5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel with loose steering - tie rod busted?

whalesalad

Reaction score
My 2022 Rebel is a sweet truck. I love it so much, huge upgrade from my F-150 Lariat. I only have about 3,000 miles on the odometer, but recently I have started to notice the steering wheel won't center, road crowns pull me around a lot more than usual, and I am feeling a ton of feedback in the steering wheel. Something just feels "off".

While doing my oil change the other day, I realized that the driver side tie rod endlink looks like it might have failed. There is a ton of oily/dirty residue all around the area where it is mounted to the upright/knuckle.

Here is a video of my truck side-by-side with my gym coach's Laramie. He has a lot more miles and use on his truck, and it feels solid here. I can hardly jiggle his wheel with my hands, but my Rebel wheel is wiggling all over the place.

I've got a dealer appointment for June 30th (first available unfortunately) but until then I was wondering if y'all had experienced any of these issues? I am not too worried about it, just hope the dealership finds the issue and fixes it right without the "it is within spec" excuse.

Attachments

• tie-rod.jpg
    tie-rod.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread