5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram GT - Rebel or Laramie Dyno?

GTRam

Reaction score
Do you know of anyone who has run their 2022 GT model on a dyno, results?

Bigteeze

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see this as well. Although, I doubt they have much more power than non-GT models.

GTRam

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see this as well. Although, I doubt they have much more power than non-GT models.
Agreed, because I wonder/doubt if the PCM has been been tuned to take any advantage of the intake and exhaust upgrades.
Need a baseline run to understand what a tuner, like Diablo, etc, could do....................

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Short of running one on a Dyno, there is a Dyno section in the performance pages on a GT. I keep thinking I'm going to run mine and see what the performance pages say

HemiDude

Reaction score
Need a baseline run to understand what a tuner, like Diablo, etc, could do....................
I know my 20 Big Horn with a pulsar was quicker than my 22 GT with a pulsar, so I'm pretty sure whatever performance gains might exist, are offset by the added weight of the GT

GTRam

Reaction score
I know my 20 Big Horn with a pulsar was quicker than my 22 GT with a pulsar, so I'm pretty sure whatever performance gains might exist, are offset by the added weight of the GT
Point well made about weight, should be good apples to apples comparison with pulsar. Although not available yet for 22, wonder if a Diablo unlock PCM with GT tuned map could do better?

HemiDude

Reaction score
And unlocked PCM with a good tune will certainly help. As good as my GT sounds, I really do wish Ram had given it a little more punch, to live up to the GT moniker

GTRam

Reaction score
can any GT owners share their performance page dyno results?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Rams don’t like dynos. The trans always shifts. No way to stop that from happening. The truck no matter what will protect itself from over revving etc.. lots of YouTube videos of people pulling fuses and trying everything but it still shifts

BowDown

Reaction score
Rams don’t like dynos. The trans always shifts. No way to stop that from happening. The truck no matter what will protect itself from over revving etc.. lots of YouTube videos of people pulling fuses and trying everything but it still shifts

Should dyno no different that Hellcats or TRX's
They may need to go to a different shop

jives

Reaction score
can any GT owners share their performance page dyno results?
I can although I'm not sure you're going to find it that useful. Will grab some next time I'm on a road where I can really get on it.

jives

Reaction score
Here’s one I took a picture of when I was messing with it earlier today but not that exciting
3861C882-7578-4305-B190-00BC4A0D0843.jpeg

GTRam

Reaction score
Here a couple pictures of two different runs today, need someone else in Truck to take better picture of shifting.....looks like 5th gear peaked around 360-370 hp. Have no idea of accuracy.
IMG_4383.jpeg
IMG_4399.jpeg

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Should dyno no different that Hellcats or TRX's
They may need to go to a different shop
I wouldn’t waste my money dynoing a ram truck lol. Just going off whatever people on this group have said and a dozen YouTube videos at high quality big shops.. hellcat is nothing like the truck lol. Completely different programming and parts so not sure why that would be a comparison lol. It’s like comparing a ZL1 Camaro and a Trail boss truck lol.

BowDown

Reaction score
I wouldn’t waste my money dynoing a ram truck lol. Just going off whatever people on this group have said and a dozen YouTube videos at high quality big shops.. hellcat is nothing like the truck lol. Completely different programming and parts so not sure why that would be a comparison lol. It’s like comparing a ZL1 Camaro and a Trail boss truck lol.

I didn't say to waste money dyoning these trucks, I said it would dyno no differently than any other FCA car which has the same PCM (different tunning) and stronger version of the same trans.
You dont understand the comparison, thats you. Wonder why the TRX can dyno with the same PCM and a stronger trans? Oh, it has the dyno ready trans, thats it :rolleyes:.

The only issue with the ram is the speed limiter and the fact that the 1:1 gear is 6th which means the truck would need to turn the tires well past the factory speed limiter to dyno it.
The ram needs a tuned or unlocked PCM to correctly dyno, period. Otherwise you'll get erratic responses from both the truck and the dyno. The people that had issues didn't have the speed limiter removed

Superchips managed to do it
  • Manage features including speed limiter control, fan temperatures, and tire size
  • *Note that these tuning products will require a PCM swap. PN 3545-S1 does not require PCM swap, but only offers tire and gear options
ETQ.jpg

Last edited:

GTRam

Reaction score
Forgot about the timer display.........0-60 mph = 7.1 secs / 1/4 mile = 16 secs @ 89 mph

Any other GT's posting their results?

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpeg
    IMG_4401.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 37

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I didn't say to waste money dyoning these trucks, I said it would dyno no differently than any other FCA car which has the same PCM (different tunning) and stronger version of the same trans.
You dont understand the comparison, thats you. Wonder why the TRX can dyno with the same PCM and a stronger trans? Oh, it has the dyno ready trans, thats it :rolleyes:.

The only issue with the ram is the speed limiter and the fact that the 1:1 gear is 6th which means the truck would need to turn the tires well past the factory speed limiter to dyno it.
The ram needs a tuned or unlocked PCM to correctly dyno, period. Otherwise you'll get erratic responses from both the truck and the dyno. The people that had issues didn't have the speed limiter removed

Superchips managed to do it
  • Manage features including speed limiter control, fan temperatures, and tire size
  • *Note that these tuning products will require a PCM swap. PN 3545-S1 does not require PCM swap, but only offers tire and gear options
ETQ.jpg
Dude I am talking about a stock truck dyno.. of course a tuned truck will dyno fine. A stock truck hits limiters and shifts.. or hits the limiter and you don’t get accurate numbers to compare stock to whatever mods your installing. It doesn’t matter anyways I was just saying these trucks don’t dyno stock very good. Because of stock settings.

GTRam

Reaction score
Dude I am talking about a stock truck dyno.. of course a tuned truck will dyno fine. A stock truck hits limiters and shifts.. or hits the limiter and you don’t get accurate numbers to compare stock to whatever mods your installing. It doesn’t matter anyways I was just saying these trucks don’t dyno stock very good. Because of stock settings.

GTRam

Reaction score
I understand there are postings on the internet discussing dyno testing issues with Rams.

But I was interested in seeing other GT owner results using the embedded performance pages in uconnect 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/