5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Speedometer Calibration issues

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 22 ram Laramie 1500… put a Rough country 3.5” lift level kit on and duratrac wrangler 275/65/20 tires on it. Speedo Was off by 5 mph, cluster showed 61 mph, gps was at 65 mph. Bought a rough country in line speedo calibrator, which is a royal pain in the *** to install and program, or at least “fine tune” program after install… Anyways couldn’t get it to program for the life of me besides coming close and being only 3 mph off… So I read several posts about alfaOBD being a good choice. So I unplugged the rough country in line speedo calibrator and did the Alfa thing… for whatever reason when I input the correct size of tires, it now shows I’m 10 mph off, and the only way to come close is the put my tire circumference at 2435 mm…. Which is a 31” tire basically!? But my tires are really almost 33.5” Did my rough country in line screw something up? Does it not revert to factory after just unplugging something? Idk but I’m at my wits end and about to take it to the dealership and “flash” my computer back to stock and restart? I know it’s still fairly new with 22’s, but I wish they stuck with the programmer for the 19 model year… it was WAY easier 😔 Anyone have any advice???

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t do a d@mn thing, and know that you are only 2 mph off …. Who cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
What value did you enter that was 10 mph off?
I just don’t understand how things got so out of wack now and why Alfa OBD has me put in such a LOW number for tire program size to get it to match my speed Honestly 2315 is a perfect match set up in Alfa OBD for the speedometer to be 100% correct, however A) that’s wrong, because that’s much smaller then my tire size, and B) it disables my park sense sensors when set that low

dc51786

Reaction score
I have a 22 limited which I am looking to get leveled and larger tires on and was told by the installer (custom shop is located within the dealership) that they don't have a way to do this on the 22 models yet - a change in the computer has made their prior tools useless for 22s.

I honestly didn't believe it until I saw this thread. Has anyone been able to successfully calibrate a 22 after wheel change? If so, what did you use?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cannot confirm it works, but there is a 2022 BCM in AlfaOBD which is needed to connect to in order to do tire programing.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Don’t do a d@mn thing, and know that you are only 2 mph off …. Who cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wont it affect shift points?
I put 34" tires on my truck and have not adjusted for the size. I wasnt going to bother, but then began to think maybe it would help with shift points.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wont it affect shift points?
I put 34" tires on my truck and have not adjusted for the size. I wasnt going to bother, but then began to think maybe it would help with shift points.
I ran mine for about a week before I programmed my bigger tire size. I really didn't notice a difference in shift points. I would have purchased AlfaOBD just to program the speedo, but I also wanted to change a few other settings, so it was a no brainer for me.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think of it this way. If you're going 65 miles every time the truck thinks you went 61, then when the warranty officially expires at 36000, you will only be reading 33,785 on the odometer. You picked up a free 2200 miles of extended warranty!

Camelot

Reaction score
Just leave it and know you are a few miles off. I never reprogrammed my Jeep, it was only off like 6mph or so.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was 5 off and it bothered me a lot, even though I knew, my very problem WAS that I knew it wasn't accurate and by how much. I HAD to fix that, just who I am mentally.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I were like 2.5 or less off I probably wouldn't mess with it. Like, I'm thinking of going to 305/45/r22's and that's like barely a 2MPH average difference so I wouldn't bother trying to reprogram.

3+ would bother me. 5+ no way.

Makes sense though that the usual stuff isn't working, betcha it's a Uconnect 5 thing.

Gregbj33

Reaction score
I put 275/65/20 on my truck and used a Tazer DT with beta software from them for my 2022. No issues, spot on with gps and park sensors working fine. I believe I measured them around 33.5 mounted and used that size or one size up in the tazer and got it right on.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love it when I realize I'm not the only one that is so particular about having indicated values match what is happening.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
STAY TUNED GUYS! I HAVE MY ISSUE FIGURED OUT and have successfully calibrated my 2022 Ram 1500!!! I will post a reply once I have a keyboard/computer in front of me later!!!! Just don’t wanna text all of it on my phone!

Bigdumps

Reaction score
My '22 is off after the bigger tires since I bought it from the dealer.
Dealer still tells me they can't calibrate the speedo. What's the programmer to buy? Will it adjust the shift points, if they needed it? I'm off my 7km/hr at 100km/hr it really bugs me lol

Users who are viewing this thread