5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Laramie FOB and Starting Problem

Tfarr1260

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having an issue with my 2022 Ram Laramie. I was driving it when it started to ding and tell me that the towing was off, the 4 wheel drive needed servicing and that the tmps needed to be checked. I did not have any issues until this. Truck has 40,000 miles on it. I pulled over and turned off the truck, waited about a minute and restarted it. Only the check engine light stayed on, but no other alarms, etc. Drove it home and tried to shut it off, but it would not shut down. I YouTubed it and found a relay in the engine fuse box that, when pulled out, shut off the engine. I was then able to start and shut off the truck without issue. The next day I drove the truck around town and all was fine. I set up an appointment at the dealer to get it checked out, but when I went to bring it in, the FOB would not open the locks. I manually opened the doors with the physical key and the alarm on the truck went off. I hopped in the truck and it said to push on the brake and start the truck, which I did, but nothing happened. I cannot start the truck and it just alarms when I open the doors. I took the battery out and had it checked. It was a little low, but checked out fine. I recharged the battery and the same problem occurred. I cannot start the truck and the FOBs do nothing. I also tried my UConnect app and I still cannot do anything with the truck. Do I need to reset the alarm? Is there any way to get the truck to start. At this point it looks like I will need to have the truck towed to the dealership. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Thom

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are the stored codes?

Tfarr1260

Reaction score
I do not have them. I don't have an OBD decoder. If I need to I can go get one. It wouldn't hurt at this point.

Tfarr1260

Reaction score
To help those that have this problem: The truck had to be towed to the dealer where they found a bad RF Hub. Because the RFH handles the FOB and alarm & anti theft systems, the truck was electronically locked and the neutral manual cord would not unlock it. Hopefully get the truck back today.

Attachments

• Truck 1.jpg
    Truck 1.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 11

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

We regret to see that you're having these concerns with your truck. If you're thinking of having this looked at by your dealer, let us know. We're available via direct message and can help with this process.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread