5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 eTorque still has the 8/80 warranty-UPDATE: Maybe Not!

Jexx

Reaction score
Are you ASSUMING a "Control Module" is a "Power Pack"??? Ram never produced a document explicitly stating such. If they did, I would have bought the Ram. They could/would not. Hmmmm.... Would have been happy if they did. Now my happiness is with a Ford. Ram made the decision for me. Still don't know why you guys are dumping on me. Your feelings may be hurt, but not by me. I'm just reporting the facts. Some people are happy to have the facts, some are offended by them. Sorry about your feelings.
You are correct to be suspicious, I was the original person to make the post that the wording had changed from the 2021 warranty to the 2022 warranty. Dodge changed the wording from the entire power pack to just the control module, which at the time many people were confused if this actually included the power pack, myself included.

I called my dealer where I purchased my truck and went through the same nonsense you did, they told me it was covered under the 8/80 warranty but coudn't actually produce any documentation saying it in writing.

But I finally got a Coverages Report with my VIN number and it does show the power pack is 8/80 which made me feel better, but you definitely have to jump though some hoops to get that info and Dodge should not make it so confusing to the point even the dealers can't find it in writing.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you ASSUMING a "Control Module" is a "Power Pack"??? Ram never produced a document explicitly stating such. If they did, I would have bought the Ram. They could/would not. Hmmmm.... Would have been happy if they did. Now my happiness is with a Ford. Ram made the decision for me. Still don't know why you guys are dumping on me. Your feelings may be hurt, but not by me. I'm just reporting the facts. Some people are happy to have the facts, some are offended by them. Sorry about your feelings.
You are the one that had his/her feelings hurt. Where is the "power pack" located? You couldn't find simple warranty info so I will help. It is located inside the "control module".

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Ask Ram??? Are are you serious?!?!? haven't you read any of my posts?!?!? Of course you did! You just want to cover your ears and believe what you choose. I asked everybody and have yet to see a single doc saying Control Module = Power Pack. Ram sure refused to say so. Hmmmm.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
You are correct to be suspicious, I was the original person to make the post that the wording had changed from the 2021 warranty to the 2022 warranty. Dodge changed the wording from the entire power pack to just the control module, which at the time many people were confused if this actually included the power pack, myself included.

I called my dealer where I purchased my truck and went through the same nonsense you did, they told me it was covered under the 8/80 warranty but coudn't actually produce any documentation saying it in writing.

But I finally got a Coverages Report with my VIN number and it does show the power pack is 8/80 which made me feel better, but you definitely have to jump though some hoops to get that info and Dodge should not make it so confusing to the point even the dealers can't find it in writing.
As I posted above:

As I mentioned, my local dealer was able to print out a “Coverages Report” that showed the 8/80 warranty, I thought this might not be enough documentation as the report was for a vehicle not yet delivered and the local dealer is a third party not involved with the sale.

I asked the sales assistant of the selling dealer to provide a copy of the “Coverages Report” for my Ram and she did, but it was very different from what my local dealer provided. The Report from the selling dealer was missing the entire section about the 8/80 warranty on the Power Pack.
If the selling dealer's Coverages Report included the 8/80, I would have the Ram in the garage now. Sure looked like some BS was going on.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ask Ram??? Are are you serious?!?!? haven't you read any of my posts?!?!? Of course you did! You just want to cover your ears and believe what you choose. I asked everybody and have yet to see a single doc saying Control Module = Power Pack. Ram sure refused to say so. Hmmmm.
It was sarcasm. It's a Ram truck, not Dodge. :rolleyes:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was quoted response to someone else. You seem like a smart person, walk away and join a F150 forum. Oh wait.....you are getting a Ford.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Perhaps the power pack is the control module, as in one part

Jexx

Reaction score
That's where all the confusion started. In 2021 Ram claimed the Power Pack was covered under the 8/80 warranty, then in 2022 they changed the wording to say just the control module was covered, and made no mention of the Power Pack. Even dealers were confused by this and had a hard time producing anything in writing that clarified this.

It seems now that people are coming to the conclusion that the Power Pack and the Control Module are the same thing, and that very well might be true, but Ram sure has made it confusing for the average consumer who just wants to know what is covered and what isn't. This is especially true considering many dealers can't even figure this out, or produce anything in writing.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's where all the confusion started. In 2021 Ram claimed the Power Pack was covered under the 8/80 warranty, then in 2022 they changed the wording to say just the control module was covered, and made no mention of the Power Pack. Even dealers were confused by this and had a hard time producing anything in writing that clarified this.

It seems now that people are coming to the conclusion that the Power Pack and the Control Module are the same thing, and that very well might be true, but Ram sure has made it confusing for the average consumer who just wants to know what is covered and what isn't. This is especially true considering many dealers can't even figure this out, or produce anything in writing.
Its not that confusing at all. ANY service department can run a LOP code and see that is covered 8/80. Its covered under the FEDERAL EMISSIONS WARRANTY.

I work in a dealership, checking warranty is very easy to do. So yes I can make the conclusion that a BPCM and the PPU are the same thing. If you need a new 48v battery you get the control module free. If you need the control module, you get a free 48v battery. They are in the same little box.

Attachments

• BPCM.PNG
    BPCM.PNG
    61.4 KB · Views: 27

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Its not that confusing at all. ANY service department can run a LOP code and see that is covered 8/80. Its covered under the FEDERAL EMISSIONS WARRANTY.

I work in a dealership, checking warranty is very easy to do. So yes I can make the conclusion that a BPCM and the PPU are the same thing. If you need a new 48v battery you get the control module free. If you need the control module, you get a free 48v battery. They are in the same little box.
For the nth time, the Coverages Report provided by the selling dealer did not show 8/80 on the Power Pack. If it had been, I would have the Ram in my garage now.

2ndAmend

Reaction score

Thank you! Someone does really understand! Why is Ram making it so difficult to figure out the warranty?!?! Most mfr's and dealers are proud of warranties as they help close sales. This business of Ram playing fast and loose with providing documentation and semantics is very worrisome. There is no reason for this unless they are attempting to change what the warranty actually covers. I wanted the Ram, but I don't like handing over $50k+ to someone who can't give a straight simple answer.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Perhaps, and if it is, that would make it all very clear that both are covered. But Ram does anything but make it clear. I wish they did.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong but the 8 year warranty on emissions is a law is it not?

It does not matter if Ram does it does have written documentation that you are looking for
I think you are correct, but is the Power Pack part of "Emissions"? It was in 2021. For 2022, it is not clear, which is why we are having this discussion. "Power Pack" was explicitly covered under "Emissions" in 2021. In 2022, "Power Pack" is not listed under the 8/80 Emissions coverage. If Ram would simply have provided a document saying the Power Pack was covered I would have the truck now, but they would/could not. Have no idea why.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you are correct, but is the Power Pack part of "Emissions"? It was in 2021. For 2022, it is not clear, which is why we are having this discussion. "Power Pack" was explicitly covered under "Emissions" in 2021. In 2022, "Power Pack" is not listed under the 8/80 Emissions coverage. If Ram would simply have provided a document saying the Power Pack was covered I would have the truck now, but they would/could not. Have no idea why.
It is because they know you are a clown. It's not hard to look up, took me 91 seconds. ITS COVERED 8/80. Now go enjoy your new Nissan or Mazda what ever you bought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109_192117.jpg
    Screenshot_20221109_192117.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 27

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jeez chill. Salesmen lie everyday to make a sale. Not one person at a dealership can be trusted with stuff like that. I can see how much of a rabbit hole it can be seeing how even the manuals and warranties seem to be written by interns with multiple conflicting statements even on the same pages.

@RamCares can you help these guys out with something definitive?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jeez chill. Salesmen lie everyday to make a sale. Not one person at a dealership can be trusted with stuff like that. I can see how much of a rabbit hole it can be seeing how even the manuals and warranties seem to be written by interns with multiple conflicting statements even on the same pages.

@RamCares can you help these guys out with something definitive?
Look at the screen shot, that is the VIP of my managers 2022 Ram. It is covered by 8/80. So don't trust me, I work at a Ram dealership. You know everyone lies at the dealership.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109_192117.jpg
    Screenshot_20221109_192117.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 16

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to chill the hell out. Less troll, more actual helping.

I said salesmen lie. You or your manager or the dealership didn't write the warranty or make warranty determinations. Ram does. They specify the parts and what is and isn't part of a part or subsystem. They'll know, especially if you ask for it in writing.

But you go drive the truck over 36K, go pull that part, get ram to warranty it under emissions and not B2B or goodwill or whatever, and post the invoice showing it and we can accept that. Then something its reproducible somewhere besides where you work, on your managers truck.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to chill the hell out. Less troll, more actual helping.

I said salesmen lie. You or your manager or the dealership didn't write the warranty or make warranty determinations. Ram does. They specify the parts and what is and isn't part of a part or subsystem. They'll know, especially if you ask for it in writing.

But you go drive the truck over 36K, go pull that part, get ram to warranty it under emissions and not B2B or goodwill or whatever, and post the invoice showing it and we can accept that. Then something its reproducible somewhere besides where you work, on your managers truck.
Explain "troll" please. I have provided an official document that states its covered. If your PPU failed at 79999 miles within 8 years of purchase stating its a covered part. What part of that did you not get?

Your are right,

Salesmen lie everyday to make a sale. Not one person at a dealership can be trusted with stuff like that.
That is what you said. I have warranty administrative access, so as you can see again a simple VIP check shows what is covered and what isn't covered. I would be glad to check your VIP for you. Wait, nobody at any dealership can be trusted.....

Users who are viewing this thread