5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Silverado’s new interior unveiled

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love the new interior, but the exterior of recent full-size chevys has a look that could make a train take a dirt road.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well it's MUCH better there is no denying that. But not WOW better. The Ram Rebel to me was WOW better when I got in one. I'm not a fan of all digital clusters but seems they will be forced on us all eventually. I do like that they keep the wipers and lights on separate arms. I had to actually open the owners manual to figure out how to simple swipe the wipers in the Ram. LOL! Cup holder placement still not setup as well as the Ram especially with the shifter. Folks will definitely appreciate the much needed changes.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This new interior is a step up, but why would anyone want a 13 inch landscaped screen? Your passenger is gonna have to control the right side of that screen🤦🏻‍♂️. Not very well designed ergonomically.
Also, That is one busy *** looking dash!

When I began my search for a new truck, I was looking at a 21 Colorado ZR2, Diesel engine, fully loaded. 2 things that made me walk away was:

Price-at 52k locally, I could get a full size for same or less.

Interior-it was unimpressive. It felt like I was sitting in a rental truck.

RAM interiors are by far the nicest in the truck market.
My 21 Bighorn is pretty well equipped, minus the sunroof. But then, I never had a vehicle with a sunroof, so no loss. Had “leather” in my 04 Laramie, loved it, but wasn’t a necessity. My 2015 Promaster City has premium cloth interior, so transitioning between my van and truck is like sitting on the same material. Plus, have gotten many compliments on the Mountain Brown and Black interior. It is quite a different look for me and I love it.
I think the only thing I dislike about the interior is the dial shifter. That feature took some getting used to.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This new interior is a step up, but why would anyone want a 13 inch landscaped screen? Your passenger is gonna have to control the right side of that screen🤦🏻‍♂️. Not very well designed ergonomically.
Also, That is one busy *** looking dash!

When I began my search for a new truck, I was looking at a 21 Colorado ZR2, Diesel engine, fully loaded. 2 things that made me walk away was:

Price-at 52k locally, I could get a full size for same or less.

Interior-it was unimpressive. It felt like I was sitting in a rental truck.

RAM interiors are by far the nicest in the truck market.
My 21 Bighorn is pretty well equipped, minus the sunroof. But then, I never had a vehicle with a sunroof, so no loss. Had “leather” in my 04 Laramie, loved it, but wasn’t a necessity. My 2015 Promaster City has premium cloth interior, so transitioning between my van and truck is like sitting on the same material. Plus, have gotten many compliments on the Mountain Brown and Black interior. It is quite a different look for me and I love it.
I think the only thing I dislike about the interior is the dial shifter. That feature took some getting used to.
Your comment about it being a “busy” dash is a little ironic, given that the only knock on our new Ram interiors has been their “busy-ness”!

I can only imagine how much GM had to spend to pull off this emergency redesign…

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About time they came out with an interior that can compete with Ram. I personally really like their new interior. I think I prefer it over Fords. The only reason I still prefer the Ram interior is because I really like our vertical 12" display vs their horizontal.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lets see, the Silverado Trail Boss is actually a good looking truck, lots of good powertrain options and now with an interior to match.

Factor in the number one rated dealership service in the industry, Chevy will have everything covered for 2022.

Luckily for RAM, it's only a few years away from full electric trucks becoming mainstream for most of the major manufacturers. I will likely keep my truck until the next gen comes out and/or EVs.

Zig10

Reaction score
If the GM marketing/design teams had any sense, they'd drop that 2.7 turbo into a hybrid Silverado and go head to head with the F-150 hybrid. It'll be a decade+ before battery technology allows anyone that tows distances to convert to a full electric powertrain.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score

Give me a 2021 Chevrolet Silverado built exactly like this one from the early 80’s - but with a crew cab configuration and three on the tree - and I’d consider it. Low tech, simple, classic and much easier to maintain than these super computers on wheels we all drive now.
Ask and you shall receive….. 😉

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive….. 😉

My only critique with that is the rake of the windshield doesn't gel with the tall front hood line. I think they would have knocked it out of the park if they would have sloped the front of the hood to match the slant of the windshield. Otherwise that looks amazing to me.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the digital cluster in my S4 and it's cool, at first. I got a kick out of Google earth maps being full screen in the cluster, and all the different setups it could do. After that wore off, I leave the Tach/Speedo in the center, radio station on the left, and performance info on the right and never change it. So while cool, it wears off quickly. I do like the rest of the interior, which is something I've never said about a GM product before.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm driving a 22 LT Trail Boss right now, my brother let me borrow it while he takes my Challenger in to fix a leaking steering rack. The digital cluster is nice high resolution but its not nearly as customizable as what Jeep has currently nor can you get any sort of fuel economy display other than average MPG. The radio screen is absolutely massive with excellent resolution, has google built in including maps and I love the size of CarPlay on it and its still within reach of the driver, the passenger portion has useless widgets so not really a huge deal IMO. Their wireless charging solution is miles better than Ram's, phone sits in a pocket right below the center arm rest/console. Ride is ok for what is essentially a Rebel competitor, equipment wise it has Bose sound, ACC, heated seats and steering wheel, spray in liner....I'd say it most equally compares to a L2 Big Horn. Its not a bad truck but for the money and exterior looks the Ram is a better value.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Chevy interiors are horrible. Even the upgrade sucks. This is coming from a long time Chevy guy. I owned 5 new ones over the years.

After test driving my first Laramie in 2013 I was immediately a RAM owner. I spend a lot of time in a truck so interiors matter. RAM’s have the best in the business by FAR.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chevy interiors are horrible. Even the upgrade sucks. This is coming from a long time Chevy guy. I owned 5 new ones over the years.

After test driving my first Laramie in 2013 I was immediately a RAM owner. I spend a lot of time in a truck so interiors matter. RAM’s have the best in the business by FAR.
04DF9AD7-F24A-4026-8BBE-CB3656A336EF.jpeg
While I also prefer Ram’s interior this doesn’t suck by any stretch of the imagination. Having owned a L2 Bighorn Night edition and a Laramie L1 Sport this interior on an LT is just as good material wise as the Bighorn and even a Laramie minus the leather. Chevy has a better wireless charging solution, the landscape infotainment screen makes more sense than the vertical to me and from what I can tell the fit and finish are quite good in this particular truck. Exterior wise it’s ugly as sin, especially the front. This one has the 5.3 and 10 speed, the 5.3 is a dog but the 10 speed is extremely smooth(better than any F150
I’ve driven with the same transmission). Ram would still be my choice but I’d consider a Sierra (better exterior looks) with the new interior and Super Cruise. Ram needs to knock it out of the park with the mid cycle refresh if they want to maintain their lead.

Users who are viewing this thread