5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Options - Does not have to be a truck

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the guy that tells you to get a Rubicon. 2024 Rubis look really nice! And the seats fold down well too.

Ford products are only good to lease with maintenance included. I absolutely hate working on Ford products for various reasons. GM products may look luxurious but they feel cheap...

If I was in your shoe, I'd pick anything that has a big V8 in it. Most V8s vehicles that are worth keeping and have good resale value are going soon. Lexus GX is going V6TT, Toyota Tundra and Landcruiser dropped their 5.7 for V6TT, Dodge dropping their V8 for I6TT (we all know about that), the list goes on. (I know Ford and GM are keeping their V8s but... I wouldn't touch those with a 10ft pole)

You can always get something with a V8 and when the lease is up, see how much resale value is and buy it then flip and make your money back.

OR you can just get a Rubi 4xe. Convertible when you want it to, also saves you fuel, and you can basically go anywhere you want lol

There is talk the Hemi will stay in production when the 2025 refresh happens, the Hurricane will be placed above it. Hopefully we will find out soon.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is talk the Hemi will stay in production when the 2025 refresh happens, the Hurricane will be placed above it. Hopefully we will find out soon.
iirc hemi is confirmed to return in 2024. I read somewhere that TRX is confirmed for 2024 so by that logic dictates regular hemis return for 2024 too

SD Rebel

Reaction score
iirc hemi is confirmed to return in 2024. I read somewhere that TRX is confirmed for 2024 so by that logic dictates regular hemis return for 2024 too

Absolutely, but the one we are all worried about is 2025, that is when the mid-cycle refresh for the 1500 happens and the introduction of the Hurricane comes in. Some are worried the Hemi will be dropped, however there is some reports they will keep the Hemi in the 1500 along with the Hurricane for 2025 and the rest of the DT generation.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely, but the one we are all worried about is 2025, that is when the mid-cycle refresh for the 1500 happens and the introduction of the Hurricane comes in. Some are worried the Hemi will be dropped, however there is some reports they will keep the Hemi in the 1500 along with the Hurricane for 2025 and the rest of the DT generation.
hmm i can see both scenerios happening even though I'm not hopeful that they'd keep the hemis when refresh happens... but we shall see!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I’m 99% sure there’s no Hemi for MY2025. I haven’t checked lately, but several weeks ago when I looked, there were ZERO pilot builds for 2025 with Hemi engines. They were all Pentastars and Hurricanes.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I’m 99% sure there’s no Hemi for MY2025. I haven’t checked lately, but several weeks ago when I looked, there were ZERO pilot builds for 2025 with Hemi engines. They were all Pentastars and Hurricanes.
wow that's a big change coming... they might as well just call it gen 6 instead lol

silver billet

Reaction score

I'm over it. My next truck will be a heavy duty at this point, and most likely not Ram.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the new Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max also looks like an interesting possibility. Also has around 400HP but has 26 combined MPG which is pretty amazing....not to mention typical Toyota quality hopefully (first model year though!).

I'll be checking this and test driving it soon.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the new Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max also looks like an interesting possibility. Also has around 400HP but has 26 combined MPG which is pretty amazing....not to mention typical Toyota quality hopefully (first model year though!).

Typical Toyota quality isn't what it used to be.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Speaking of Highlander, my daughter saw this on the road and sent my this photo.

IMG_0806.jpg

Jako

Reaction score
Typical Toyota quality isn't what it used to be.
Wasn't so great for my 2001 Toyota Rav 4. Known problem with computer screwing up transmission at the 125K mark or so, expensive repair for computer and transmission. Thumbs up for my 1985 Corolla SR5 and 1990 Toyota Celica though. Very happy with my Hondas, 2006 Accord and 2017 Civic, both great cars.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just thought I'd come back to this post.

I did wind up going with a Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited. Picked it up last week.

My only wish is they had bench seating but not something you typically find in 3 row SUVs now.

Toyota and Lexus basically allocate what they want to the dealers and you get what you get these days. No customer build ordering anymore.

I was hoping the 2025 Ford Explorer ST would be the ticket but it now does not come with a second row bench seat anymore either. Everything is captain chairs now.

And the two row SUVs just are not exciting enough power wise.

So this fit the bill for the time being.

My 2019 RAM with 33K miles is now sitting at Carolina Chrysler Jeep Ram Dodge in Lugoff, SC. It is a fantastic truck you can probably get for around 40K now.

So peace out for now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread