5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Silverado’s new interior unveiled

NHjake98

Reaction score
Someone at GM 'LOVES" square shapes Everywhere you look, exterior and interior there are squares of different shapes and sizes. Even the wheel wells are square. Not pleasing to my eye for sure. I like all the rounded smooth edges exterior and interior of my rebel. I may be a bit biased but this comes form someone who owned an F-150 for 15 years and looked at everything out there before I purchased my Ram. It was just so pleasing to my eyes, inside and out!...IMO

U

User_3336

Someone at GM 'LOVES" square shapes Everywhere you look, exterior and interior there are squares of different shapes and sizes. Even the wheel wells are square. Not pleasing to my eye for sure. I like all the rounded smooth edges exterior and interior of my rebel. I may be a bit biased but this comes form someone who owned an F-150 for 15 years and looked at everything out there before I purchased my Ram. It was just so pleasing to my eyes, inside and out!...IMO
Not sure when the last time you looked, but these wheel wells look pretty round to me and "not square" on this '21. I'm sure they didn't change it for any new MY.
silv.jpg

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering the current trucks interior looks like it was built in the 90’s it’s a big improvement. The light on the steering wheel and the wood grain are kind of ridiculous though

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm actually most impressed with the change to the 2.7 turbo. I'm still a fan of a big N/A v8, and on a good/premium trim that's what I want. However if I wanted to just get some entry level truck, the 2.7 is the best base engine you can get now in a half ton. 420 lb/ft of torque, which is more than our 5.7 hemi, and it comes in lower on the RPM. Willing to bet that engine is killer (again, base trims, I won't pay extra for a good engine and still get stuck with turbos).

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it as well. I think that they made big strides to make that interior better. That zr2 model looks insane and would definitely tempt me to switch over.

Here are some really big things to consider:

- show me some lower trim models and interiors
- not a big fan of them “arrows” on the front grill. Please get rid of them
- Ram seriously need to bring out their turbo inline 6 engine. Keep the hemi (come on…you can squeeze out over 400hp, or even 410hp out of it a upgraded cold air intake and a tune can do it), but add more engines options
- they get us excited, but really when will it be available to physically buy at the lot? It won’t be in 2022.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like it as well. I think that they made big strides to make that interior better. That zr2 model looks insane and would definitely tempt me to switch over.

Lower trim interiors are unchanged, LT and above get the new interiors.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

- not a big fan of them “arrows” on the front grill. Please get rid of them
- Ram seriously need to bring out their turbo inline 6 engine. Keep the hemi (come on…you can squeeze out over 400hp, or even 410hp out of it a upgraded cold air intake and a tune can do it), but add more engines options
- they get us excited, but really when will it be available to physically buy at the lot? It won’t be in 2022.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

It's not surprising you like it more than yours. Aren't you currently driving a Big Horn? Big Horn's can be optioned pretty well but they're not on par with the interior in a top of the line model. As someone who owns a Limited the new Chevy interior isn't impressing me, and doesn't appear to be any nicer than my truck. I honestly expected more from them with the redesign. I can't make a fair comparison without actually sitting in one, but if I were choosing a new top of the line truck right now I wouldn't wait for the chevy based on the photos alone.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The interior is a big step forward for Chevy, I still prefer the Rams interior but they brought the interior they should have brought 3 years ago.

pensfan

Reaction score
I guess if you don't want the console shifter, you get the old fashioned column shifter. I think the Suburban and Tahoe use push buttons.
I still think the Knob is the best of all the options. Simple to use and takes minimal space.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not surprising you like it more than yours. Aren't you currently driving a Big Horn? Big Horn's can be optioned pretty well but they're not on par with the interior in a top of the line model. As someone who owns a Limited the new Chevy interior isn't impressing me, and doesn't appear to be any nicer than my truck. I honestly expected more from them with the redesign. I can't make a fair comparison without actually sitting in one, but if I were choosing a new top of the line truck right now I wouldn't wait for the chevy based on the photos alone.

I came from a 2020 Laramie with the 8.4. Beautiful truck, but I got really good value for “trading it” in for a 2022 big horn back country order.

Interesting enough my 2022 big horn back country order consist of the 12” screen, and pano roof.

So far, they are only showing us the top trim levels, so I want to see something in the lower trims.

I’m still ranking them in this order at this point:

1. Ram (interior and luxury)
1a. Ford ( payload, towing, engine choices)
2. GMC (I think the slight changes on the Sierra are better, even though its all General Motors product)
3. Chevy (zr2 and those front/rear lockers)

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add, as strange as I am, I'm not a big fan of the luxury stuff, like leather seats, led headlights,vented seats, re lining rear seats...all stuff I had on my 2020 laramie. Trust in in saying that all of those features are really nice to have, but not on my " must have" list.

When I placed my order for my 2022 ram back country, I was seriously thinking rebel, but at the time of my order, my must have was the rambox, and pano roof. I was not interested in the leather seats, tech group, advanced safety group, heads up display, or even the 12" screen ( but I ended up with that one). When I priced out my rambox and pano roof, the level 2(b) group added an extra $1500 to the price of the truck. Plus, rebates are better on the bighorn than in any other group.

But thats just me. If someone offered me a limited, with all the bells and whistle, and in my price range, I would jump all over it.

Chevy is slowly catching up with the interior. And their trailboss is a really good truck, but im a ram guy threw and threw.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Improvement but not a fan. I don't understand these horizontal screens that make it hard for the driver to reach?
Yeah...I can see reaching to the far right would be leaning over. Don't think you want a driver doing that.

2 things about those center dash screens that are a complete turn off for me..

1. ones that Tilt inwards on the far right. That is the only real issue I have with my charger.

2. Ones that the screen pops out on the top and sides...like it looks like someone jammed a tablet in there( tesla style). I like it when it's all flush and integrated into the dash...not sticking out in any way. I think some of those photos show it sticking out at the top. One good yank or push, and it breaks.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it...first time I’d even consider the GM.
i like the landscape center screen (and despise those portrait versions that stick up way past the dash).
i also like the console shifter. Less space in the center console, but mine has too much junk in it anyway.
now if it rides well and had a barn door style MFT, then it would be an option for my next pickup...

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
now if it rides well and had a barn door style MFT, then it would be an option for my next pickup...

The ride will improve. Toyota is moving to coil springs just like Ram, Ford's newest Raptor is now on coil springs. Just a matter of time before GMC and others follow suite.

The MFT, though, is a FCA trademarked thing.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ride will improve. Toyota is moving to coil springs just like Ram, Ford's newest Raptor is now on coil springs. Just a matter of time before GMC and others follow suite.

The MFT, though, is a FCA trademarked thing.
The move to coils seems to surprise me. It definitely puts a hit on towing numbers, but at the same time, guess no one is really pulling near those maxes in a half ton truck.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Look, i love my limited, sure, but there’s a lot to like here too. That looks like real wood to me, I like the physical climate control buttons and the general layout. The pictured truck looks like it’s got lockers front and rear, a rear entertainment center, and super-cruise, which is awesome… not really an interior thing. Gonna go hunting for pics of the rear seats.

I don’t like the console shifter; every time I see a shifter in the console I think “what a waste of space”, but that aside, I think it’s a great looking interior. Glad to see Chevy stepping it up and I think this puts them at least on par with Ford.
I agree. I've always been a Chevy guy and they are always lacking technology and up-to-date interior. I'd honestly say if I didn't have my 2021 Laramie I bought last year, I would definitely take a look at the new silverado. Plus they have a Silverado ZR2 coming.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The move to coils seems to surprise me. It definitely puts a hit on towing numbers, but at the same time, guess no one is really pulling near those maxes in a half ton truck.
F-150 has hit the end of line of the Class IV hitch with its 1,400 lbs tongue weight rating. (14,000 lbs towing). Anymore weight will need a Class V

Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt they will start putting a Class V hitch on a 1/2 ton.

Users who are viewing this thread