looks like a uconnect issue.

smgorham

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500 limited and it has been on MY23.T25.48-PROD since the day I got it back in February. I see so many posts about OTA updates. I have never gotten one, uconnect site shows my software is up to date. So how do I force an OTA update or download the updates if uconnect says there are none? Getting very frustrated, this Ram/Uconnect pairing seems to fail at every corner.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500 limited and it has been on MY23.T25.48-PROD since the day I got it back in February. I see so many posts about OTA updates. I have never gotten one, uconnect site shows my software is up to date. So how do I force an OTA update or download the updates if uconnect says there are none? Getting very frustrated, this Ram/Uconnect pairing seems to fail at every corner.
Ota updates are terrible.
The website always says you are always up to date for some reason.
There is no official way for you to download updates.

I can send you a newer version if you PM me, I was told the website owner is getting bullied by Ram about people posting links to the software that is on our radios that we own inside of our trucks.

seansmd

Reaction score
Interesting for the radio UC5 update, copied the zip and it prompted every time it was inserted.

Did the same for the maps and not getting a prompt. Any thoughts?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting for the radio UC5 update, copied the zip and it prompted every time it was inserted.

Did the same for the maps and not getting a prompt. Any thoughts?
I'm guessing you figured it out by now, but need to change from run to off position to get the map promot, then you can turn it back to run.

seansmd

Reaction score
I'm guessing you figured it out by now, but need to change from run to off position to get the map promot, then you can turn it back to run.
I had to unzip the files to the root directory which had the zipped file and the extracted files, or it was just the fact that is was a cycle of the truck and the card?

Either way all updated, thanks @Darksteel165

Gerardv514

Reaction score
I had to unzip the files to the root directory which had the zipped file and the extracted files, or it was just the fact that is was a cycle of the truck and the card?

Either way all updated, thanks @Darksteel165

Well what version are you now running and are you seeing issues resolved, new issues, etc?

Gerardv514

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie showing FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD. I’ve been checking for updates but nothing. Recently I am experiencing a lot of weird issues when connecting my iPhone via CarPlay, such as audio only playing out of one speaker. The Google map showing half screen.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie showing FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD. I’ve been checking for updates but nothing. Recently I am experiencing a lot of weird issues when connecting my iPhone via CarPlay, such as audio only playing out of one speaker. The Google map showing half screen.
You're a version behind.

Gerardv514

Reaction score
You're a version behind.

When was this latest version released?

I’ve had the truck since June and have yet to seen to update. It’s been to the dealer twice and both times I believe they’ve updated.

Is there any release notes for the latest version? Additionally, where can I download and instructions on how’s to update via usb.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When was this latest version released?

I’ve had the truck since June and have yet to seen to update. It’s been to the dealer twice and both times I believe they’ve updated.

Is there any release notes for the latest version? Additionally, where can I download and instructions on how’s to update via usb.
It's been out for a bit not sure how long.
Dealer never seems to apply the updates and typically say stuff like it's not for your vin etc and over the air updates don't happen for most of us.

There are no release notes and the only way to get the software is from someone else who has the update files as RAM keeps it held hostage so people can't update their own trucks for some reason, likely to increase dealership interaction and charge additional service fees.

If you want you can PM me and I can provide what I have, it's a extremely simple update process.

Afrieken

Reaction score
Apple CarPlay wireless connection issue, lengthy post, sorry in advance.

New 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie with 12” Uconnect 5 display with wireless apple CarPlay feature.
Issues:
- Uconnect does not auto-connect to iPhone on start-up.
- sometimes takes 20 minutes for apple CarPlay to finally connect wirelessly.
- have to use wired connection, but that causes an issue when playing Serious XM radio, it auto selects back to the plugged in device and stops Serious stops playing, happens multiple times.
- clicking the apple carplay button, after 10 seconds the box pops up saying, “unable to connect, make sure Bluetooth device is in range.”
- Bluetooth will connect to answer calls and play music from phone, but once you click the CarPlay button, it disconnects and says device not in range.
- if/when connected to CarPlay, wireless or wired, it randomly disconnects during phone calls or while using iPhone or google maps.

Solution attempts so far, with no success:

- reset radio through vehicle settings. Same issues.
- remove Uconnect from phones Bluetooth, delete device from Uconnect’s device manager, reset radio, pair phone again. Same issues.
- delete device, remove Uconnect from Bluetooth, hold power button for 10 seconds and perform hard reset, re-pair device. Same issues.
- dropped vehicle off at dealer, had a new Uconnect 5 12” display unit installed, same issues.
- ensure phone is on latest software, ensure Uconnect is on latest update, same issues.
- contacted Ram connect customer support, they had me attempt all above steps again, same issues.
- contacted Apple services, they had me perform every known reset/solution for my phone, same issues. They advised I take it to a dealer..
- ensured apple CarPlay is enabled within phone settings, WiFi and Bluetooth are on, no phone settings are restricting CarPlay from working. Phone is iPhone 12 for reference using the latest iOS as of the date of this post, iOS 17.1.

I am still in contact with local dealer for pending updates, they are baffled at the issue and said they have a handful of new vehicles with the same issue and no solution.

Posting this to see if anyone by chance has a method I haven’t tried or perhaps the right eyes will see this post and add this to an existing STAR report.
I have a Ram 1500 Long Horn (Limited) that is four days old. I have the same problem and have tried the same solutions except for changing the vehicle hardware.

smgorham

Reaction score
I just spoke with Uconnect and they told me the following

1. They are not doing OTA updates at this time because "it broke alot of the radios"
  2. They are no longer offering USB updates to consumers "at this time"
  3. I need to bring it to a dealer to get it updated. I said I assume this at at no charge. She said "they may charge you an out of pocket fee but if you then submit the receipt to uconnect they "may" reimburse"
I have tried with a file provided to me by someone on this forum but it doesn't seem to read any of the USB drives/formats I have tried. I will call the dealer and ask them what the deal is.

This is getting ridiculous

Cristyan

Reaction score
Here, things are getting worse instead of improving. I received an OTA weeks ago, but now, besides sometimes not connecting to CarPlay when I start the truck, it started disconnecting randomly in the middle of trips. Is anyone else facing this?

Moparmaniacca

Reaction score
Traded my 2022 Bighorn in for a fully loaded 2023 Rebel just this week. Carplay was working fine for the first two days. As of the last two days, it still connects immediately when starting the truck, but after a few minutes, it drops connection intermittently for a few minutes, then drops altogether. I noticed that it doesn't have the 97A software recall (for backup camera) done yet. Does this software update also affect the rest of the radio? Anyone have it done?

23RAM

Reaction score
Traded my 2022 Bighorn in for a fully loaded 2023 Rebel just this week. Carplay was working fine for the first two days. As of the last two days, it still connects immediately when starting the truck, but after a few minutes, it drops connection intermittently for a few minutes, then drops altogether. I noticed that it doesn't have the 97A software recall (for backup camera) done yet. Does this software update also affect the rest of the radio? Anyone have it done?
I had the recall update done. Everything works fine except for my Sirius channel 3020 (classic rock) now jumps to some other pop station until I tap the button again. It only does it on the first preset. Don't know if it's a Sirius problem or a radio problem yet.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
On my 23 Limited had to turn off WiFi for wireless Car play to operate properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread