5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Options - Does not have to be a truck

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The GC just had a refresh for 2022. It's completely new and different from the old GC/Durango. It doesn't have the hemi though.

2022_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_overland_fq_oem_1_815.jpg
You can still get the Hemi in the three-row GC L.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The GC just had a refresh for 2022. It's completely new and different from the old GC/Durango. It doesn't have the hemi though.

2022_jeep_grand-cherokee_4dr-suv_overland_fq_oem_1_815.jpg
It looks nice. Went over to build one up and yes the old Pentastar is the only option. You notice they don't even list the HP/TQ...pretty sure that is on purpose.

It really needs that new straight 6 turbo. Now the 4xE model is nice but gets quickly to $70K plus once you get what you really want.

You can still get the Hemi in the three-row GC L.
Yup...just noticed that as well. Don't really need three row though. It definitely is worth looking at though.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It looks nice. Went over to build one up and yes the old Pentastar is the only option. You notice they don't even list the HP/TQ...pretty sure that is on purpose.

It really needs that new straight 6 turbo. Now the 4xE model is nice but gets quickly to $70K plus once you get what you really want.

Yup...just noticed that as well. Don't really need three row though. It definitely is worth looking at though.

The turbo would be a perfect fit for this. The 4xe doesn't seem to do that well in reviews IIRC.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Given that you've got a Limited, I presume the ~$70k price point isn't a problem for you.

GC 4xe if you want to stay in the Stellantis family. Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride if you want a comparitively bargain priced loaded non-PHEV, non-luxury SUV. The upcoming '24 4xe version of the Wagoneer if you want a lot more interior room than the truck, though it'll almost certainly be pricier than the GC 4xe. 3.0 Tahoe/Yukon if you want to stay with a big ICE SUV.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Volvo XC90 recharge/T8, luxury, 400hp, PHEV with 30 mile electric only range is another option I don't see you've looked at.
Never really thought about a Volvo...as I am not sure I am old enough yet. :)

I did go on their website and build one up...about 80K the way you want it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Don't need to be old to drive a Volvo. I bought a 2002 S60 T5 for my daughter as a school car. Has the manual transmission. It's actually a fun little car to drive. She doesn't drive it to it's full potential, which is good. That inline 5cyl engine engine with the turbo has some good power. She hates the manual transmission though.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not going to lie, didn't read all the responses, but I'd suggest a previous gen Ranger, and a new Nissan Z. 😁

smashweights

Reaction score

The new one's are slick. You can get lightly used low mileage ones for ~$50k. They're consistently rated top of their classes in the mid SUV range

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Being the OP has a Limited ( I owned a 2019 Ram Limited) I am now in a 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 1500 4X4. The interior is maybe better than the Limited which6i really liked. The Super Cruise is awesome. Way better the the F150 BlueCruise. The GMC has mag-ride which is really good but air suspension is best. If you are an Android person, the GMC has a Google operating system that runs the infotainment. I don't even use Android Auto any more. 20230205_131046.jpg

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
If I didn't need the full size room I would be in a Gladiator, either a Rubicon or Mojave. I like the Mojave for the reinforced frame, remote resi Fox 2.5's, hydraulic bump stops etc. I just couldn't swing it with a car seat in the back. They have to have 35's or 37's to look right imo. Bonus is getting to take the doors or top off, and it will climb like a goat.

20220606_110152.jpg

A more tame choice for me is the Durango R/T with the 5.7 and the tow n go package. The tow n go exhaust sound is phenomenal. The durango is a roomy, comfy ride.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m just going to say this , have you looked at the Pacifica ? All the rear seats fold flat so your dog would have tons of room plus any cargo you need to put in the back and way better gas mileage than the Ram .

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I wasn’t going to do a full size pickup I would most likely buy the new 2024 Toyota Tacoma. I really like the changes they made.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m just going to say this , have you looked at the Pacifica ? All the rear seats fold flat so your dog would have tons of room plus any cargo you need to put in the back and way better gas mileage than the Ram .
We've got a Pacifica. I wasn't too keen on it when we first bought it, but damn it has a lot of room. Since there's only me and my wife now, we keep all the seats down and our dogs love riding in the back.There's just a ****-ton of room with the seats down.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We've got a Pacifica. I wasn't too keen on it when we first bought it, but damn it has a lot of room. Since there's only me and my wife now, we keep all the seats down and our dogs love riding in the back.There's just a ****-ton of room with the seats down.
If it were up to my dog it would certainly be a mini van. :)

I however cannot do it.

Right now the leading contender is the Ford Explorer ST. Has the room necessary and some fun factor when I want to play around.

I like the new Genesis GV80 as well but they get up around $80K with the options you want and they are MSRP at best.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it were up to my dog it would certainly be a mini van. :)

I however cannot do it.

Right now the leading contender is the Ford Explorer ST. Has the room necessary and some fun factor when I want to play around.

I like the new Genesis GV80 as well but they get up around $80K with the options you want and they are MSRP at best.
My wife really likes it. That's the only reason we bought it.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife really wanted a minivan back in 2012, so we bought a new Town and Country. As much as I wanted to hate it, I just couldn't. It was super comfortable, plenty of power with the 3.6L, and the stow and go seats just made it the go to hauler.

If she hadn't discovered Wranglers along the way, we'd probably have a new Pacifica.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the guy that tells you to get a Rubicon. 2024 Rubis look really nice! And the seats fold down well too.

Ford products are only good to lease with maintenance included. I absolutely hate working on Ford products for various reasons. GM products may look luxurious but they feel cheap...

If I was in your shoe, I'd pick anything that has a big V8 in it. Most V8s vehicles that are worth keeping and have good resale value are going soon. Lexus GX is going V6TT, Toyota Tundra and Landcruiser dropped their 5.7 for V6TT, Dodge dropping their V8 for I6TT (we all know about that), the list goes on. (I know Ford and GM are keeping their V8s but... I wouldn't touch those with a 10ft pole)

You can always get something with a V8 and when the lease is up, see how much resale value is and buy it then flip and make your money back.

OR you can just get a Rubi 4xe. Convertible when you want it to, also saves you fuel, and you can basically go anywhere you want lol

Users who are viewing this thread