5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I'm paying just under $65K for my Limited and I have the NE. Drop that and there you are.

Yeah I just did and I’m disappointed at myself right now. About to call dealer and see how far we are. Thinking about making the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I just did and I’m disappointed at myself right now. About to call dealer and see how far we are. Thinking about making the switch

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that a lot of people's Laramie's are ending up close in price to Limited's, and that dealers are offering incentives and discounts on the latter that they probably wouldn't normally. The few thousand, hell even probably the few hundred bucks more Ram can get out of the many hundreds of people moving up to Limited's is worth it to them to try and steer us that way.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Limited in my signature is $63614 on the paperwork I signed. That was a June order before price increases.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
The Limited in my signature is $63614 on the paperwork I signed. That was a June order before price increases.

Even with the price increase ans I put all the options in the limited I’m only a couple hundred off the same MSRP which has me believing I could have gotten the limited for the same price. MD said I’m in D1 and can’t change the order at this point. Maybe I’ll just take delivery and do it again. I’m disappointed I think. I’m torn now. This is a moment when too much information is bad

PCHokie

Reaction score
Also need to factor in if your dealership is accepting Affiliate pricing. I am unhappy with my options selected, but mine is not currently accepting affiliate pricing. If I did another order, it would be at MSRP with them. If I decide not to accept my order, I guess I could try Mark Dodge and see what kind of pricing they're doing today. May just reserve GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate tonight if I like what I see in their reveal? I know they are still doing GM Supplier Discounts on orders.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even with the price increase ans I put all the options in the limited I’m only a couple hundred off the same MSRP which has me believing I could have gotten the limited for the same price. MD said I’m in D1 and can’t change the order at this point. Maybe I’ll just take delivery and do it again. I’m disappointed I think. I’m torn now. This is a moment when too much information is bad

I feel you man, I thought I had a pretty good grasp on payload/towing before I ordered. WRONG. My build will work still but if I had known what I know now, my options selection would have been different. When I heard the Tech Group was being merged into Level 1 (possibly for no upcharge for people who already ordered, depending on your dealer), I tried to get that added but they wouldn't/couldn't do it. It is what it is.

The waiting is what kills us, if your truck appeared in your driveway right now you wouldn't give a parachuting goat's @*** that it wasn't a Limited lol

fatfree

Reaction score
I just put in my order 2 days ago, decided to change color and contacted my dealer today. They said they will put in the request but not guaranteed that it will be successful. They said it will take a couple of weeks. Anyone had their change request fail at this early of a request?

PCHokie

Reaction score
I tried a day after submitting my order and was told no. There have certainly been guys here who have weeks after placing. I do not know what determines if you can or cannot?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it depends on your dealer wanting to make the call. Also, if you ordered a while ago and are locked in before new pricing, changing your order could subject you to being invoiced at the new price.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another thought on blues. We could have had:
Max Steel
Patriot Blue
Hydro Blue
Blue Shade

That's a lot of blue hues to choose from. Max Steel and Hydro don't seem to be popular choices either.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL!! Just received this email a few minutes ago and just had to laugh!! The exact same verbiage regarding parts was in an email from good ole Jeff that I got on 9/9. The new twist is that the deliver window is 10/25/21. Just WOW, they can build it, inspect it, ship it to MD in FOUR days. I guess they are finally getting their act together!! NOT!! LOL!!!

________________________________________________________________________________--
This is a courtesy email update regarding your Ram 1500 factory order status.

Good news! I show your order has been sequenced for production with all the parts necessary to begin building your order either being scheduled or gathered.
I show your order has an estimated dealership delivery window reflected as 10-25-21. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and could be subject to change.

If you have any outstanding questions or order update inquiries, we do encourage you to reach out to your ordering dealership for the fastest response possible. Additional email communications provided to this email are un-monitored and will be responded to once additional updates are available to share.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!

Sincerely,

Jeff
Ram Information Center
-------------------------------------
UPDATE: Just spoke to Aaron and I'm officially in D1 status. And a "ship" date of 10/28. We all know that just means it will begin the build process. Aaron confirmed this. Hopefully, if the good lord is willing and the creek don't rise and I'll see my truck in December!

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

One of the reasons I stepped up from the Laramie to the Limited was that the pricing wasn't really all that different. Vehicle manufacturers are apparently doing more and more to push people into higher trims.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I feel you man, I thought I had a pretty good grasp on payload/towing before I ordered. WRONG. My build will work still but if I had known what I know now, my options selection would have been different. When I heard the Tech Group was being merged into Level 1 (possibly for no upcharge for people who already ordered, depending on your dealer), I tried to get that added but they wouldn't/couldn't do it. It is what it is.

The waiting is what kills us, if your truck appeared in your driveway right now you wouldn't give a parachuting goat's @*** that it wasn't a Limited lol
if you want the 5.7. then limited laramie are a close difference, for ME i Didnt opt for a limited or longhorn because the SW edition with the ecodiesel came in at 64000. if i build out either of the higher trims, id be at 70k with the same options
the diesel is basically the only non negotiable factor, and with the limited and longhorn + options, thats far and away to rich for my blood

fatfree

Reaction score
Also need to factor in if your dealership is accepting Affiliate pricing. I am unhappy with my options selected, but mine is not currently accepting affiliate pricing. If I did another order, it would be at MSRP with them. If I decide not to accept my order, I guess I could try Mark Dodge and see what kind of pricing they're doing today. May just reserve GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate tonight if I like what I see in their reveal? I know they are still doing GM Supplier Discounts on orders.
I placed an order with Mark Dodge 2 days ago and gave me an offer under invoice. Every single dealer in my state refuse to go under MSRP.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I placed an order with Mark Dodge 2 days ago and gave me an offer under invoice. Every single dealer in my state refuse to go under MSRP.
Nice. I just have to decide what direction I want to go. I'm nearing the finish line as I just went to JB a couple of days ago. While I would lose 1k deposit I made for my order if I backed out of it, it appears I could probably recoup that with what I would save with MD, since my dealer only gave me the standard 1% below invoice. Would also remove the regret for not ordering 4x4 and a few other things. MD is just a 4 hour drive, that's not too bad either. Potentially having to wait until spring of next year though, that would be difficult.

Hasti17

Reaction score
ill do you one better, i checked dealers in 4 states, all MSRP and many with Insane deposit policies (worst was 10% of MSRP at time of order)

EDIT: Also, congrats! and welcome to the dogpile of grumpy men, with no patience, and full of wild and scurrilous opinions on why we aren't driving our trucks yet.

fatfree

Reaction score
ill do you one better, i checked dealers in 4 states, all MSRP and many with Insane deposit policies (worst was 10% of MSRP at time of order)
I noticed the ones that do MSRP or above were very rude. They told me any dealers going below MSRP is bs'ing me or I'm the one bs'ing.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Nice. I just have to decide what direction I want to go. I'm nearing the finish line as I just went to JB a couple of days ago. While I would lose 1k deposit I made for my order if I backed out of it, it appears I could probably recoup that with what I would save with MD, since my dealer only gave me the standard 1% below invoice. Would also remove the regret for not ordering 4x4 and a few other things. MD is just a 4 hour drive, that's not too bad either. Potentially having to wait until spring of next year though, that would be difficult.
Why not just take delivery, drive it, and trade it in when your new truck arrives? Trade in values aren't going down anytime soon.

MNMEAD

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been lurking for a couple weeks while I track my own build. I just contacted Ram Chat. They're stating that they no longer us "D" "D1" etc status codes. I specifically asked them if what my dealer told me was D1. Not sure if others have heard this as well? I also asked them their specific timeline on order to delivery, acknowledging that certain options are significantly hindering builds. They said that there are some specific delays, but generally speaking they are operating on a 10-12 week timeline from order to delivery. I've seen through this forum that this all may be lip service but they've been consistent the two times I have contacted them. Who knows what this info is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread