5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel Low Differential Fluid

cervelo15

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in quick to note that these diffs arent exactly checked the same as older units. The actual procedure involves a 2 inch zip tie or wire bent at 90 degrees and measure level from fill hole. Spec varies between our models and the TRX but none should be level with the fill holes.

Obviously sounds like OP truck was under filled and caused damage, but just want people to be aware that it also shouldn’t be running out of the holes like older models.
In older, you mean 4th gen and older? The videos I saw for 5th gen non TRXs looked like the fluid was coming out of the fill plug when removed.

I will say, it drives much better since I changed the fluid. Sure, it might be the difference in synthetic vs non synthetic but I feel making sure it was filled up level with the fill plug might have had something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread