5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Total Numbers (ALL MODELS)

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just recently joined the 5thgen forums, mainly to help bring some of the tracking/reporting I have been providing on the TRX forums this part year at the request of members here and wanted to make a post to summarize what I was able to gather over the past week or so for the 2022 trucks.

I want to preface this by saying that your Dealer or RAM CHAT are still the best, most up to date source of your current status and what I am using is all publicly available information so I cant see anything more than anyone else, I just gather multiple points of data from multiple sources and summarize it here.

For those interested in the numbers:
As of this morning, SHAP has 51982 2022 RAM 1500 trucks already scheduled (VIN assigned, there could be even more open orders that haven't made it to D status but that info isn't available publicly) There are currently a total of 83 different models on order, below is the breakdown of the top 10 models by quantity so far which account for 82% of the volume.

ModelQTY
BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
7257​
LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
7045​
LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
5796​
BIG HORN QUAD CAB 4X4 6'4", 5.7L V8 HEMI
5590​
TRX CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 6.2L Supercharged HEMI V8 SRT
4592​
REBEL CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
3794​
SPORT CREW CAB 4x4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2329​
BIG HORN QUAD CAB 4X2 6'4", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2192​
BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X2 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2053​
LIMITED LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2007​

I currently have VINs registered for about 110 5thgen members here and another 200+ on the TRX forums that I will give daily updates to when their truck begins production and again when they are completed and ready to ship.

As of today the plant has already built 190 2022 model trucks that are all listed as evaluation or pilot trucks, I am checking daily in hopes to see the first sold 2022 trucks come down the line, or even better to see the first forum member with a 2022 truck to get produced!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I just recently joined the 5thgen forums, mainly to help bring some of the tracking/reporting I have been providing on the TRX forums this part year at the request of members here and wanted to make a post to summarize what I was able to gather over the past week or so for the 2022 trucks.

I want to preface this by saying that your Dealer or RAM CHAT are still the best, most up to date source of your current status and what I am using is all publicly available information so I cant see anything more than anyone else, I just gather multiple points of data from multiple sources and summarize it here.

For those interested in the numbers:
As of this morning, SHAP has 51982 2022 RAM 1500 trucks already scheduled (VIN assigned, there could be even more open orders that haven't made it to D status but that info isn't available publicly) There are currently a total of 83 different models on order, below is the breakdown of the top 10 models by quantity so far which account for 82% of the volume.

ModelQTY
BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
7257​
LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
7045​
LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
5796​
BIG HORN QUAD CAB 4X4 6'4", 5.7L V8 HEMI
5590​
TRX CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 6.2L Supercharged HEMI V8 SRT
4592​
REBEL CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
3794​
SPORT CREW CAB 4x4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2329​
BIG HORN QUAD CAB 4X2 6'4", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2192​
BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X2 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2053​
LIMITED LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 5'7", 5.7L V8 HEMI
2007​

I currently have VINs registered for about 110 5thgen members here and another 200+ on the TRX forums that I will give daily updates to when their truck begins production and again when they are completed and ready to ship.

As of today the plant has already built 190 2022 model trucks that are all listed as evaluation or pilot trucks, I am checking daily in hopes to see the first sold 2022 trucks come down the line, or even better to see the first forum member with a 2022 truck to get produced!
Thank you very much for the information and update! Just curious for those of us EcoDiesel lovers and/or 10th Anniversary, GT, and BackCountry guys/gals if yo might have sales numbers of those to compare. The geek in me wants to know, LOL. Thanks!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information and update! Just curious for those of us EcoDiesel lovers and/or 10th Anniversary, GT, and BackCountry guys/gals if yo might have sales numbers of those to compare. The geek in me wants to know, LOL. Thanks!!
Engine types can be pulled from the VINs, but the specialty trim packages can't.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, only the ecodiesel can be discerned from the VIN itself which is ALL i have to base this information on currently. 10th anniversary, Gt, Backcountry etc are trim levels on the models listed above. So for example, a 10th Anniversary Limited Crew Cab still just considered a Limited Crew Cab by VIN. Once they trucks start production I will be able to summarize that type of information for all trucks built, but not prior to being built.

Last edited:

firedfly

Reaction score
@triple_B
I'm curious what sources you are using for the publicly available information. Are you able to provide any more details?

Thanks for helping to gather data for us!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Unfortunately, only the ecodiesel can be discerned from the VIN itself which is ALL i have to base this information on currently. 10th anniversary, Gt, Backcountry etc are trim levels on the models listed above. So for example, a 10th Anniversary Limited Crew Cab still just considered a Limited Crew Cab by VIN. Once they trucks start production I will be able to summarize that type of information for all trucks built, but not prior to being built.
Gotcha, this all makes sense. I forgot some of the major mechanical attributes are discernable from the VIN but trim details are not. Like everyone on here can't wait to start seeing some build sheets/Monroney stickers to "mine" some of the details that lack from RAM at this time. I did notice on NADA Guides configurator there were a decent amount of packages/options etc. that said NLA as of "X" date. Stuff is really in flux. I'm also trying to get a straight answer from my dealer/RAM as to why the TTPMS was removed from the Trailer Tow Group and what option/group is going to take the place of that. I want the trailer tire pressure monitoring to be integrated into the truck as opposed to a third party display. I'm a neat freak and don't like loose displays, cords, etc. in the cab.

squid013

Reaction score
So what about the 2500 models? If be interested to see those numbers. Im waiting on a power wagon

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@triple_B
I'm curious what sources you are using for the publicly available information. Are you able to provide any more details?

Thanks for helping to gather data for us!
We don't ask questions of the great Oz! LOL
(I'd like to know as well, I can't find any data)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, only the Great Oz (aka @triple_B) has all the answers on total system info!

But from the 106 users in THIS forum, here's a breakdown of the trim types as communicated by the user. It doesn't list "GT" packages, since that's an add-on (not a trim). Keep in mind that some packages are a sub-type - for example, 10th Anniversary Limited is a sub-type of regular-old boring Limiteds.

1629232210422.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Mr. BlurryCam was at work today on the UAW 1700 FB page. I can't tell what these numbers are (the resolution of the image was too low), but SHAP didn't hit their production goals except on Friday. it looks like they were close, though.

1629233154559.png

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this info - even as someone who doesn't have a 2022 order it is interesting and confirms my suspicion that my preference for a crew cab 6'4" box is not shared with most folks placing orders!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what about the 2500 models? If be interested to see those numbers. Im waiting on a power wagon

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
The HD trucks come from STA in Saltillo Mexico so not part of SHAP. They are a completely different range of VIN's. This set took over 4 days (Started late friday night after spending a couple days poking around CDJR websites) in total to pull running 24/7 at at average rate of about 120 VIN/s. If you want to PM your VIN I am keeping tabs on all forum members vehicles as long as they are under the CDJR umbrella but I wont be trying to gather full factory data for any other plants at the moment.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would do the longer box IF I could get RamBoxes with it. Rambox is a MUST for me!

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk
I understand, that was one of my biggest dilemma's when I ordered my TRX. I had had been on the hunt for a Limited with Rambox, MF tailgate etc and not getting those when I changed over to the ordering the TRX instead was a concern. I had driven a Megacab 2500 for 5 years at that point with extra space for days so I was trying to get all I could in the 1500.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great stuff here.

It would be great to get some feedback from a factory worker in regards to the line production process.

I'm going to guess that it doesn't matter what comes down the assembly line, but i can think of 2 senerios on builds

Example 1:
Assembly line would look like limited, bighorn, rebel, laramie, bighorn, rebel, bighorn, limited, limited...etc.(basically any trim is coming down the line in no particular order) then that would mean the order date is important. The sub trims like GT, back county, 10th anniversary doesn't apply.

Example 2:
Or does the assembly line look something like limited, limited, limited, rebel, rebel, rebel, then at that point date of order number wouldn't matter and model/trim is more important.

Or maybe I'm just so obsessed like most of us, in that we will never know...lol.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here is the current engine breakdown for those interested.

3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
2491​
3.6L V6 VVT
946​
5.7L V8 HEMI
43953​
6.2L SRT V8 HEMI
4592​
Wow, not even close. I figured the Hemi outsold the V6's but not by that margin.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great stuff here.

It would be great to get some feedback from a factory worker in regards to the line production process.

I'm going to guess that it doesn't matter what comes down the assembly line, but i can think of 2 senerios on builds

Example 1:
Assembly line would look like limited, bighorn, rebel, laramie, bighorn, rebel, bighorn, limited, limited...etc.(basically any trim is coming down the line in no particular order) then that would mean the order date is important. The sub trims like GT, back county, 10th anniversary doesn't apply.

Example 2:
Or does the assembly line look something like limited, limited, limited, rebel, rebel, rebel, then at that point date of order number wouldn't matter and model/trim is more important.

Or maybe I'm just so obsessed like most of us, in that we will never know...lol.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I think it’s Example 2 with a vengeance:
Black TRX with Level 2, Black TRX with Level 2, Black TRX with Level 2

Users who are viewing this thread