5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ram etorque owners.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I would like that. I'd probably disable it off more often than I already do if it shut off before you come to a complete stop. Seems more annoying that it already is. I'm just wondering why they would make that change.

Combine that with the trans already not shifting into 1st at those same slow rolling stops, double annoying. You'd get the jolt on the restart then another as the trans finally downshifts into the correct gear

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Fair enough, although I creep down my rough driveway at less than 5 mph. Especially when it's snowy. I'm sure I'd notice it shutting off under those conditions. There are other low speed driving situations that could be affected, mostly having to do with parking.
Idk if it would even kick on in your driveway, mine seems to not shut off until I go maybe 3-4 miles.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Fair enough, although I creep down my rough driveway at less than 5 mph. Especially when it's snowy. I'm sure I'd notice it shutting off under those conditions. There are other low speed driving situations that could be affected, mostly having to do with parking.
To be clear I think the 22’s have a positional sensor on the brake pedal…. I can still do a slow crawl at 1-3 mph with my foot lightly on the brake, it’s only when I’m looking to come to a stop by pushing the brake pedal further down that it’ll engage.

Burner_After

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but do you guys with 2022 hemi etorques have the hood badges that say "hemi eTorque" in blue or the standard "hemi" badges?

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but do you guys with 2022 hemi etorques have the hood badges that say "hemi eTorque" in blue or the standard "hemi" badges?
I’ve got the night edition so I have the sport hood…. It’s all black with the ’Etorque’ in blue…. I’m not a fan and will likely be changing it out.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
So what I've noticed is that the Etorque system doesn't turn on immediately. It will give you a message on the screen that will either say system not ready engine is too cold or system not ready cabin heating/cooling when you first start the truck. After about 5 miles or so the system will then be ready and will start functioning (provided you didn't remote start the car).

Tinshield

Reaction score
Just got a 22 so not many miles yet but the start/stop is much less intrusive than my wife’s BMW X3 M40i which she always turns off. So far I haven’t had the urge to disable it.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
I have the eTorque motor and noticed that it would turn off before coming to a complete stop but like other start/stop systems on FCA products, you can learn to modulate the brake pedal to avoid the motor shutting off if you want. I think it's pretty cool that it cuts off coming to a stop, you really don't feel it turn off but it does seem like you need to lift up on the brake more than I do on my wife's Grand Cherokee with stop/start. When you lift up on the brake, the truck definitely starts moving.

The_Dude

Reaction score
After having it for idk two weeks ish now, I have noticed that once in a while (if you're creeping slowly and then come to a stop) sometimes it doesn't seem to shut off but it doesn't happen often.
It depends how hard you push the brake pedal. I know if I don't push the pedal down hard all the way the engine doesn't shut off.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Combine that with the trans already not shifting into 1st at those same slow rolling stops, double annoying. You'd get the jolt on the restart then another as the trans finally downshifts into the correct gear
Just came across this thread and wanted to stop by to say I have noticed this jolt on restart. I made a post on it here. It is almost like a slit second lag or something when switching. Feels not nearly as seemless as previous years. Not terrible, but not what I had come to expect.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve got the night edition so I have the sport hood…. It’s all black with the ’Etorque’ in blue…. I’m not a fan and will likely be changing it out.
Did you change your blue badging? I am doing some vinyl overlays, but haven't found anyone who offers this specific iteration

jives

Reaction score
Same - if you end up doing this would love to see pics and part numbers

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
This is Mopar blue, yes? I'm looking at having my calipers/tow hooks painted to match.
How you getting it done? You doing it yourself or going to a shop? Been meaning to do my calipers myself, would have been a great weekend to do it, but wasn't sure I'd had everything to do an A+ job

Users who are viewing this thread