5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What ? were is this build sheet? The link I have says I have non
Dang, man. Sorry. False alarm. I was looking at the list on my phone and saw the wrong one. You don't have a build sheet yet. But if you're in paint, then you should have one soon.

Bavet

Reaction score
Just stopped in to see my dealer and he showed me an email that stated Ram is doing away with all supplier, affiliate, employee, etc discounts starting in October. He sent a response asking if it applies to sold orders but didn't get a response back while I was there. Jeep and Dodge as well.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just stopped in to see my dealer and he showed me an email that stated Ram is doing away with all supplier, affiliate, employee, etc discounts starting in October. He sent a response asking if it applies to sold orders but didn't get a response back while I was there. Jeep and Dodge as well.

If that is even remotely true, they will loose a lot of folks to other manufacturers. It’s just as simple as that.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I am not surprised with all the trucks pre sold already.

management seeing dollars!!

22RebelGT

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised at all. With current demand all they will see is potential profit sadly!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not surprised with all the trucks pre sold already.

management seeing dollars!!

Who is to say that pre-orders aren’t affected. Some dealers are happy to place an order, but not make any promises on price. They will only show msrp.

Once the truck is physically on the lot, let the dealer games begin…because the dealer can say no to the price, or that specific discount doesn’t apply since it’s been several months.

Just saying…not all dealers play by the same rules. Some will do anything to keep that truck you ordered, because of low inventory.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

n00ber

Reaction score
Who is to say that pre-orders aren’t affected. Some dealers are happy to place an order, but not make any promises on price. They will only show msrp.

Once the truck is physically on the lot, let the dealer games begin…because the dealer can say no to the price, or that specific discount doesn’t apply since it’s been several months.

Just saying…not all dealers play by the same rules. Some will do anything to keep that truck you ordered, because of low inventory.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

My dealer didn't lock in my price at all, so whatever the price is at the time is what I will be looking at, on top of that I only get what deals are around at the time it's at the lot (if it gets there lol)

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

there are not too many here that have a firm price on a sold order

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
this might be a reason no window stickers have been released.

Coltfreaks

Reaction score
I hope this does not apply to sold orders. My supplier discount accounts for $6k.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I am under the impression that all of us with orders through Mark Dodge are locked in.

I saved the emails just for that reason!! Ohhh and the text too!! But if you look at the paper work you signed it says they CAN change the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saved the emails just for that reason!! Ohhh and the text too!! But if you look at the paper work you signed it says they CAN change the price

It sucks...doesn't it.

I might sound a little negative...its actually the opposite. I want us to be well informed, when it's time to pick up our fancy rigs at the dealer. We can hold them (dealers) accountable for anything we want, and we have the power to say yes or no to any deal. Even report them to Stellantis/BBB for shady practice, especially in this tough car/truck market.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
It sucks...doesn't it.

I might sound a little negative...its actually the opposite. I want us to be well informed, when it's time to pick up our fancy rigs at the dealer. We can hold them (dealers) accountable for anything we want, and we have the power to say yes or no to any deal. Even report them to Stellantis/BBB for shady practice, especially in this tough car/truck market.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

110% agree. I would/will flip **** if they try to change something up after this long wait. Especially with the thought I could already have another truck in hand if MD didn’t give such a good deal

Bavet

Reaction score
Update: Dealer said orders are price protected. Usually he gets my control number for me but they are clamping down on dealers doing that for customers. So I had to get it myself and send it to him to put in my file.

jchuchla

Reaction score
You guys signed papework and/or negotiated a price when you ordered? My dealer doesn't do that until it arrives. All I get at order time is MSRP as a ballpark on the printed order sheet and all I give them is $250 to place the order. No other paperwork, no signature. It's always worked out fine on the last few I've ordered. But I guess there's always a first time.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
You guys signed papework and/or negotiated a price when you ordered? My dealer doesn't do that until it arrives. All I get at order time is MSRP as a ballpark on the printed order sheet and all I give them is $250 to place the order. No other paperwork, no signature. It's always worked out fine on the last few I've ordered. But I guess there's always a first time.
Yeah. No way I would order without knowing the price ahead of time. If the dealer is unwilling to work on a price at the time of ordering, they are just trying ascert power over you and the purchase. Too much money is being spent to play their games.

Users who are viewing this thread