5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Laramie Cluster Swap

nramo013

Reaction score
First off, I apologize in advance, I am new to the forum (literally minutes have passed since I registered), but in my search I didn't see a full detailed answer on what I was looking for. I am about to pick up a 2023 Laramie with Level B package (12" cluster) but it does not have the "Sports" package, which came with the Digital Cluster. Since I already will have the 12" Center Radio, the questions I have are:

1. How hard is it to just swap the Analog/7" Digital Standard Cluster to the full 12" Digital Cluster?
  2. If I actually get a 2023 Digital Cluster, are there any other parts needed since it would be same year? I have read other posts about harnesses and modules
  3. I've showered a few websites using google and can't find an aftermarket place to source the cluster; does anyone have the part number to get it directly from MOPAR, if 3rd Party isn't an option?
Thank you in advance for your help (and understanding)

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First off, I apologize in advance, I am new to the forum (literally minutes have passed since I registered), but in my search I didn't see a full detailed answer on what I was looking for. I am about to pick up a 2023 Laramie with Level B package (12" cluster) but it does not have the "Sports" package, which came with the Digital Cluster. Since I already will have the 12" Center Radio, the questions I have are:

1. How hard is it to just swap the Analog/7" Digital Standard Cluster to the full 12" Digital Cluster?
  2. If I actually get a 2023 Digital Cluster, are there any other parts needed since it would be same year? I have read other posts about harnesses and modules
  3. I've showered a few websites using google and can't find an aftermarket place to source the cluster; does anyone have the part number to get it directly from MOPAR, if 3rd Party isn't an option?
Right now the cluster is very expensive. And you can't get it without having a core to return to the dealer. You might be able to find one in a junkyard but I doubt it. I think without the core it is like $1,800. You can install it once you get it but there's probably some programming and other things involved. Since no one's been able to really get one yet we don't have a had a good write-up on how to do it.

nramo013

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance...by core, you mean, my existing Cluster?

I have a 2014 SLT, and when I bought it, it has the full analog, with small blue LCD display. I just did a swap without any reprogramming on that head unit and it worked just fine. Of course, this was back in 2014 and I'm sure things have changed. I had also updated the Nav to the upgraded touch screen version of the time.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance...by core, you mean, my existing Cluster?

I have a 2014 SLT, and when I bought it, it has the full analog, with small blue LCD display. I just did a swap without any reprogramming on that head unit and it worked just fine. Of course, this was back in 2014 and I'm sure things have changed. I had also updated the Nav to the upgraded touch screen version of the time.
No, core as in a broken 12" Digital Cluster to give to get money off a new 12" digital cluster. Core charges are a common thing with many auto parts.

Reaction score
i find that it almost always cheaper to buy it the way you want it. infotainment charges so much for the upgrades 1 or 2 item's cost more than getting the option package that actually had those item's and much more. i would just enjoy what you have. no way is it worth 1800 plus the trouble. i'm sure it will get cheaper when supply exceeds demand.
that being said i'm kinda of a hypocrite i swapped my cluster but from a base to the 7 inch. it only cast me 185.00 on feebay

vincentw56

Reaction score
i find that it almost always cheaper to buy it the way you want it. infotainment charges so much for the upgrades 1 or 2 item's cost more than getting the option package that actually had those item's and much more. i would just enjoy what you have. no way is it worth 1800 plus the trouble. i'm sure it will get cheaper when supply exceeds demand.
that being said i'm kinda of a hypocrite i swapped my cluster but from a base to the 7 inch. it only cast me 185.00 on feebay
Well, your logic isn't true. I've added a bunch of options afterwards to my truck and it was still way cheaper than going up a trim level or option packages. Infotainment charges for convenience. You can add all of their options for almost half what they charge.

Reaction score
re
Well, your logic isn't true. I've added a bunch of options afterwards to my truck and it was still way cheaper than going up a trim level or option packages. Infotainment charges for convenience. You can add all of their options for almost half what they charge.
really? no my logic is true. if your ordering or buying new it is cheaper to get the option package . if you get used and want to add then i get it
$2,599.95 – $3,999.95
https://infotainment.com/shop/inter...-wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade/
$1,959.96 – $2,199.95

$3,845 bighorn level b

115-Volt Auxiliary Power-Outlet
  • 400W Inverter
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
  • 9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
  • A/C with Dual-Zone Auto Temperature Control
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Black Exterior Mirrors
  • Power-Heated Mirrors with Power Fold-Away
  • Class IV Receiver-Hitch
  • Cluster with 7.0-Inch TFT Color Display
  • Convex Wide-Angle Exterior-Mirror Insert
  • Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element
  • Front Fog Lamps
  • Glove Box Lamp
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • "Big Horn" Instrument-Panel Badge
  • LED Footwell-Lighting
  • Media Hub with 2 Charge-Only USB Ports
  • ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
  • 2-Way Power Lumbar Adjustable Driver Seat
  • 8-Way Power Driver Seat
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Rear Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
  • Rear Power-Sliding Window
  • Automatic-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Remote-Start System
  • Security Alarm
  • SiriusXM® with 6-Month Radio Sub Call 800-643-2112
  • SiriusXM® Radio Trial Subscription
  • Sun-Visors with Illuminated Vanity-Mirrors
  • Uconnect® 5 Nav with 12.0-Inch Touch Screen Display
  • Universal Garage-Door Opener
$995 premium lighting group
  • Front LED Fog Lamps
  • LED Reflector Headlamps
  • LED Tail Lamps

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

For the swap on a 2023, you’ll need a custom conversion harness, the left steering wheel switch that has the pages button, and alfaobd to make a few changes (the necessary settings are not listed in alfaobd, so I would have to explain how to do it by unconventional means).
There is currently no way to correct the mileage that I’m aware of, but alfaobd is working on it.

No online mopar parts supplier is going to sell a cluster. Your only chances at getting one is if you go into a dealership parts department and convince them to order one, but you will be on the hook for the core charge (core charge was $1100 when I bought mine). Otherwise, you have to wait for one to pop up on eBay/junkyards, etc that came out of a wreck.

ryanrep

Reaction score
For the swap on a 2023, you’ll need a custom conversion harness, the left steering wheel switch that has the pages button, and alfaobd to make a few changes (the necessary settings are not listed in alfaobd, so I would have to explain how to do it by unconventional means).
There is currently no way to correct the mileage that I’m aware of, but alfaobd is working on it.

No online mopar parts supplier is going to sell a cluster. Your only chances at getting one is if you go into a dealership parts department and convince them to order one, but you will be on the hook for the core charge (core charge was $1100 when I bought mine). Otherwise, you have to wait for one to pop up on eBay/junkyards, etc that came out of a wreck.
Did you have to have it programmed from the dealer also do you have the part numbers for the button I need

vincentw56

Reaction score
Did you have to have it programmed from the dealer also do you have the part numbers for the button I need
He told you what you need. You need AlfaOBD to program it. No trip to dealer needed. And they would not do anything for you anyway. This is an unsupported mod.

Users who are viewing this thread