5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. This one is close, if it's not already sold. Not too many Rebel GTs and looks pretty great.

View attachment 108455
Looks good. My only problem is that I have a pretty loaded up bighorn, and it would be out of my price range. Only reason why I didn't go up a trim level or two.

I would at least ask about it.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

deanno33

Reaction score
Looks good. My only problem is that I have a pretty loaded up bighorn, and it would be out of my price range. Only reason why I didn't go up a trim level or two.

The price on the bighorn I ordered was really good and that's the only draw back. I know if I find a Rebel there won't be much price negotiation. At the same time, my 2020 Laramie was paid off so they literally have 52,000 of my money since I traded in July (+$500 they made me put down on top of that which I thought was weird). So, If I can find one that they are willing to deal a little on, I may do it vs waiting. Pay full sales tax too I guess. I would have gone Rebel to begin with but I didn't want the 3.92s and did want 4 auto....but I can live with both sacrifices.

I just wish they would give us even small details into the reason for delay and approximate timing. I guess they probably want to keep us uninformed as they know most will hold out based on hope for quite a while. That, vs telling us today our trucks won't be built until early 2022 and seeing people start bailing from their orders right away. The lack of shared detail is certainly a strategy and not just a result of incompetence, IMO.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just wish they would give us even small details into the reason for delay and approximate timing. I guess they probably want to keep us uninformed as they know most will hold out based on hope for quite a while. That, vs telling us today our trucks won't be built until early 2022 and seeing people start bailing from their orders right away. The lack of shared detail is certainly a strategy and not just a result of incompetence, IMO.
I think it's more like these are questions they can't answer. They know what parts they have ordered and they know what is coming to them but at the end of the day when those parts are sitting on container ships waiting to be offloaded before they can even stand a chance to get eventually transported to their final destinations, there's not way to give an ETA.

Here's the thing from my perspective. It comes down to do you want a Ram or do you want a truck. If you want a truck, I think you can get a Ford or a Chevy much easier. For me, I want a Ram, specifically a Limited. If I go build out an F150 or a AT4 it's going to cost me significantly more and I trade off things that drew me to the Ram (Like Air Ride, MFT and Ram Boxes specifically but I also like 12" screen and some other things). For me, it's not worth spending the extra money, or even a little less on a different truck, so I'll wait. And I likely will be waiting until 2022 before mine shows up while parts that could be allocated for my build go to 3 other trucks.

I don't like it, but I also think that Ram probably doesn't like having to do it either. It's not an excuse, it's just reality. Out of 100,000 orders, nearly 40,000 are Big Horns and they've built more of those than Limited's, Longhorns and Laramies combined. My thought still is that they are trying to stock dealer lots with Bighorns and then they are going to hit sold orders hard. If trucks don't hit lots, these dealers will go under unless they find creative ways to be purely used car sales just like every other car lot.

deanno33

Reaction score
I don't like it, but I also think that Ram probably doesn't like having to do it either. It's not an excuse, it's just reality. Out of 100,000 orders, nearly 40,000 are Big Horns and they've built more of those than Limited's, Longhorns and Laramies combined. My thought still is that they are trying to stock dealer lots with Bighorns and then they are going to hit sold orders hard. If trucks don't hit lots, these dealers will go under unless they find creative ways to be purely used car sales just like every other car lot.

Couldn't agree more....dealers need inventory and we need dealers.

Outside of that...Ram, please start filling early sold orders vs newer sold orders. Thank you :)

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's more like these are questions they can't answer. They know what parts they have ordered and they know what is coming to them but at the end of the day when those parts are sitting on container ships waiting to be offloaded before they can even stand a chance to get eventually transported to their final destinations, there's not way to give an ETA.

Here's the thing from my perspective. It comes down to do you want a Ram or do you want a truck. If you want a truck, I think you can get a Ford or a Chevy much easier. For me, I want a Ram, specifically a Limited. If I go build out an F150 or a AT4 it's going to cost me significantly more and I trade off things that drew me to the Ram (Like Air Ride, MFT and Ram Boxes specifically but I also like 12" screen and some other things). For me, it's not worth spending the extra money, or even a little less on a different truck, so I'll wait. And I likely will be waiting until 2022 before mine shows up while parts that could be allocated for my build go to 3 other trucks.

Almost missed that this was you KW, since you changed your avvy lol.

Good analysis and I can tell you I feel very similarly. If we're custom ordering trucks, it's probably because we're more discerning (picky) that your average truck buyer (who are already pickier than your average vehicle buyer). And from my own research, I agree that if you custom order a Ford or a GMC, and tweak it to your liking, it's gonna cost you (lot prices are a bit closer). And there wasn't anything about those trucks that was enough to pull me away from Ram.

I mean, I really like the GMC tailgate, and Ford's better-than-average payload and the in-bed generator, that stuff is neat. But you gotta pay for it, and it's not worth it to me over the Ram's air sus and ride comfort, the interior design and overall quality, the screen (I LOVE that it's vertical, the screens that are long horizontally makes no sense to me, it's putting stuff on the right side of the screen father away from you). Trucks have been targeted for a long time toward people who use them to tow and haul stuff regularly, but also like to just drive them around town when needed. Ram has latched onto a fairly specific but surprisingly broad customer base of people looking for a truck to drive around everywhere, everyday, that can also tow and haul stuff when you need it to.

My wife and I test drove a Sierra Denali with the 6.2. Rode/drove/steered like a truck. Then we test drove an F150 (Lariat ecoboost). Smoother than the Sierra, but still, you know you're in a truck. Test drove the Ram (Limited) and it was like night and day. We knew instantly Ram was the way to go. So, definitely giving up some payload and power vs the other two, but it all depends on what you're gonna use your truck for. At the end of the day, this is my daily driver so between that fact and the better prices on Ram, it was an easy choice.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost missed that this was you KW, since you changed your avvy lol.

Good analysis and I can tell you I feel very similarly. If we're custom ordering trucks, it's probably because we're more discerning (picky) that your average truck buyer (who are already pickier than your average vehicle buyer). And from my own research, I agree that if you custom order a Ford or a GMC, and tweak it to your liking, it's gonna cost you (lot prices are a bit closer). And there wasn't anything about those trucks that was enough to pull me away from Ram.

I mean, I really like the GMC tailgate, and Ford's better-than-average payload and the in-bed generator, that stuff is neat. But you gotta pay for it, and it's not worth it to me over the Ram's air sus and ride comfort, the interior design and overall quality, the screen (I LOVE that it's vertical, the screens that are long horizontally makes no sense to me, it's putting stuff on the right side of the screen father away from you). Trucks have been targeted for a long time toward people who use them to tow and haul stuff regularly, but also like to just drive them around town when needed. Ram has latched onto a fairly specific but surprisingly broad customer base of people looking for a truck to drive around everywhere, everyday, that can also tow and haul stuff when you need it to.

My wife and I test drove a Sierra Denali with the 6.2. Rode/drove/steered like a truck. Then we test drove an F150 (Lariat ecoboost). Smoother than the Sierra, but still, you know you're in a truck. Test drove the Ram (Limited) and it was like night and day. We knew instantly Ram was the way to go. So, definitely giving up some payload and power vs the other two, but it all depends on what you're gonna use your truck for. At the end of the day, this is my daily driver so between that fact and the better prices on Ram, it was an easy choice.
That pretty much sums up my point of view. Well said.

monkeypunch

Reaction score

Only thing I disagree with is the dealers going under. The service department has the largest margins and can pay the bills of the whole dealership. The sales department is the profit. And these dealers are selling used vehicles at massive mark ups.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That pretty much sums up my point of view. Well said.
Thanks! I will most likely move up to an HD/250/2500 level truck once my son can drive his own self around, and at that point I'm starting from scratch and looking at the big three all over again. Ram will definitely have to play catchup in the powertrain and payload departments between now and then to keep me.

n00ber

Reaction score
so looking up my vin for the BS it brings me to a page that says "Unable to fetch required information. Please contact System
Administrator" when I try a different vin (local dealership) it brings it up, anyone been having issues?

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today and still in D status of course. One of the big holdups he mentioned was the 22” wheels. Maybe that’s one of the reasons we’re seeing more big horns and rebels being made currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so looking up my vin for the BS it brings me to a page that says "Unable to fetch required information. Please contact System
Administrator" when I try a different vin (local dealership) it brings it up, anyone been having issues?
I've run across that a few times in the past few days. Usually get around it by trying a different site (Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler). Their system was pretty wonky yesterday, but seems to be ok today.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
So I was messing around on the build site and built out a ‘22 limited and it equals within $300 of the fully loaded Laramie GT I ordered.

Besides not getting the GT package…would there be a benefit to getting the limited instead? It has all the same options I put on the Laramie

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was messing around on the build site and built out a ‘22 limited and it equals within $300 of the fully loaded Laramie GT I ordered.

Besides not getting the GT package…would there be a benefit to getting the limited instead? It has all the same options I put on the Laramie

I noticed the exact same thing and went with a Limited myself. There's quite a few more standard features on the Limited (like the air sus and the wireless charging pad), as well as some nice "upgrades" over the Laramie, like better headlights and higher quality leather on the seats.

If you're that close, I would just get the Limited, unless you REALLY want that console shifter. Cold air intake and cat bak exhaust are pretty basic tune ups you can do yourself later on. Plus, you'll get the blind spot monitor, which you can't get on the Laramie right now (which is bullcrap, but that's a different conversation).

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I noticed the exact same thing and went with a Limited myself. There's quite a few more standard features on the Limited (like the air sus and the wireless charging pad), as well as some nice "upgrades" over the Laramie, like better headlights and higher quality leather on the seats.

If you're that close, I would just get the Limited, unless you REALLY want that console shifter. Cold air intake and cat bak exhaust are pretty basic tune ups you can do yourself later on. Plus, you'll get the blind spot monitor, which you can't get on the Laramie right now (which is bullcrap, but that's a different conversation).

That’s what I’m thinking

Users who are viewing this thread