5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel blown engine

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've just rolled 110,000 on my '21 BTS eTorque 4WD. I've done all my own oil changes and maintenance. The dealer has only seen my truck once, 3 months after new for complimentary oil change. I checked over the engine afterwards, I swore it wouldn't see the dealership again, AMSOIL every oil change since then. I always put top end cleaner additive ever few thousand miles and fuel injector cleaner every other fill up. That ethanol will wreak havoc on engines, unless you find a pump that serves up ethanol free gas (MURPHY USA). Do your own maintenance if your able.
Modern engines are designed for ethanol. It won't cause any added issues. As long as you are running top tier fuel and switch brands every now jow and then(different detergent packages). Do I prefer ethanol free? Certainly, but that's only because it gives better performance and fuel mileage.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was just curious if they were built in different plants Like the pentastars are... but it looks like both are built at the Santillo plant.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was just curious if they were built in different plants Like the pentastars are... but it looks like both are built at the Santillo plant.
No one has tried it yet, but i'm pretty sure you can convert an eTorque to a regular alternator.
Would require the right parts, and a flash of firmware or 2 but I think the inners of the engine are the same.
We will find out in another 7-10 years as these batteries die and people don't want to spend $2k for a battery (yes I know they are cheaper now) of $1k for a generator (alternator)

Users who are viewing this thread