5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

slatersan

Reaction score
not before us who have ordered!

Actually, yes. A) you have no idea how many the dealers ordered. B_) the dealers need trucks to sell, not just your truck to sell to you.

This shortage sucks, but you aren't, haven't, and never will be a priority over dealers who move units. In fact, you're the reason why dealer's take priority...you add to the dealer's clout.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Actually, yes. A) you have no idea how many the dealers ordered. B_) the dealers need trucks to sell, not just your truck to sell to you.

This shortage sucks, but you aren't, haven't, and never will be a priority over dealers who move units. In fact, you're the reason why dealer's take priority...you add to the dealer's clout.
While I don't agree with the callousness of your response and logic, the simple fact is that most, if not all, of us were told by dealers that our special orders took precedence over stock orders. So, I'm sure you can imagine why many are upset that their specially ordered trucks are taking a backseat to dealer stock orders, notwithstanding the perfectly sound logic you espoused.

slatersan

Reaction score
While I don't agree with the callousness of your response and logic, the simple fact is that most, if not all, of us were told by dealers that our special orders took precedence over stock orders. So, I'm sure you can imagine why many are upset that their specially ordered trucks are taking a backseat to dealer stock orders, notwithstanding the perfectly sound logic you espoused.
I would ask if you had polled most, if not all, special orders to see what they were told by a dealer...but that would be callous.

I would also ask "Did you get that in writing?", but ...again, callous.

I empathize. At the end of the day, Ram wants and needs to sell hundreds of thousands of 2022s and their delaer lots are empty. The dealers, who Ram has actual contractual obligations with, are likely screaming as much or more than you guys. Who is Ram going to grease first? The individuals who special ordered ( and who's trucks will sell quickly if they balk and walk), or the dealers who move 1000'2 of units?

PCHokie

Reaction score
I would ask if you had polled most, if not all, special orders to see what they were told by a dealer...but that would be callous.

I empathize. At the end of the day, Ram wants and needs to sell hundreds of thousands of 2022s and their delaer lots are empty. The dealers, who Ram has actual contractual obligations with, are likely screaming as much or more than you guys. Who is Ram going to grease first? The individuals who special ordered ( and who's trucks will sell quickly if they balk and walk), or the dealers who move 1000'2 of units?
Well, I was told sold order have priority over normal dealer orders. My POC has a build priority of 01. We also know that dealerships received audits for fake customer orders which leads me to believe that was done by dealerships to circumvent the process and get more vehicles to their lots faster?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

I meant no disrespect with my response to you, and I didn't mean "callous" to be a pejorative. To be clear, the TL;DR of my response to you is: "That's tough but fair."

As far as polling people in the forum, I have not. However, most who have chimed in on the issue have stated they were told sold orders take priority over, and would be built before, dealer stock orders. As far as "did I get that in writing," I did, actually. My dealer told me, via email, that "sold" orders take precedence over dealer stock orders. Maybe he was lying, or maybe he was simply parroting what he was told by Ram/Stellanits; I don't know.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score

I was told on the day I ordered my truck by the dealer that sold order take priority over dealer orders. I have scheduling priority 1-Sold Order. Plus we all have had VIN numbers assigned since a few days after our orders went in. It just seems that the factory is doing as they need to get trucks out. None of us knows what the "formula" the plant is using. It probably depends on parts, model level, color grouping, model grouping or where they are going or something else? Yes we are pissed off because we were told when we put in our orders that we would have priority. I handed the dealer $2k for the order in May. Some may have put more or less down to get their truck ordered. So when we hear that a dealer is getting 22's we are pissed. When the dealer took my money it was a bound contract between me and the dealer. So yes is some way we have it in writing that we were suppose to be a priority over dealer lot orders. Most of us will not walk out when our trucks come in. So they are sold orders money in the bank for the dealer and Ram. The ones going to the lot can sit there weeks or months before they are sold. They probably will from the upcharges I see of anywhere from 5K to 10K OVER MSRP. Yes the dealers need inventory and it looks like they are getting some. My dealer has NO 22's coming in yet. So don't be so quick to judge us for being pissed off seeing some dealers what are saying they have 22 trucks on the way. I see that on several large volume dealers sites.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I handed the dealer $2k for the order in May.......... My dealer has NO 22's coming in yet.
So I'm in the same boat. And my dealer is having issues getting trucks too. My burgeoning theory is that the specifics of our orders have NOTHING to do with whether they get built/shipped. It's all about the dealer's relationship with the factory.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
This was probably already covered and I missed it, but just noticed that the 2022 Limiteds have a lower tow rating than the 2021 version. At last according to the RAM site. Interesting. I'm going through to see all the various differences and that one is odd.
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 2.16.11 PM.png

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Just checked with MD and was told Rebels were going to be produced in December. I don’t think that is entirely true given we have seen some built already, but thought I would let y’all know. I’m still in D status, of course.

Moondogger

Reaction score
I received this in an email from my dealership and got all excited until I actually clicked on incentives for a 2022 RAM 1500....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-142357_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-142357_Outlook.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20211007-142436_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-142436_Outlook.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 82

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked with MD and was told Rebels were going to be produced in December. I don’t think that is entirely true given we have seen some built already, but thought I would let y’all know. I’m still in D status, of course.
They've already built almost 4,000 Rebels.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was probably already covered and I missed it, but just noticed that the 2022 Limiteds have a lower tow rating than the 2021 version. At last according to the RAM site. Interesting. I'm going through to see all the various differences and that one is odd.
View attachment 107448
Maybe they decided to bring it down closer to what you can realistically actually do?

thenachobro

Reaction score
So I'm in the same boat. And my dealer is having issues getting trucks too. My burgeoning theory is that the specifics of our orders have NOTHING to do with whether they get built/shipped. It's all about the dealer's relationship with the factory.
That would suck as you are now at the mercy of a relationship that you have no vestment in. I never really thought that the dealership would factor into which orders get filled. It would seem that if this is the case, FCA/Stellantis has an opportunity to stick it to dealers they don't like or approve of?

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Maybe they decided to bring it down closer to what you can realistically actually do?
Maybe. It's also just a slightly depressing process to go down their compare function between the two years. There are more things no longer available on the 22my limited than there are added. In fact I think Uconnect 5 might have been the only added item among many removed.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe. It's also just a slightly depressing process to go down their compare function between the two years. There are more things no longer available on the 22my limited than there are added. In fact I think Uconnect 5 might have been the only added item among many removed.
This shortage crap will hopefully be sorted in another 2 years or so, and then we can decide if we want to trade up with ALL the options on the table.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This shortage crap will hopefully be sorted in another 2 years or so, and then we can decide if we want to trade up with ALL the options on the table.
For me, when ever my back country get delivered, I'm going to hold on to it until the electric ram comes out. Even then, I might wait a year...or 2 years to let all of the kinks go through.

Well, I was going b!tch and complain some more, but at this point, my waiting almost 4 months really sucks. Finding out the possibility of not having rebates, and my only source of information, is from a couple of wonderful great guys not on the ram payroll are doing the hard work that dealers and Stellantis isn't doing, it's just really starting to get to me.

I know brand loyalty is important to me, but [email protected] just a complete clusterfuck. Don't know why this is getting passed on to loyal customers.

@RamCares

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

kenrs

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.52.10 PM.png
Not a lot, but it is something for anyone who is planning on getting a Big Horn. Found on ramtrucks.com

Users who are viewing this thread