5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

rrutkf80

Reaction score
I remember years ago when I picked up my first ram, when they were still dodge. another truck showed up with windshield broken and the dash was trashed. the dealer was not permitted to fix it and it had to go to auction. the guy really wanted it after waiting 4 months for it. he was going to try to get it at auction and see if the dealer would then fix it. never found out what happened. either way not a good place to be.
makes since why if any train auto rack carrying vehicles derails or turns over they are all junked and insurance pays. no one ever sees them.
Once upon a time when on active duty in th AF I had ordered a new 64 Chev Impala. It wa due while I was passin through home to a new duty station. It got totaled along with others in a transporter crash. My dad was a friend of the dealer. He Finagled a new 64 Chevrolet which just came out. Turned out to be a great car

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm not sure what the laws are now, but many years ago, I took a pro bono case for a guy in a similar situation. At that time, dealers were precluded from selling vehicles that had body repairs as brand new, even if they had never been sold before. It really messed up this guy's financing because he no longer qualified for new vehicle financing.

Not sure what state you are in, but you may want to look into this issue, as well as how it may affect your resale value in the future (i.e., will these repairs show up on a Carfax and dissuade a prospective buyer from purchasing from you?).

Without concrete answers to these, I would not accept delivery.
Dude, your advice is so freaking helpful. Wish ya lived where I do and I'd put you on retainer.

Shawn19

Reaction score
So some trucks are landing on dealer lots, “Some” sold orders going out. I have yet to see any images of the Back Country 1500 yet, with exception of the images of the Silver/black one used in the demos and articles.
Kind of curious if any have been seen in the wild yet.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Update on my situation:

I needed to take delivery on a truck by end of year for tax write off. My custom order is not showing any sign of that happening, plus after running the options and numbers I actually realized I could get the Limited instead of the Laramie and the air suspension was calling my name.

SO…

I picked up a basic ‘21 Big Horn off the lot yesterday for a great deal to satisfy the tax write off, and talked to my dealer about placing a new order for the ‘22 limited. Time isn’t the factor now so I can just wait for however long the new order takes and then sell the ‘21 and hopefully breaking even.

I can at least stop worrying about build dates now and just drive a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on my situation:

I needed to take delivery on a truck by end of year for tax write off. My custom order is not showing any sign of that happening, plus after running the options and numbers I actually realized I could get the Limited instead of the Laramie and the air suspension was calling my name.

SO…

I picked up a basic ‘21 Big Horn off the lot yesterday for a great deal to satisfy the tax write off, and talked to my dealer about placing a new order for the ‘22 limited. Time isn’t the factor now so I can just wait for however long the new order takes and then sell the ‘21 and hopefully breaking even.

Sweet, seems like you handled the situation really well!

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Update on my situation:

SO…

Don't worry, you will probably get your Limited before those who ordered in May and June.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Don't worry, you will probably get your Limited before those who ordered in May and June.

who freaking knows right? That’s why I just said screw it and got a truck for now and can stop worrying about build date.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on my situation:

SO…

I'd do the same thing if I had a hard stop on a tax issue. Fortunately, I don't. Ordered in late June and have been cruising this forum day and night.....all for naught since I/we don't have any control over the production. So, I just decided to relax and wait it out. I have a perfectly good 2011 Sierra so even if the '22 doesn't come in as ordered, whenever it comes in, I'm good.

You might want to consider taking delivery on your ordered one and flipping it, assuming you got a good deal on it.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I'd do the same thing if I had a hard stop on a tax issue. Fortunately, I don't. Ordered in late June and have been cruising this forum day and night.....all for naught since I/we don't have any control over the production. So, I just decided to relax and wait it out. I have a perfectly good 2011 Sierra so even if the '22 doesn't come in as ordered, whenever it comes in, I'm good.

You might want to consider taking delivery on your ordered one and flipping it, assuming you got a good deal on it.

Relaxing is the way to go for sure

I couldn’t get a deal on my ordered one so no real point in my situation to take it and resell. I’d just eat a giant chunk of sales tax. I should be able to make my money back on this ‘21
“Loaner” though since I got a good deal on it.

Every dealer I’ve talked to in my area regarding new ‘22 sold orders is MSRP for now and then will honor what we incentives are active when the vehicle arrives.

That sales tax really gets you though on vehicles this expensive

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Once upon a time when on active duty in th AF I had ordered a new 64 Chev Impala. It wa due while I was passin through home to a new duty station. It got totaled along with others in a transporter crash. My dad was a friend of the dealer. He Finagled a new 64 Chevrolet which just came out. Turned out to be a great car
Chevelle darned autocorrect

Itsslow98

Reaction score
So some trucks are landing on dealer lots, “Some” sold orders going out. I have yet to see any images of the Back Country 1500 yet, with exception of the images of the Silver/black one used in the demos and articles.
Kind of curious if any have been seen in the wild yet.
In the other thread it said only 94 backcountries had been built out of 35k. I can't find a single one at any dealer or website.

brenan00

Reaction score
Does anyone know when my truck finally ships, if it will show up on my dealer's website as a truck "in transit?" I see trucks listed like this on the dealer website, but unsure if any of them are sold special orders or just dealer stock orders that populate like that.
I asked my dealer that question, and he said since it was a sold order, it would not show up as "in transit".

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Relaxing is the way to go for sure

I couldn’t get a deal on my ordered one so no real point in my situation to take it and resell. I’d just eat a giant chunk of sales tax. I should be able to make my money back on this ‘21
“Loaner” though since I got a good deal on it.

Every dealer I’ve talked to in my area regarding new ‘22 sold orders is MSRP for now and then will honor what we incentives are active when the vehicle arrives.

That sales tax really gets you though on vehicles this expensive

That's why it's nice to have a trade-in. I think it was @Pi Esq. that mentioned it, you only pay tax on the difference between the cost of the vehicle, and the amount they give you for your trade.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
That's why it's nice to have a trade-in. I think it was @Pi Esq. that mentioned it, you only pay tax on the difference between the cost of the vehicle, and the amount they give you for your trade.
Yes, but I can only attest to that being the case in Texas. If you are not in Texas, I advise you to research your local laws and/or contact your local taxing authority to see what the case may be in your jurisdiction.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but I can only attest to that being the case in Texas. If you are not in Texas, I advise you to research your local laws and/or contact your local taxing authority to see what the case may be in your jurisdiction.
Good stuff. Can confirm it works this way in PA as well.

Hasti17

Reaction score
This is the way it works in Georgia.
Good stuff. Can confirm it works this way in PA as well.
New York actually Hates new yorkers, but they love our money, we pay full county tax, no special conditions.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New York actually Hates new yorkers, but they love our money, we pay full county tax, no special conditions.
Several years ago Georgia implemented a TAVT (Title Ad Valorem Tax) @ 6.6% of the net purchase price. TAVT replaced the standard sales tax so no real bottom line impact to the consumer. Also going forward the only annual fee is $20 for the tag.

Users who are viewing this thread