5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, they're going to keep adding to the list. And since they're not finishing the old orders first, then there will constantly be older orders that aren't being completed.
I really think all the stuff we have on our truck (MFT, Ram Box, Tech Package for me, Pano Sunroof for you) really puts the logistics in a bind. Being fairly sure geographic region plays a role in production, it could be a while before the logistics work themselves out. Amazing how wrong I was to assume that all things equal, a lower vin ordered from a volume dealer would go relatively quickly. Then again, if it WAS sequential, this would just now be the week where I might start seeing movement so maybe it's the seemingly huge randomness of production that makes it feel like mine is way behind. After all, production is only 3 weeks in.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I think there's a glitch in the matrix (and their servers are getting inundated) for the Ramtrucks.com site.....there's inconsistency in the navigation through the site right now......

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really think all the stuff we have on our truck (MFT, Ram Box, Tech Package for me, Pano Sunroof for you) really puts the logistics in a bind. Being fairly sure geographic region plays a role in production, it could be a while before the logistics work themselves out. Amazing how wrong I was to assume that all things equal, a lower vin ordered from a volume dealer would go relatively quickly. Then again, if it WAS sequential, this would just now be the week where I might start seeing movement so maybe it's the seemingly huge randomness of production that makes it feel like mine is way behind. After all, production is only 3 weeks in.
I've been wondering if there's truly a "part" that is holding things up. But I can't find one that's under-represented in the build sheets.

For example, 29.94% of the build sheets I've collected have the panoramic sunroof. That's thousands of them...so that's not it.

n00ber

Reaction score
but you have to take into account they are not building them in order.
No, they're going to keep adding to the list.
It was hypothetical based off the 93,365 orders chart that you posted yesterday bigdodge. So even if they build them out of order 1k built per day would have everyone's built at the least.

I know they will never stop taking orders, and likely come this time next year peoples orders will be shifting from MY22 to 23 against their will.

Should have made it clear I was doing that new math 😂

firedfly

Reaction score
I've been wondering if there's truly a "part" that is holding things up. But I can't find one that's under-represented in the build sheets.

For example, 29.94% of the build sheets I've collected have the panoramic sunroof. That's thousands of them...so that's not it.
It's likely some combination of parts. Like, we can build 3000 trucks with the sunroof and 2000 with the 33-gallon tank and 1000 with the MFT. As a simplified example, they can either build 3000 trucks (1000 with all 3, 1000 with sunroof and 33 gallon tank, 1000 sunroof only) OR they can build 6000 trucks where the features don't overlap.

If you do that same analysis over all the parts that go into the trucks, you'll see builds with all features (and all combinations), but there is optimization going on to get the most trucks built with the "limited" supply of certain parts.

n00ber

Reaction score

Perhaps we are looking at this the wrong way, its just one of the assembly lines is missing an 8mm socket lol.

But seriously, what about the Dana plants? Maybe its a broader issue.

deanno33

Reaction score
Being fairly sure geographic region plays a role in production
My dealer told me that he feels this is the biggest culprit for some of us. Midwest (WI) had a huge backlog to begin with. Who knows anymore. My patience running thin is only because I need a truck for a planned trip in Nov. Since my order just sits in D, I need to find a plan B which sucks.

Markvv

Reaction score

I'm sure there's multiple parts that could be causing delays. But I know the ram Canada site for big horn b&p now has two tow packages one without ttpms and one with. The one without says limited availability. I know my truck waited a week in storage for something. So maybe there's a limited amount of ttpms or just tpm sensors in general.

crzyworm623

Reaction score
Just built out my Rebel and everything looked to match what I ordered. A few observations:

1. I thought there were supposed to be hitch LED lights in the Tow Group - don't see it listed.
2. See a new Trailer Surround-View Camera System option listed. I read about that being added for 2022. $1,095 option
3. See a new Paint Protection Film option. $765 option
4. See a Tow-Assist Kit under additional interior features. Curious what that is. Only $195 option

Just to add a few other noticed changes, as I have been interested in the Rebel for a while now.

MSRP: increased $1730
Trailer Tow Group: lost features and increased from $995 to $1690 ... quite a big jump, and the only one I see that had a price increase. (looking at other models the tow group is 895 for same options, so maybe a website issue)
No more Maximum Steel Color

About a month ago I was at a dealer and they built a 2020 Rebel for me, and gave me the G/T package printout.... It included Ventilated seats, The 2022 build site does not list ventilated seats. The Canadian Ram Site does include ventilated seats in the G/T package. Bummer if this is the case.

I am glad to see that the ASG is still there, as the dealer I went to didn't have the option at the time.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's likely some combination of parts. Like, we can build 3000 trucks with the sunroof and 2000 with the 33-gallon tank and 1000 with the MFT. As a simplified example, they can either build 3000 trucks (1000 with all 3, 1000 with sunroof and 33 gallon tank, 1000 sunroof only) OR they can build 6000 trucks where the features don't overlap.

If you do that same analysis over all the parts that go into the trucks, you'll see builds with all features (and all combinations), but there is optimization going on to get the most trucks built with the "limited" supply of certain parts.
This is exactly what I think is going on which is why so many of us with loaded models are still in D. The exceptions have been trucks in closer proximity to SHAP that are going to be thrown on a train with a ton of other built units. So, in that case, the logistics of shipping are moving some of those loaded Rebels and Limiteds to the front of the line.

With shortages continued, we might get clues to point towards this like a reduction in the number of total trucks churned out each week.

firedfly

Reaction score
The exceptions have been trucks in closer proximity to SHAP that are going to be thrown on a train with a ton of other built units. So, in that case, the logistics of shipping are moving some of those loaded Rebels and Limiteds to the front of the line.
The destination of the trucks is likely another factor as you said. Between logistics of shipping and some factor to make sure all dealers have trucks being built (whether sold or for the lot), we end up with a cluster****.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now I'm super happy that the ram truck site is updated. This will hold me over for the next week. So I won't b!tch and complain about my build...lol.

Trust me in saying that in person, I'm not like this, in fact, I'm an introvert.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I have faith in the next two weeks it’s going to pick up. Only because ram chat implied my truck should be scheduled in the next 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeypunch

Reaction score
The destination of the trucks is likely another factor as you said. Between logistics of shipping and some factor to make sure all dealers have trucks being built (whether sold or for the lot), we end up with a cluster****.
And your proof that is BS. Both kwkslvr and I also ordered limiteds from MD. And we don't have build sheets yet. I think RAM is just incompetent.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Just to add a few other noticed changes, as I have been interested in the Rebel for a while now.

MSRP: increased $1730
Trailer Tow Group: lost features and increased from $995 to $1690 ... quite a big jump, and the only one I see that had a price increase. (looking at other models the tow group is 895 for same options, so maybe a website issue)
No more Maximum Steel Color

About a month ago I was at a dealer and they built a 2020 Rebel for me, and gave me the G/T package printout.... It included Ventilated seats, The 2022 build site does not list ventilated seats. The Canadian Ram Site does include ventilated seats in the G/T package. Bummer if this is the case.

I am glad to see that the ASG is still there, as the dealer I went to didn't have the option at the time.
Could be a website issue with the Trailer Tow Group as it's still $895 on the Laramie and Big Horn. ASG is still there, but no longer for Laramie which I think is silly. I really want ASG but I hate the goofy 12-inch screen so I don't want to climb up to Limited. Oh well. I can live without it. I also noticed the Navigation option has increased quite a bit, although I don't know why anyone would need it with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto these days.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And your proof that is BS. Both kwkslvr and I also ordered limiteds from MD. And we don't have build sheets yet. I think RAM is just incompetent.
I ordered a couple of days before both of you and still in "D" Also Limited from MD. so apparently ordering from a large volume dealer means absolutely nothing in regards to getting priority on production/delivery time frames!

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I ordered a couple of days before both of you and still in "D" Also Limited from MD. so apparently ordering from a large volume dealer means absolutely nothing in regards to getting priority on production/delivery time frames!
Apparently it's helping if you ordered in July or August....

Users who are viewing this thread