5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

2022 Silverado’s new interior unveiled

Trippi

Reaction score
Well it's MUCH better there is no denying that. But not WOW better. The Ram Rebel to me was WOW better when I got in one. I'm not a fan of all digital clusters but seems they will be forced on us all eventually. I do like that they keep the wipers and lights on separate arms. I had to actually open the owners manual to figure out how to simple swipe the wipers in the Ram. LOL! Cup holder placement still not setup as well as the Ram especially with the shifter. Folks will definitely appreciate the much needed changes.

MikeyHo808

Reaction score
This new interior is a step up, but why would anyone want a 13 inch landscaped screen? Your passenger is gonna have to control the right side of that screen🤦🏻‍♂️. Not very well designed ergonomically.
Also, That is one busy *** looking dash!

When I began my search for a new truck, I was looking at a 21 Colorado ZR2, Diesel engine, fully loaded. 2 things that made me walk away was:

Price-at 52k locally, I could get a full size for same or less.

Interior-it was unimpressive. It felt like I was sitting in a rental truck.

RAM interiors are by far the nicest in the truck market.
My 21 Bighorn is pretty well equipped, minus the sunroof. But then, I never had a vehicle with a sunroof, so no loss. Had “leather” in my 04 Laramie, loved it, but wasn’t a necessity. My 2015 Promaster City has premium cloth interior, so transitioning between my van and truck is like sitting on the same material. Plus, have gotten many compliments on the Mountain Brown and Black interior. It is quite a different look for me and I love it.
I think the only thing I dislike about the interior is the dial shifter. That feature took some getting used to.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This new interior is a step up, but why would anyone want a 13 inch landscaped screen? Your passenger is gonna have to control the right side of that screen🤦🏻‍♂️. Not very well designed ergonomically.
Also, That is one busy *** looking dash!

When I began my search for a new truck, I was looking at a 21 Colorado ZR2, Diesel engine, fully loaded. 2 things that made me walk away was:

Price-at 52k locally, I could get a full size for same or less.

Interior-it was unimpressive. It felt like I was sitting in a rental truck.

RAM interiors are by far the nicest in the truck market.
My 21 Bighorn is pretty well equipped, minus the sunroof. But then, I never had a vehicle with a sunroof, so no loss. Had “leather” in my 04 Laramie, loved it, but wasn’t a necessity. My 2015 Promaster City has premium cloth interior, so transitioning between my van and truck is like sitting on the same material. Plus, have gotten many compliments on the Mountain Brown and Black interior. It is quite a different look for me and I love it.
I think the only thing I dislike about the interior is the dial shifter. That feature took some getting used to.
Your comment about it being a “busy” dash is a little ironic, given that the only knock on our new Ram interiors has been their “busy-ness”!

I can only imagine how much GM had to spend to pull off this emergency redesign…

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About time they came out with an interior that can compete with Ram. I personally really like their new interior. I think I prefer it over Fords. The only reason I still prefer the Ram interior is because I really like our vertical 12" display vs their horizontal.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lets see, the Silverado Trail Boss is actually a good looking truck, lots of good powertrain options and now with an interior to match.

Factor in the number one rated dealership service in the industry, Chevy will have everything covered for 2022.

Luckily for RAM, it's only a few years away from full electric trucks becoming mainstream for most of the major manufacturers. I will likely keep my truck until the next gen comes out and/or EVs.

Zig10

Reaction score
If the GM marketing/design teams had any sense, they'd drop that 2.7 turbo into a hybrid Silverado and go head to head with the F-150 hybrid. It'll be a decade+ before battery technology allows anyone that tows distances to convert to a full electric powertrain.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score

Give me a 2021 Chevrolet Silverado built exactly like this one from the early 80’s - but with a crew cab configuration and three on the tree - and I’d consider it. Low tech, simple, classic and much easier to maintain than these super computers on wheels we all drive now.
Ask and you shall receive….. 😉

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive….. 😉

My only critique with that is the rake of the windshield doesn't gel with the tall front hood line. I think they would have knocked it out of the park if they would have sloped the front of the hood to match the slant of the windshield. Otherwise that looks amazing to me.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the digital cluster in my S4 and it's cool, at first. I got a kick out of Google earth maps being full screen in the cluster, and all the different setups it could do. After that wore off, I leave the Tach/Speedo in the center, radio station on the left, and performance info on the right and never change it. So while cool, it wears off quickly. I do like the rest of the interior, which is something I've never said about a GM product before.

Users who are viewing this thread