5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

franky1397z

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Laramie night edition build sheet they would be willing to share? Never read one before and curious

2022 Laramie Crew Cab, 5.7L w/ eTorque, 5' 7" Bed, Silver Billet, Night Edition, 26 Gal, BUG, Level B Equipment, Uconnect 5 w/ 8.4"
Order Placed 9/4/21
VIN171636
Brotha, our trucks are only a few numbers apart.

Randboye

Reaction score

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I know a lot of us may have anxiety about the upcoming production increase and its effect on workers and/or quality.....a couple things to keep in mind.....
  • One, this type of activity has been going on since the beginning of time so nothing new. ("Forced" extra hours)
  • Two, we should look at this as glass half full of Stellantis doing their best to get all of us our new ride sooner...
  • Three, those workers will be getting handsome paychecks which they deserve and I'm sure a lot of them need.....so I would say a lion's share of them will be happy for the OT they are receiving to compensate them for their additional time.
  • Quality could be affected, but there are A LOT of checks/balances (quality checks) in modern production and RAM wins a lot of initial quality awards due to those efforts. For the most part, the length of the workday per day isn't increasing so the workers still get plenty of rest.
  • THINK POSITIVE!! :D:D

kenrs

Reaction score
Hey just snoopin' around on the old inter-webs again.....FYI there are a couple pictures of the Limited (RED) edition that's coming as well as the TRX Ignition Edition. The Blue Shade Limited still seems to be a trade secret.......

Looks like MAYBE a couple new shots of Rebel & Laramie G/T as well as BackCountry as well.....

Thanks for sharing the link - How does this effect the options we have already ordered? Quick example:

I ordered the ASG on my Rebel, but per the Product Info from that link, ASG is showing NA for Rebel. There is now a new Rebel Safety Group that doesn't have as many features as ASG. Plus, it looks like there were some additions to ASG for 2022 over 2021.

2021 ASG
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp-Control
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • Parallel and Perpendicular Park-Assist with Stop
  • Pedestrian Emergency Braking
  • Surround-View Camera System
2022 ASG
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Go and Hold
  • Blind-spot Monitoring with trailer coverage and Rear Cross Path detection
  • Head-up Display
  • Lane Departure Warning-Plus
  • Pedestrian Protection
  • Surround View camera
  • SmartBeam headlamps
  • Rain-sensitive wipers
  • ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist
2022 Rebel Safety Group
  • Forward Collision Mitigation
  • Automatic high-beam headlamps
I noticed some other package/feature differences on Rebel too. Just curious how this will effect our builds. Will these have different sales codes and they will just build per the sales codes on the POC? Or, will they uplift the Rebel to the newer ASG since it was ordered with ASG? So many questions. I'm going to call my sales rep next week and talk with her about it.

DTol

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the link - How does this effect the options we have already ordered? Quick example:

I ordered the ASG on my Rebel, but per the Product Info from that link, ASG is showing NA for Rebel. There is now a new Rebel Safety Group that doesn't have as many features as ASG. Plus, it looks like there were some additions to ASG for 2022 over 2021.

2021 ASG
  • Lane Keep Assist
2022 ASG
  • Head-up Display
  • Pedestrian Protection
  • Surround View camera
  • SmartBeam headlamps
  • Rain-sensitive wipers
2022 Rebel Safety Group
I noticed some other package/feature differences on Rebel too. Just curious how this will effect our builds. Will these have different sales codes and they will just build per the sales codes on the POC? Or, will they uplift the Rebel to the newer ASG since it was ordered with ASG? So many questions. I'm going to call my sales rep next week and talk with her about it.
Pretty clear picture of what is happening with the group modifications. I think these kind of changes are going to happen pretty regularly based on availability of parts. You get what is available when you put your order in.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very true, but I would hate to know I had to work 90 days straight regardless of how strenuous the job is. But I’m retired so I’m spoiled!!
Yeah, hopefully I'm not coming off as anti-employee/union, but the point I want to highlight is that shift work is not desirable and you are right, lack of workers to fill these jobs does put a lot of hours on those willing to work. It's more a statement about our current , lazy US workforce :)

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully I'm not coming off as anti-employee/union, but the point I want to highlight is that shift work is not desirable and you are right, lack of workers to fill these jobs does put a lot of hours on those willing to work. It's more a statement about our current , lazy US workforce :)
thanks for the clarification!:)

Reactions: Jtr

truckless

Reaction score
Yea I'm unfortunately thinking 6 months for the majority of us. Between the chip shortages, supply shortages and worker shortages everywhere, I just don't see it being less than that unless you are incredibly lucky. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Well....that places me into at least January. Sold my 2019 3500 Limited at a profit and with both my wife and I working from home, I can wait until the majority of northern Canadian winter has passed by :)

Red Cat

Reaction score
I may have missed this somewhere but do we know if they are building trucks with both 6'4" and 5'7" beds?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I may have missed this somewhere but do we know if they are building trucks with both 6'4" and 5'7" beds?
Here's the breakdown on the 49 build sheets I've seen. triple_B is compiling the data for the ~4000 trucks built thus far, and we'll have more comprehensive info soon.
37 - Crew Cab 5'-7" (75.5%)
5 - Crew Cab 6'-4" (10.2%)
7 - Quad Cab 6'-4" (14.3%)

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Here's the breakdown on the 49 build sheets I've seen. triple_B is compiling the data for the ~4000 trucks built thus far, and we'll have more comprehensive info soon.
37 - Crew Cab 5'-7" (75.5%)
5 - Crew Cab 6'-4" (10.2%)
7 - Quad Cab 6'-4" (14.3%)
Too many peasant 5'7" beds. They need to build more 6'4" man beds!!!!!!

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I know a lot of us may have anxiety about the upcoming production increase and its effect on workers and/or quality.....a couple things to keep in mind.....
  • One, this type of activity has been going on since the beginning of time so nothing new. ("Forced" extra hours)
  • Two, we should look at this as glass half full of Stellantis doing their best to get all of us our new ride sooner...
  • Three, those workers will be getting handsome paychecks which they deserve and I'm sure a lot of them need.....so I would say a lion's share of them will be happy for the OT they are receiving to compensate them for their additional time.
  • Quality could be affected, but there are A LOT of checks/balances (quality checks) in modern production and RAM wins a lot of initial quality awards due to those efforts. For the most part, the length of the workday per day isn't increasing so the workers still get plenty of rest.
  • THINK POSITIVE!! :D:D
Also they aren’t slaves. They chose this career and job. If they didn’t like it or if it was that bad they could just quit.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
IMO the mandatory 7 day operation might be misconstrued here as every worker has to work 7 days. I'm thinking they just need to fill shifts so people still won't be working 7 days for months, they know that's just not gonna happen. They can fill shifts without making every worker in the plant doing 7 days.

22DTEco

Reaction score
IMO the mandatory 7 day operation might be misconstrued here as every worker has to work 7 days. I'm thinking they just need to fill shifts so people still won't be working 7 days for months, they know that's just not gonna happen. They can fill shifts without making every worker in the plant doing 7 days.
Common sense says that should be the case, but that doesn't always align with the reality of expectations in a production environment. I'm hoping most of the workers just see this as a chance to fill their coffers with them overtime duckets.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score

2021 ASG
  • Lane Keep Assist
2022 ASG
  • Head-up Display
  • Pedestrian Protection
  • Surround View camera
  • SmartBeam headlamps
  • Rain-sensitive wipers
2022 Rebel Safety Group
Take the packaging info with a HUGE grain of salt. There is a considerable amount of obsolete and/or incorrect info on this marketing site. Main thing I look for is the photos and even some of them are incorrect too. Hopefully some physical trucks and/or Monroney stickers will clear some air....

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/