5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram getting available 360 degree Trailer View camera system

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. My dad might jump in early and get a 2022 because of this.

Any other news on 2022MY, such as UConnect5 or maybe some safety features?

Quick question: salesman said that 2021 have wireless carplay/android auto. I don't think that is the case. Anyone confirm either way?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. My dad might jump in early and get a 2022 because of this.

Any other news on 2022MY, such as UConnect5 or maybe some safety features?

Quick question: salesman said that 2021 have wireless carplay/android auto. I don't think that is the case. Anyone confirm either way?
2021 does not have wireless CarPlay or android auto.

Speculation: based on the screenshot of the 360 camera, 2022 will not have UConnect 5.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this can be retrofit to the 2021s?I just placed my order on Friday, but would really love this feature for towing.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this can be retrofit to the 2021s?I just placed my order on Friday, but would really love this feature for towing.
Probably won’t know until someone gets their hands on the kit in a few months. Seems like a simple plug and play, probably some AlphaOBD work too

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I doubt it would be an easy retrofit since the advertisement states "Option must be ordered at vehicle build". This tells me it's not plug and play. Otherwise it might just be sold as an accessory.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it would be an easy retrofit since the advertisement states "Option must be ordered at vehicle build". This tells me it's not plug and play. Otherwise it might just be sold as an accessory.
That’s what FCA says about all features that we’ve added after the fact. The kit is easy enough. Prepping the wiring on the truck side should be straight forward, too. It’ll have the 12 pin trailer plug on the bumper that will carry the canbus IHS wires to the star junction block, and power and ground for the CVPM. Then the three camera wires will go to the radio- presumably pins 21, 22, and 23 on the big radio connector. There will probably be a few more settings in AlfaOBD that aren’t there yet, besides VehConfig 8 Aux Trailer Camera Present. Cabin Net Video Routing Module might be one of them.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s what FCA says about all features that we’ve added after the fact. The kit is easy enough. Prepping the wiring on the truck side should be straight forward, too. It’ll have the 12 pin trailer plug on the bumper that will carry the canbus IHS wires to the star junction block, and power and ground for the CVPM. Then the three camera wires will go to the radio- presumably pins 21, 22, and 23 on the big radio connector. There will probably be a few more settings in AlfaOBD that aren’t there yet, besides VehConfig 8 Aux Trailer Camera Present. Cabin Net Video Routing Module might be one of them.
Hahaha...I never said it couldn't be done. I said I doubt it would be an easy retrofit and likely wouldn't be plug and play, and you pretty much confirmed that in your response. It may be easy for someone who is familiar with the inner workings of that technology, but that's not the case for a lot of us (definitely not for me). I'm all for adding things to my truck that FCA would rather sell me a new truck to get (33 gallon tank, MFT, 360 surround view to name a few). Mechanically I can do pretty much anything on my truck. It's the new electronic and computer controlled tech that have me baffled. I didn't mean to imply that it couldn't be added.

Bubbagump1

Reaction score
Just picked up the 2022 with the 360 trailer camera this week. It doesn't appear to be as easy as plug and play. Guess I'm just going to have to put in some effort and make this thing work with our trailer. The 2022 does have UConnect5 and I can't find any thing to complain about with it.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Just picked up the 2022 with the 360 trailer camera this week. It doesn't appear to be as easy as plug and play. Guess I'm just going to have to put in some effort and make this thing work with our trailer. The 2022 does have UConnect5 and I can't find any thing to complain about with it.
I have a loaded 22 Limited on order but didn't have this trailer camera as an option, though I did get the trailer tow package. Does your window sticker have a special line for the camera system or is it just part of the tow package?

justjumpit

Reaction score
Hi! Did you get a trailer camera with the truck to install in your trailer or did you order them separately? My truck has the tow mode camera but I need to buy a camera to mount on the back of my trailer. I also have the wiring for 2 aux cameras but have no idea where to get the cameras.

mpls rocks

Reaction score
So is there a FCA rep that can be reached to clarify this. I see the Trailer surround view option (XN1) on the 2022 1500 Limited order pages (last item), but salesman told me its not available on the 1500 Longhorn? What gives? Some solid clarification would be appreciated.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So is there a FCA rep that can be reached to clarify this. I see the Trailer surround view option (XN1) on the 2022 1500 Limited order pages (last item), but salesman told me its not available on the 1500 Longhorn? What gives? Some solid clarification would be appreciated.
That’s because it currently isn’t an option available to order on the longhorn, only the limited.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
could you be a little more specific pleae? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Hi! Did you get a trailer camera with the truck to install in your trailer or did you order them separately? My truck has the tow mode camera but I need to buy a camera to mount on the back of my trailer. I also have the wiring for 2 aux cameras but have no idea where to get the cameras.
I’d also like to know if there is a 360 camera kit for the trailer. My UConnect has a page that shows the 360 cameras but my search has turned up nothing. I did find a two camera kit for heavy duty trucks but it says dual cameras but you have to order a second whole kit to get a second camera at $700+ per kit.
Mopar # 82216068AC

Camper1

Reaction score
These quotes, I get from the dealer to trailer camera for my 2023 Sport
1708090592383.png

Users who are viewing this thread