5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Limited 3.0 EcoDiesel

hurt4878

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 with 3.0 EcoDiesel. The truck did not have a cold weather package install. Thus, no block heater. I call my local dealer and had them order me a block heater, and cord. The parts came in, so I scheduled an appointment to have it installed. Before I arrived at the dealership, they called to inform me that they were not sure they could install a block heater in my truck. They went through so BS about it might damage the vehicle. I honestly find that hard to believe. But whatever.

So now I'm planning on purchase a block heater from Mopar, and a cord from Geno's. I'm not a mechanic, but I believe I found where the Block Heater is to be installed. (see the Picture). It looks to me all I need to do is remove the brass cap/plug and install the block heater and cord, route my wires.

Looking for some help here. Am I right on how easy this should be? and it the picture I attached where the block heater is supposed to be installed?

Thanks for the Help Block Heater.jpg

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your dealer said they aren't sure they can install a block heater I'd tell them I won't be bringing the truck in for any service.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread