5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Total Numbers (ALL MODELS)

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Here is the current engine breakdown for those interested.

3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
2491​
3.6L V6 VVT
946​
5.7L V8 HEMI
43953​
6.2L SRT V8 HEMI
4592​
Thank you very much!

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I think it’s Example 2 with a vengeance:
Black TRX with Level 2, Black TRX with Level 2, Black TRX with Level 2
I would truly like to know myself. With the farm equipment I sell almost every tractor, combine, planter, etc goes down the assembly line in the order they were ordered. Literally every unit going down the line any given day could be a different model and/ or options even if a particular customer ordered for instance 5 of the exact same model. They may or may not go down the line sequentially. Most often not based on observation and PIN/VIN number. Believe it or not, our equipment has 17 digit PIN numbers just like a vehicle VIN and also denotes model year, major options, factory location, etc.... The chip shortage has MAJORLY affected our availability of products so now I'm living what my customers have been experiencing. It STINKS,

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@triple_B
I'm curious what sources you are using for the publicly available information. Are you able to provide any more details?

Thanks for helping to gather data for us!
I'm just pulling items like the build sheet and window sticker, but I am doing it for all VIN's and summarizing the results, once the build sheet is available I process its data line by line and summarize the full build. ie. breakdown how many trucks ordered Pano Roof, Rambox, Color, HK, Advanced Tech etc.

About the only other things I can summarize from just the VIN currently is cab configuration (Quad, Crew SB, and Crew LB) and then 2WD vs 4WD, anything more than that will have to wait until production begins.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would truly like to know myself. With the farm equipment I sell almost every tractor, combine, planter, etc goes down the assembly line in the order they were ordered. Literally every unit going down the line any given day could be a different model and/ or options even if a particular customer ordered for instance 5 of the exact same model. They may or may not go down the line sequentially. Most often not based on observation and PIN/VIN number. Believe it or not, our equipment has 17 digit PIN numbers just like a vehicle VIN and also denotes model year, major options, factory location, etc.... The chip shortage has MAJORLY affected our availability of products so now I'm living what my customers have been experiencing. It STINKS,

Yeah I have the same problem in my line of work (high-rise construction). Every piece of rebar has a serial number, and the microchips in the concrete are a real problem.
Just kidding. Everything in my business can be fixed with either a Skil-saw, a demo saw, or a chipping hammer.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, here is a week ending update on the 22 models. I had suspicions of this all year long, that the VIN's were assigned in large batches which would help explain why some members would wait for a week or two to get a VIN and others would get it right after submitting their order.

Obviously I was a little late to the party with my first scan so I can only state the 16th for that first batch of 51982 from my first full scan, but I will continue to run this new scan daily so we have an accurate account from this point forward. I am curious if we will see a similar pattern next week with the large grouping coming in on Friday.

DateVIN Assigned.
16-Aug51982
17-Aug17
18-Aug91
19-Aug125
20-Aug4255

Last edited:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another update, was no new VIN's Sat-Mon, but yesterdays pull found another 11737 VINs that were issued over the weekend. We are up to a total of 68207 2022 trucks on the order books so far!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just selfishly hoping to find out how many of MY truck exist.

2021 Limited 6'4" EcoDiesel Night Edition w/ Tech & Safety package

I'd love to find out that there were like less than 500 of those built for 2021 MY so I can buy a "One of 500 Badge" for my glove box :p

DTol

Reaction score
I'm just selfishly hoping to find out how many of MY truck exist.

2021 Limited 6'4" EcoDiesel Night Edition w/ Tech & Safety package

I'd love to find out that there were like less than 500 of those built for 2021 MY so I can buy a "One of 500 Badge" for my glove box :p
Sounds like mine, except for the night edition. Got the colored bumpers though.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OH MAN! Thought we might have had the first 2022 sold order today. Got excited, seen a 2022 truck come across during the middle of my scan and had to wait until it was finished to check it out, so I sat here for over an hour waiting on it to finish just so I could see what it was.

There was a single 2022 White Limited down the assembly line today, but it was listed as a development pilot truck to go with the other 190 they have built to date. Maybe that's a good sign of things to come though.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OH MAN! Thought we might have had the first 2022 sold order today. Got excited, seen a 2022 truck come across during the middle of my scan and had to wait until it was finished to check it out, so I sat here for over an hour waiting on it to finish just so I could see what it was.

There was a single 2022 White Limited down the assembly line today, but it was listed as a development pilot truck to go with the other 190 they have built to date. Maybe that's a good sign of things to come though.
94ebbf410b367ef671b49907fa71b39e.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

firedfly

Reaction score
Do you have the link to the other thread?

Reaction score
Here is the current engine breakdown for those interested.

3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
2491​
3.6L V6 VVT
946​
5.7L V8 HEMI
43953​
6.2L SRT V8 HEMI
4592​
I'm surprised by how few diesel's. What gives? Am I the only diesel head here 😅

Users who are viewing this thread