5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM Recall for 5.7 HEMI eTorque Autostart

New_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
I just checked the RAM app on my phone and I see that there is a recall campaign that was dated just yesterday. The title is '2022 DT WS ETorque Autostart'. It's a Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) Update that I'm guessing would address a number of the eTorque stalling issues listed in the forums. Looks like something I'll have done at my first oil change around 5k miles (have 3800 on it now).

Thought you guys might find that interesting.

Cheers ......

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's a Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) Update that I'm guessing would address a number of the eTorque stalling issues listed in the forums.
Hmmm...I wonder. Most of the stalling issues I've read about have been happening on '21 models. People with '22 models have been complaining more about the engine shutting off before actually coming to a complete stop. And then surging forward on restart.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great news. Hopefully mine gets taken care of before delivery. First thing I’ll ask when my dealer gets it.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I brought my in to the dealer for a trailer brake controller install I was complaining about the eTorque surging. She said there was a non recall hybrid programming update that they said they would try and see if that fixed my issue. It didn't. Wonder if it is the same as this one?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If it’s only for the 22. It’s probably a fix for those whose new etorques have issues when you hit the tow haul button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lbreggi

Reaction score
just checked mine 2022 (just got a month ago) and so far nothing has showed up. i will keep a look. thanks for the heads up!

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
My 2020only stalled once in traffic never did it again since. But I usually do turn it off maybe that’s why

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just checked the RAM app on my phone and I see that there is a recall campaign that was dated just yesterday. The title is '2022 DT WS ETorque Autostart'. It's a Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) Update that I'm guessing would address a number of the eTorque stalling issues listed in the forums. Looks like something I'll have done at my first oil change around 5k miles (have 3800 on it now).

Thought you guys might find that interesting.

Cheers ......
I just checked my app and it shows the HCP recall as a, ahem, "customer satisfaction recall".

In other words, it's a feature, not a bug. We're only fixing this because you complained about how we initially programmed it.

Tinshield

Reaction score
I just checked my app and it shows the HCP recall as a, ahem, "customer satisfaction recall".

In other words, it's a feature, not a bug. We're only fixing this because you complained about how we initially programmed it.
They won’t call it a safety recall unless NHTSA makes them.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Mine popped up today as well. I haven't had an issue but curious to see what (if anything) the update does. More concerned with them figuring out what happened with my trailer tire pressure sensor system error popping up every time I start the truck since I brought it for an oil change and tire rotation.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s only for the 22. It’s probably a fix for those whose new etorques have issues when you hit the tow haul button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on the service done on my truck Monday, I think this is probably correct.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Had the recall done on Friday and the dealer confirmed it is supposed to fix the shut off during low speed driving. My mom's Wagoneer has the same recall and it's going in this week. Hopefully this resolves the issue.

tomme12

Reaction score
Had my 2022 Rebel etorque software fixed applied this morning. I pulled back in my garage and it didnt shut off and then surge forward like it normally did.... so thats a positive start. We'll drive some more and see how it goes.

Tinshield

Reaction score
Got mine done today. Only driven a short distance but there's some behavior change it seems. Doesn't appear it shuts off as aggressively prior to actually stopping and it doesn't seem to creep forward as much when letting off the brake without actually hitting the gas. I'll need a little more time to see.

Tinshield

Reaction score
Seems like the truck is more solid on the start/stop now. Hasn’t stumbled or done anything weird at all. Doesn’t seem to turn off prior to stopping much at all now or at least not as aggressively.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Seems like the truck is more solid on the start/stop now. Hasn’t stumbled or done anything weird at all. Doesn’t seem to turn off prior to stopping much at all now or at least not as aggressively.
Yeah I noticed mine was smoother after the update as well. I'm much less worried about being stranded now.

Users who are viewing this thread