5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently it's helping if you ordered in July or August....
Apparently! Like that makes any sense. Beginning to think if I ordered one today I would get it sooner than the first order. Also wondering if the discounts we got from MD put our orders on the bottom of the list. Curious if the folks getting their trucks ordered from small or high volume dealers??

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Apparently! Like that makes any sense. Beginning to think if I ordered one today I would get it sooner than the first order. Also wondering if the discounts we got from MD put our orders on the bottom of the list. Curious if the folks getting their trucks ordered from small or high volume dealers??
I halfway debated going to order a TRX, but I just can't do a black interior or 5'7" bed. It would most likely be here before my order is at this point.

I highly doubt RAM has any idea what the sell price is going to be on these trucks. After the fact, they may look to see what each dealer is pricing at, but I doubt they are asking what the price will be in the future.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I highly doubt RAM has any idea what the sell price is going to be on these trucks. After the fact, they may look to see what each dealer is pricing at, but I doubt they are asking what the price will be in the future.
I agree, FCA probably gets the same from the dealers no matter what and they don't really care. The dealer decides how much they want to eat/make. I'm just searching for some rationale. Very curious there are several from MD that ordered in June and still no movement.

Rshelbu

Reaction score
Tried to enter my VIN number and got the message that it wasn't a valid 21/22 truck.

PCHokie

Reaction score
It does appear the pricing has been a moving target. For base price alone on 2022 Ram 1500 Limited 2WD w/5'7" box:
  • My first POC (7/23/2021) from dealer = MSRP $58,030
  • Recent POC (9/20/2021) from dealer = MSRP $58,960
  • Website currently (10/6/2021) has MSRP at $59,160
1633539422119.png
1633539396928.png
1633539372343.png

Last edited:

Moondogger

Reaction score
just checked in to catch up. Up early as flew in from Italy yesterday. site is live. still some tweaks needed, couldn't order a 22' brochure but chould, in aother area, ask for updates for 22'. built my truck and the base price went up a few hundred dollars along with the 100.00 shipping increase we know about. adv. safety group and tech group doesn't appear to be an option on limited longhorn. My truck was built with all of what I ordered including both ASG and Tech Group. Truck should be at the dealer any day. So maybe mine will be one of a kind and sell at a premium come resale time.
Yeah, it makes me think there will be some "unicorn" trucks built with options that have been discontinued that 5 years down the line could increase resale value.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or that it's a "fossil fuel" truck because everything will be electric by then.....
haha, but it will be offset by the fact that it's a "Covid Era" truck.
Damn Guys ya'll are just depressing!! Maybe unfounded but I'm afraid that the politicians are going to put so much regulation/restrictions/taxes etc on fossil fuels that our trucks will be rendered worthless! Now I'm taking the tin foil hat off!

rrutkf80

Reaction score
So what is the current number of 1500's that have driven off the production line at this point. Just curious, mine was ordered on 050921. Hunting season is fast approaching and I have nothing to haul my 30 ft Camper out to the property I hunt on in mid November. I'm going to have to borrow a truck to get it out there, if my truck doesn't get hatched real soon.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
I ordered in July from MD and have seen no movement either. I wondered the same thing about ordering again to see if it would show up sooner, but I will try to remain patient.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what is the current number of 1500's that have driven off the production line at this point. Just curious, mine was ordered on 050921. Hunting season is fast approaching and I have nothing to haul my 30 ft Camper out to the property I hunt on in mid November. I'm going to have to borrow a truck to get it out there, if my truck doesn't get hatched real soon.
per triple_B's spreadsheet, 13,942 trucks have been issued Window Stickers (i.e., they've been released from the factory and are on the way to dealers).

mophead

Reaction score
It's likely some combination of parts. Like, we can build 3000 trucks with the sunroof and 2000 with the 33-gallon tank and 1000 with the MFT. As a simplified example, they can either build 3000 trucks (1000 with all 3, 1000 with sunroof and 33 gallon tank, 1000 sunroof only) OR they can build 6000 trucks where the features don't overlap.

If you do that same analysis over all the parts that go into the trucks, you'll see builds with all features (and all combinations), but there is optimization going on to get the most trucks built with the "limited" supply of certain parts.
There it is...follow the money. They have these beans sliced down to the sub-atomic free radical quark level. Logarithms sell trucks

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you haven't received a build sheet yet, I don't think there is any chance you get your truck before hunting season. There are guys here who received their build sheets mid-September and their trucks haven't even left the SHAP area. So, I'd start asking around for a truck to borrow.

mophead

Reaction score
Can't order a Laramie Quad... yet anyways. I sure hope they fix that. A BH is building out @ $56,035 quite bit north of my 2021 Laramie build

Users who are viewing this thread