5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 eTorque still has the 8/80 warranty-UPDATE: Maybe Not!

2ndAmend

Reaction score
This post contains redundant information, I created it only in the hope it will be easier to find than individual posts buried in popular threads.

History: The 2021 Ram 1500 Warranty Information booklet specifically includes the 48v Power Pack under the 8/80 Emissions Warranty, the 2022 Warranty Information booklet does not. Some speculated that Ram may have changed the warranty. So I spent much of the last 2 days trying to figure out what really is the warranty on the 22 Power Pack.

It appears that Ram does not want anyone to know the warranty on the 2022 eTorque Power Pack. I could not find a Ram document anywhere that provides explicit terms. Ram chat said 5/60, Ram phone cust serv said 3/36, no one would provide documentation. The answer is, have your Service Manager print out a "Coverages Report". Mine came up showing, based on my VIN, that it is indeed covered for 8/80 under emissions. This was a huge relief.

Thank you to several guys in several forums attaching relevant documents to their posts that helped me figure it out. There is one guy that had the answer but I after reading myself blind over the past 3 days I can't find the post or name. He attached his "Coverages Report" but at the time I did not know it was from the dealer. He had it right, he is the clear winner! Whoever his is, thanks!

2ndAmend

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I did not take delivery.

As I mentioned, my local dealer was able to print out a “Coverages Report” that showed the 8/80 warranty, I thought this might not be enough documentation as the report was for a vehicle not yet delivered and the local dealer is a third party not involved with the sale.

I asked the sales assistant of the selling dealer to provide a copy of the “Coverages Report” for my Ram and she did, but it was very different from what my local dealer provided. The Report from the selling dealer was missing the entire section about the 8/80 warranty on the Power Pack.

I interpreted this as a clear warning that I was buying a vehicle with a 3/36 Power Pack warranty.

I asked the salesman to ask his contacts at Ram for 8/80 documentation. He contacted his factory reps, and after I week he said that the reps said it was 8/80, but no documentation.

Other than an email from a salesman saying that he was told by a Ram rep that it was 8/80, all dealer and Ram documentation indicated the warranty was 3/36.

I told the salesman that I was extremely uncomfortable with the inability of Ram to provide 8/80 documentation to override all other documentation indicating 3/36. He graciously refunded my deposit.

I am sure they will sell the Ram for much more that my agreed price, so it is a win-win for both of us.

At this point I am very disappointed in and suspicious of Ram and CJDR in general, I am now looking at a F150. I think the Ram might be a better truck but Ram.com shows only eTorque 5.7’s for 23 so it is no longer a candidate. Very sad.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Copy and pasted from my Official Mopar Site- Warranty Section

B. PARTS COVERED FOR EIGHT YEARS OR 80,000 MILES If your vehicle has one of the following parts, this Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a period of eight years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start of the Basic Limited Warranty as set forth in “section 2.1 E”. The covered parts are:
• Auxiliary Hybrid Control Processor — 3.6L, 5.7L With BSG
• Battery Pack Control Module (BPCM) — 3.6L, 5.7L With BSG
• Catalytic Converter
• Motor Generator Unit — 3.6L, 5.7L With Belt Start Generator (BSG)
• Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
• Transmission Control Module (TCM)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I did not take delivery.

As I mentioned, my local dealer was able to print out a “Coverages Report” that showed the 8/80 warranty, I thought this might not be enough documentation as the report was for a vehicle not yet delivered and the local dealer is a third party not involved with the sale.

I asked the sales assistant of the selling dealer to provide a copy of the “Coverages Report” for my Ram and she did, but it was very different from what my local dealer provided. The Report from the selling dealer was missing the entire section about the 8/80 warranty on the Power Pack.

I interpreted this as a clear warning that I was buying a vehicle with a 3/36 Power Pack warranty.

I asked the salesman to ask his contacts at Ram for 8/80 documentation. He contacted his factory reps, and after I week he said that the reps said it was 8/80, but no documentation.

Other than an email from a salesman saying that he was told by a Ram rep that it was 8/80, all dealer and Ram documentation indicated the warranty was 3/36.

I told the salesman that I was extremely uncomfortable with the inability of Ram to provide 8/80 documentation to override all other documentation indicating 3/36. He graciously refunded my deposit.

I am sure they will sell the Ram for much more that my agreed price, so it is a win-win for both of us.

At this point I am very disappointed in and suspicious of Ram and CJDR in general, I am now looking at a F150. I think the Ram might be a better truck but Ram.com shows only eTorque 5.7’s for 23 so it is no longer a candidate. Very sad.
Here is the 2022 DT 1500 gas warranty booklet that the above coverage quote was taken from:

As you can see, the battery pack control module is clearly listed. This is the exact same component as the 48 volt battery pack, power pack unit, or whatever other nomenclature they want to call it. It is all one integrated unit, and are all the same part.

21E81505-A7E8-4A1B-9ABD-950C3295DE9D.jpeg
2ABA8B6D-17A5-40D8-8C5F-8A355B51968E.jpeg
449656EC-01FE-4211-B428-EEF4111FB0F4.jpeg

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I did not take delivery.

Enjoy your Ford, I'm sure you will find something fishy and be just as disappointed

2ndAmend

Reaction score
I wish the dealer or Ram provided any of the docs you show here, but they would not or could not after repeated requests. I spent hours on the phone and chat with Ram and they flatly refused to provide documentation. The dealer could not either after 2 weeks of back and forth with the salesman and sales assistant. If I had what you guys have, I would have taken delivery, but they refused to provide it. Why would they do that??? I'll probably never know. Ram left me no other choice.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
If the Power Pack does indeed have the 8/80 warranty Ram refused to confirm it. I wanted the truck and Ram flatly refused every request for warranty docs. Of special concern was the selling dealer provided a doc that conflicted with the "Coverages Report" I received from the local dealer.

This should have been a slam dunk, the warranty should be on the web site, it is not. Ram should have provided a link or a doc 2 min into the first chat, they refused. I was told 8/80, 5/60, 3/36, "I don't know", "ask the dealer" and "you'll get the warranty information when you purchase the vehicle", it was all total BS.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No need to get angry, I am the one who deserves to be angry especially if the Power Pack does indeed have the 8/80 warranty but Ram refused to confirm it. I wanted the truck and Ram flatly refused every request for warranty docs. Of special concern was the selling dealer provided a doc that conflicted with the "Coverages Report" I received from the local dealer.

This should have been a slam dunk, the warranty should be on the web site, it is not. Ram should have provided a link or a doc 2 min into the first chat, they refused. I was told 8/80, 5/60, 3/36, "I don't know", "ask the dealer" and "you'll get the warranty information when you purchase the vehicle", it was all total BS. If anyone deserves to be upset or angry, I do! You guys are lucky, be happy, but there is no reason for anyone to get angry at me.
It took me about 3 minutes to find the warranty. Page 17 of the manual will state what is covered. BPCM is the 48v battery pack. That is from the 2022 Ram warranty book as you will see when you open it up. I can find the 2023 book too if needed.

Attachments

• 22 warranty.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

2ndAmend

Reaction score
It took me about 3 minutes to find the warranty. Page 17 of the manual will state what is covered. BPCM is the 48v battery pack. That is from the 2022 Ram warranty book as you will see when you open it up. I can find the 2023 book too if needed.
1. Ram REFUSED to provide a copy of the 2022 Warranty Booklet.

2. Someone posted the booklet and it is different than the 2021. 2021 specifically lists the Power Power Pack, the 2022 does not, 2022 lists the "Module". I pointed this difference out to Ram and the dealer and NO ONE even suggested they were the same item. If this is so simple, why did Ram and the dealer fail to point this out???

It looks like Ram was/is playing games with releasing information and definitions. You guys may be 100% correct that it is covered, but Ram REFUSED to provide any such documentation to me. I exhausted all avenues and they left me no choice. All they had to do was simply document what you guys are saying, but they REFUSED to do so. I was not going to then reward them by giving them $50k+.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Ram REFUSED to provide a copy of the 2022 Warranty Booklet.

2. Someone posted the booklet and it is different than the 2021. 2021 specifically lists the Power Power Pack, the 2022 does not, 2022 lists the "Module". I pointed this difference out to Ram and the dealer and NO ONE even suggested they were the same item. If this is so simple, why did Ram and the dealer fail to point this out???

It looks like Ram was/is playing games with releasing information and definitions. You guys may be 100% correct that it is covered, but Ram REFUSED to provide any such documentation to me. I exhausted all avenues and they left me no choice. All they had to do was simply document what you guys are saying, but they REFUSED to do so. I was not going to then reward them by giving them $50k+.
Great, good, amazing..... we don't care how sad you are. Enjoy the Ford, I'm sure you can find something not to like about their warranty, service or forums that may persuade you to get a Nissan.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Looking at how well Stellantis is running CJDR, they may have done me a great favor chasing me away from the sale. Never liked the idea of a system that provides no noticeable benefit and includes a battery that will need regular replacement.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

Reaction score
I understand you are all are having your feelings hurt while your loving Ram is very possibly trying to screw you guys by changing the warranty without you realizing. I realized what they were doing: hiding info and changing documents and terminology, and I hoped to share it. But some appear to prefer to keep their heads in the sand. I expect they voted D today.

Thrilled to not have a stupid Power Pack in the Ford, couldn't be happier! Bye bye Dodge! Have fun supporting CDJR! LOL!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I understand you are all are having your feelings hurt while your loving Ram is very possibly trying to screw you guys by changing the warranty without you realizing. I realized what they were doing: hiding info and changing documents and terminology, and I hoped to share it. But some appear to prefer to keep their heads in the sand. I expect they voted D today.

Thrilled to not have a stupid Power Pack in the Ford, couldn't be happier! Bye bye Dodge! Have fun supporting CDJR! LOL!
I will feed the troll. I have checked the labor lop for warranty coverage before. It's amazing covered 8/80! I enjoy my Ram, its my 3rd 5th gen.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not everything is a conspiracy, and the 2022 warranty booklet can be found online through official sources in about 30 seconds. This is more likely a case of you trying to find anything to get out of a deal.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Are you ASSUMING a "Control Module" is a "Power Pack"??? Ram never produced a document explicitly stating such. If they did, I would have bought the Ram. They could/would not. Hmmmm.... Would have been happy if they did. Now my happiness is with a Ford. Ram made the decision for me. Still don't know why you guys are dumping on me. Your feelings may be hurt, but not by me. I'm just reporting the facts. Some people are happy to have the facts, some are offended by them. Sorry about your feelings.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

qEBlgZpZWHihO.gif

Users who are viewing this thread