5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been lurking for a couple weeks while I track my own build. I just contacted Ram Chat. They're stating that they no longer us "D" "D1" etc status codes. I specifically asked them if what my dealer told me was D1. Not sure if others have heard this as well? I also asked them their specific timeline on order to delivery, acknowledging that certain options are significantly hindering builds. They said that there are some specific delays, but generally speaking they are operating on a 10-12 week timeline from order to delivery. I've seen through this forum that this all may be lip service but they've been consistent the two times I have contacted them. Who knows what this info is worth.
I'd say 4+ months is the new norm for order until delivery for new orders, as of now.

MNMEAD

Reaction score
I'd be happy with 12 weeks compared to what many member experiences have been, but we will see. Dealer quoted me 6-8 which I was shocked at, and also dumb enough to believe.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Also need to factor in if your dealership is accepting Affiliate pricing. I am unhappy with my options selected, but mine is not currently accepting affiliate pricing. If I did another order, it would be at MSRP with them. If I decide not to accept my order, I guess I could try Mark Dodge and see what kind of pricing they're doing today. May just reserve GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate tonight if I like what I see in their reveal? I know they are still doing GM Supplier Discounts on orders.

What time is that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been lurking for a couple weeks while I track my own build. I just contacted Ram Chat. They're stating that they no longer us "D" "D1" etc status codes. I specifically asked them if what my dealer told me was D1. Not sure if others have heard this as well? I also asked them their specific timeline on order to delivery, acknowledging that certain options are significantly hindering builds. They said that there are some specific delays, but generally speaking they are operating on a 10-12 week timeline from order to delivery. I've seen through this forum that this all may be lip service but they've been consistent the two times I have contacted them. Who knows what this info is worth.
Ram chat will not give out codes. IDK if they can or can't see them but the only way to get the code is from the dealer.

MNMEAD

Reaction score
Ram chat will not give out codes. IDK if they can or can't see them but the only way to get the code is from the dealer.
Dang, I specifically asked my dealer if I was D or D1 and he said "They have not started building yet." Seems he doesn't want to give me codes because he doesn't want me knowing status of the build. I assume to avoid me pestering him. Maybe I'm reading into the human side of it too much.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Dang, I specifically asked my dealer if I was D or D1 and he said "They have not started building yet." Seems he doesn't want to give me codes because he doesn't want me knowing status of the build. I assume to avoid me pestering him. Maybe I'm reading into the human side of it too much.
Have them print out a POC for you. That will have the actual code on it.

Mathis35

Reaction score
What was the wording of what Ramchat told you? Normally if you're D they'll say something like "We're still gathering parts to be able to schedule your build". D1 wording from Ramchat is parts gathered and you're in the scheduling phase essentially.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I’m getting a loaded Laramie GT for 61k. How are you going to get a limited for 61k? Im not being a smart ***. Just really asking

How are you getting a loaded Laramie for $61k?

My Laramie GT is $69k MSRP. It’s fully loaded with night edition, pano, power running boards, 12” screen, BUG. 4x4 of course.

I can do a limited fir $69k and can always add exhaust later

PCHokie

Reaction score
Why not just take delivery, drive it, and trade it in when your new truck arrives? Trade in values aren't going down anytime soon.
I've thought about that as well. TX tax is 6.25%, so I may not break even trading it in, but I should not lose too much if I was to do that.

MNMEAD

Reaction score
What was the wording of what Ramchat told you? Normally if you're D they'll say something like "We're still gathering parts to be able to schedule your build". D1 wording from Ramchat is parts gathered and you're in the scheduling phase essentially.
Ram Chat said they are gathering parts. Dealer said build is scheduled. I'm not far into the wait so I will give them another few weeks. I was more curious about what sort of responses I'd get from each of them. I am sure most dealers and Ram are aware of some of our conversations on this and similar forums.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I've thought about that as well. TX tax is 6.25%, so I may not break even trading it in, but I should not lose too much if I was to do that.
You may know this already, but TX gives you a tax "credit" when you trade-in a vehicle and buy one at the same time. So, say you buy your Limited for $58k and you then buy a new vehicle in a year. If the dealer gives you $50k for your trade, you are exempt from taxes on the first $50k of whatever your new purchase is (e.g., your new vehicle is $80k, you only pay tax on $30k). So, in this example, you'd really only pay tax on $8k for your 2022 Limited, or $500.

PCHokie

Reaction score
You may know this already, but TX gives you a tax "credit" when you trade-in a vehicle and buy one at the same time. So, say you buy your Limited for $58k and you then buy a new vehicle in a year. If the dealer gives you $50k for your trade, you are exempt from taxes on the first $50k of whatever your new purchase is (e.g., your new vehicle is $80k, you only pay tax on $30k). So, in this example, you'd really only pay tax on $8k for your 2022 Limited, or $500.
I did not! Thanks!! It will not lower for this purchase since I sold my truck in Virginia prior to relocating to Texas. It does make purchasing this one make more sense, even if I decide just to trade it in, in a few months.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same, coming from 2019 Denali. The big reason I came to Ram was my interior was horrible in comparison.
Yeah, the 2012 is old but it wasn't that great when it was new. I looked at what everyone had to offer and the only other truck that interested me was the new Tundra.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score

I’m thinking about getting a ‘21 off the lot with as many incentives as possible to get into a truck before the end of the year and then just trade it in when my custom order arrives…

The tax issue is also where I’m scratching my head how to break even on this…

My purpose is to get the tax write off this for my business as this is a company truck, so need to have SOME truck purchased before the new year!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are you getting a loaded Laramie for $61k?

My Laramie GT is $69k MSRP. It’s fully loaded with night edition, pano, power running boards, 12” screen, BUG. 4x4 of course.

I can do a limited fir $69k and can always add exhaust later

Never go full MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread