5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Laramie flooded won’t start

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good lord. You shop lease offers just like you would regular financing when buying the vehicle, and choose the one that works out best for you. What difference does it make if the dealer may or may not be getting a “kickback”, as long as the lease offer you choose is financially better than other offers, WGAF?

Correct, my lease was cheaper than the purchase. due to a lease rebate, the interest rate (money factor) was also lower on the lease.

To convert the money factor into a digestible number like the interest or annual percentage rate (APR) you'll pay, multiply it by 2,400. For example, if the money factor in your lease agreement is 0.0010, when you multiply this figure by 2,400 you'll get an APR of 2.4%

John Galt

Reaction score
“I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better”
- Ida Auken

Freeing the world’s peasants from the burden of ownership.

6of36

Reaction score
And you trust a salesperson or a finance manager for giving you the "best rate"? Best deal for them you mean?
Gees, you truly are gullible!
When the tell me I can get the vehicle for $525through the credit union, or $550 through the factory, yes I believe them. Are you that gullible to just take the factory lease rate?

U

User_3336

When the tell me I can get the vehicle for $525through the credit union, or $550 through the factory, yes I believe them. Are you that gullible to just take the factory lease rate?
Naw, but I know finance managers and how they add points to loans, whether it be a purchase of a loan.
One made the mistake of lying to me, then sent me the sheet where it was marked up. I inquire about all that stuff BEFORE I arrive at the stealership.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Leased a 2020 Cherokee (through Ally) for 39 months. The lease buyout was $17,200 and when my special order Ram came in, the dealer offered me nothing over the buyout price. I bought it cash from Ally, and 2 weeks later, sold it to Carvana for $24,200. The timing was helped by the used car values going up because of COVID for sure, but I'm happy how it worked out.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, so we had flash flooding in my area and my truck won’t start. Water got into the engine… I have added new wheels (20” moto metal 962) and tires (Falken wildpeaks at3w 285/65r20). My question is, should I remove the wheels and tires and replace with oem wheels in the event it gets declared a total loss before the insurance does their inspection and makes a determination? Or should I just leave the car as is and then wait for them to tell me if it’s a total loss or not?
i would take them off

so any news?

John89

Reaction score
i would take them off

so any news?
I took the wheels/tires off and my power running boards. Car has been sitting at the dealer ever since pending for progressive to be able to do their inspection scheduled for May 5th… I’m sure they’re swamped with the amount of claims that have come in.

John89

Reaction score
Update: So nearly after 3 months, progressive would not budge and said they wanted to replace the engine and the CDJR dealership just returned the vehicle to me today. They swapped the engine for a new one and installed new carpets in front/rear.

Everything seems to be running as it should from what I can tell; for now.. I did notice something that I’m unsure of and perhaps one of you guys can take a look under your hood and lmk if this looks the same for you? I see this tube that is cut diagonally and is leaking water. It seems as if it’s condensation from the A/C. Just want to confirm this. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5712.jpeg
    IMG_5712.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5713.jpeg
    IMG_5713.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 24

BowDown

Reaction score
Update: So nearly after 3 months, progressive would not budge and said they wanted to replace the engine and the CDJR dealership just returned the vehicle to me today. They swapped the engine for a new one and installed new carpets in front/rear.

Everything seems to be running as it should from what I can tell; for now.. I did notice something that I’m unsure of and perhaps one of you guys can take a look under your hood and lmk if this looks the same for you? I see this tube that is cut diagonally and is leaking water. It seems as if it’s condensation from the A/C. Just want to confirm this. Thanks!
It is

U

User_3336

plus I don't have to pay the sales tax in full cost of the truck. You only pay sales tax on the residual value at the end of lease.
Must vary by state, but in TN, you pay sales tax on your monthly base payment, THEN the remainder of the sales tax if you purchase it at lease end.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Must vary by state, but in TN, you pay sales tax on your monthly base payment, THEN the remainder of the sales tax if you purchase it at lease end.
There is monthly sales tax on the lease payment, but it's cheaper than what I would pay buying outright

U

User_3336

There is monthly sales tax on the lease payment, but it's cheaper than what I would pay buying outright
7% here sales tax, and that's what it would be if you bought it at lease end. I guess we get shafted here in TN.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
7% here sales tax, and that's what it would be if you bought it at lease end. I guess we get shafted here in TN.
Where I live it's 5.5%. $966 over term of lease. Would be close to $2k if I paid on full amount

Jako

Reaction score
NYC

The City Sales Tax rate is 4.5%
NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4%
Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375%
for a total Sales and Use Tax of

8.875 percent.

U

User_3336

NYC

The City Sales Tax rate is 4.5%
NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4%
Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375%
for a total Sales and Use Tax of

8.875 percent.
Gees, I thought TN residents were f*****! LOL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tax on my new truck will be over $4,200.
Well, Yeah, I'm saying it would be $2k more paying tax on full amount, than on just residual. Or lease for 42 months for $966 in sales tax and save $1k

6of36

Reaction score
Well, Yeah, I'm saying it would be $2k more paying tax on full amount, than on just residual. Or lease for 42 months for $966 in sales tax and save $1k
I have leased for the last 23 years. Leases were less than $200, and made sense. I've gotten them where it would be stupid to purchase right off the bat, because if purchasing at the end of the lease, it would have saved about $3,000, adding lease payments, and buy out, compared to purchase price. However, leases have gone insane. The 21 Laramie I leased, the payment was just over $500. When I totaled it 16 months later, the Identical 22, was $720 a month. If I'm paying that much to lease, I'm upgrading to a Limited, and purchasing, for little more.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have leased for the last 23 years. Leases were less than $200, and made sense. I've gotten them where it would be stupid to purchase right off the bat, because if purchasing at the end of the lease, it would have saved about $3,000, adding lease payments, and buy out, compared to purchase price. However, leases have gone insane. The 21 Laramie I leased, the payment was just over $500. When I totaled it 16 months later, the Identical 22, was $720 a month. If I'm paying that much to lease, I'm upgrading to a Limited, and purchasing, for little more.
That's brutal.
My 84 month term for my Limited is 795 a month and I own it at the end LOL.

At least for me and around here lease payments are always 1.5-2x the monthly payment on a 72 month loan.
I remember looking at a Ford Fusion back in 2014 and the lease payment was going to be $475 a month. Ended up getting an 04 Infiniti G35x and was better then that Fusion could ever be and only got rid of it to get a 45th anniversary edition 2SS Camaro.

Users who are viewing this thread