5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ram etorque owners.

Runagun

Reaction score
I guess the 2022 ram have version 2.0 of etorque. How you guys liking it? Notice better mpg?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't aware they came out with a version 2.0 of the etorque system. Do you have any information about this? I don't see any results to support this exists when I search for it.

Runagun

Reaction score
I wasn't aware they came out with a version 2.0 of the etorque system. Do you have any information about this? I don't see any results to support this exists when I search for it.
Trying to find the article. It was about on the new grand wagoneer. The new update shuts off the motor when coming to the stop light and increases the time the etorque motor spins before the battery gets depleted. While I don't think think there calling it a 2.0 update. It is a improvement over the old etorque. I assume they could do a soft where update to the old ones. But these companies only focus on the new models and forget the prior years.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Idk about any 2.0 version but it seems pretty smooth to me. You can kind of feel it kick back on a little bit but seems to work pretty well so far.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to find the article. It was about on the new grand wagoneer. The new update shuts off the motor when coming to the stop light and increases the time the etorque motor spins before the battery gets depleted. While I don't think think there calling it a 2.0 update. It is a improvement over the old etorque. I assume they could do a soft where update to the old ones. But these companies only focus on the new models and forget the prior years.
Seems like there wouldn't be much to improve on, at least from the driver's point of view. It's barely noticeable as it is, and the engine restarts before I've moved my foot from the brake to the gas pedal. The one thing that would make this system perfect for me is a back-up motor for the A/C compressor when the engine shuts down at a red light. It's not only the interior temperature change, but there is a slightly different odor and a change in humidity when the compressor shuts off with the engine. That's the most noticeable part of it to me. Although once I get my exhaust upgrade that will change LOL.

SCA

Reaction score
Well, my 2022 has eTorque and during the build they did not configure it for start/stop. So it seems I have the only eTorque in existence that came from the factory without start/stop.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
After having it for idk two weeks ish now, I have noticed that once in a while (if you're creeping slowly and then come to a stop) sometimes it doesn't seem to shut off but it doesn't happen often.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
21 eTorque here, that sounds nice! I wouldn't mind my engine stopping sooner and longer and generator doing more locomotion!

Bigbags85

Reaction score
21 eTorque here, that sounds nice! I wouldn't mind my engine stopping sooner and longer and generator doing more locomotion!
How does the 21 work? From what I can tell when slowing down my engine shuts off at like 2-3mph, does it not work like that on the 21s?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember mine ever shutting off before coming to a complete stop on my '21. It was the same on the '20 I had before this truck.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Yea, mine dont ever shut off before coming to a complete stop and then a sec or two. Under certain circumstances, if my foot is not firm on brake, it still wont shut off, until I remember to press down a lil harder.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I had etorque on my 2019 and now on my 2022…. This one definitely performs differently. I’ve noticed it does indeed shut off sooner than the previous version, as I’m coming to a stop and on the brake pedal the truck will shut off at about 3 mph and coast to a stop where it will remain off until I take my foot off the brake.

before I had to be at a complete stop for it to shut down….

sometimes it’s a bit of a hassle if I’m performing a ‘California stop’. Shuts down for less than a second and then kinda ‘surges’ back on. If I’m doing a lot of light stop and go’s I end up turning it off.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had etorque on my 2019 and now on my 2022…. This one definitely performs differently. I’ve noticed it does indeed shut off sooner than the previous version, as I’m coming to a stop and on the brake pedal the truck will shut off at about 3 mph and coast to a stop where it will remain off until I take my foot off the brake.

before I had to be at a complete stop for it to shut down….

sometimes it’s a bit of a hassle if I’m performing a ‘California stop’. Shuts down for less than a second and then kinda ‘surges’ back on. If I’m doing a lot of light stop and go’s I end up turning it off.
I'm not sure how I would like that. I'd probably disable it off more often than I already do if it shut off before you come to a complete stop. Seems more annoying that it already is. I'm just wondering why they would make that change.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I would like that. I'd probably disable it off more often than I already do if it shut off before you come to a complete stop. Seems more annoying that it already is. I'm just wondering why they would make that change.

I was thinking the very same when this was mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago. Double edge sword

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense for Stellantis. Arguably at the expense of the driving experience. At least it would be for me.
Seems to be one of those things that if you already didn't like the auto start/stop, you'll like it even less, but if it didn't bother you to begin with, you still won't really notice what it's doing.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be one of those things that if you already didn't like the auto start/stop, you'll like it even less, but if it didn't bother you to begin with, you still won't really notice what it's doing.
Fair enough, although I creep down my rough driveway at less than 5 mph. Especially when it's snowy. I'm sure I'd notice it shutting off under those conditions. There are other low speed driving situations that could be affected, mostly having to do with parking.

Users who are viewing this thread