5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram and less dust in cab

kirglynn

Reaction score
Hi I have had two 1500s, a 19 and a 20 and they both leak dust around the back doors very bad. On the Ram website it mentions a new filtration system and less dust. I am curious if this actually took care of the problem for gravel roads for any of you who have a 22 and frequently travel gravel. I really don't want to switch to another brand again but I can't have anything in the backseat without being caked in dust. Thanks in advance.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi I have had two 1500s, a 19 and a 20 and they both leak dust around the back doors very bad. On the Ram website it mentions a new filtration system and less dust. I am curious if this actually took care of the problem for gravel roads for any of you who have a 22 and frequently travel gravel. I really don't want to switch to another brand again but I can't have anything in the backseat without being caked in dust. Thanks in advance.
I’ve had Rams since 1996 and never had issues with dust in the cab. I remember the days when I had a 1984 Jimmy S15 with no air conditioning, traveling in gravel roads for many miles, dust inside everywhere.
I used to get a lot of dust in the bed of the truck, with the older generation DS Ram, and it had a tonneau cover, I put a seal around the tailgate and put clear tape at the hook openings.
I haven’t driven in a lot of gravel roads for long distances with my Rebel yet, but when I do, I make sure that I put the Air on recirculate, specially when following someone, that way I don’t suck the dust in the cab.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
No dust problems with my 21 Limited. That would be a deal breaker for me.
Tom

kirglynn

Reaction score
No dust problems with my 21 Limited. That would be a deal breaker for me.
Tom
Do you drive a lot of gravel? On my last one the service guy says it's hit or miss but the other 3 driven on gravel in my area all have troubles with it and one of the guys came from a Denali so wasn't impressed to say the least. It seems to me like the doors are just sealed poorly in the rear.

kirglynn

Reaction score
Do you drive a lot of gravel? On my last one the service guy says it's hit or miss but the other 3 driven on gravel in my area all have troubles with it and one of the guys came from a Denali so wasn't impressed to say the least. It seems to me like the doors are just sealed poorly in the rear.
I was just really hoping the 22s had solved the problem since there has been numerous complaints on this issue.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The new ram is the worst I’ve even seen from any vehicle! It was so bad my kids thought something was on fire inside the truck and all the windows were up! Also the rubber seal holds it all until you open the doors then all the dust goes into the cab wtf! I’ve never seen such a design flaw ever!!!

kirglynn

Reaction score
The new ram is the worst I’ve even seen from any vehicle! It was so bad my kids thought something was on fire inside the truck and all the windows were up! Also the rubber seal holds it all until you open the doors then all the dust goes into the cab wtf! I’ve never seen such a design flaw ever!!!
Yes, it is ridiculous. My kids can't stand it either. I have a 2020 Megacab that doesn't leak since it has the older doors. The new 5th gens are bad but they are pretty much the only things on the lots where I am.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove up a 15 mile gravel road (aka scenic route) shortly after we bought the truck and didn't notice anything inside the cab or accumulated on the back seat. We were even behind another vehicle for part of the trip. I put the air on recirculate at that point. We plan to drive it (or similar route) again on Christmas morning. I'll have to see if this time is any different.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I've heard that new filter is filtering out bacteria, also like covid19 focused already. Didn't hear about less dust in the cabin.

Ol’ Swampy

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Dodge Ram 1500, I travel gravel roads each day for approximately 20 miles. The dust in the cab is Horrendous, I took out my back seats to see where it’s coming from and it’s the pressure vents, the rubber is so thin that any little bump you hit they open up and let dust in no matter what the settings are for your airflow, recirculate is worse then an open window in the front with regular AC going. This is a total failure on the Dodge Engineering and it’s literally making me sick!
Unfortunately I can’t post my video of the dust coming through but I’ll take some pics tomorrow to upload. Easy fix for Dodge is to have thicker rubber that doesn’t open with a bump or outside wind. Unbelievable!!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Where i live in AZ is a TON of dirt and when its windy it blows dirt/dust everywhere. My house is almost like the movie Interstellar on the outside in the sense you can see the film of dirt/dust, i have to pressure wash once a month most the time. i also take my truck to the sand dunes (Glamis, CA) and i have not notice or have i had it in the back of my 2023 bighorn at all.

weedeater

Reaction score
For a $70000 truck this is unacceptable!! Why is there not a recall on this? I remember my dad having a car that poured in dust and dirt like this in its trunk. After it was wrecked that is. I never seen one do it that hadn't been in the body shop though. Well until this 2021 laramie

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
For a $70000 truck this is unacceptable!! Why is there not a recall on this? I remember my dad having a car that poured in dust and dirt like this in its trunk. After it was wrecked that is. I never seen one do it that hadn't been in the body shop though. Well until this 2021 laramie
A recall... For what reason exactly?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Interesting, I have a 2019 and live in generally dusty conditions, I've never noticed any issues with dust getting into the cabin.

First I've heard about it in this forum, at least personally, I wonder if it's more a specific issue on certain builds as opposed to any systemic issue on the 5th gens.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, every time I open a door after any gravel/dirt travel, it’s like a dust bomb went off inside the truck, so dumb🤷🏻‍♂️😩

Users who are viewing this thread