5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

22DTEco

Reaction score
I think your dealer held your order for a couple of days. I ordered on 6/26 and my VIN ends in ibhave an order date and a date modified

I think your dealer held your order for a couple of days. I ordered on 6/26 and my VIN ends in 119160
I have an order date and an order modified date on the order sheet... maybe that mod made a difference? 🤷‍♂️

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty here is another for your list...

1C6SRFHM5NN121956

Order date 6/21 and last I heard I was in D status.
And FYI, your VIN corresponds with an order date of 7/10. So I think your order sat for a few weeks before it was entered or accepted.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you have been watching they are not building them in any kind of number order.
so vin number makes no difference
I know that, never said they were. It was purely informational that although his order was placed with the dealer on 6/21, the dealer sat on it for a while. No idea where it was stated or implied that it affected the order in which his truck, or any of our trucks, would be built

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I know that, never said they were. It was purely informational that although his order was placed with the dealer on 6/21, the dealer sat on it for a while. No idea where it was stated or implied that it affected the order in which his truck, or any of our trucks, would be built
mine was sat on for a week.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
because the person I posted said so.
doesn't matter when ordered they made changes for 2022

contact him and let him confirm or say you are correct.
I ordered 6/18, after pricing but WAY before they juggled the packages. I have been assured MANY times from MD that my truck will be built as ordered and coinciding with the POC at the date of order.

If that is indeed the case there will be MY22 trim levels with widely varying options, which I think would be a production nightmare and a cluster in the used market in a few years. However, I cannot imagine them building early orders to the new configurations without giving us the opportunity to adjust our selections to align with the new packages.

But what the hell do I know, I've never built a car/truck!! So I'm just going to wait it out, see what happens. If built as ordered, fine and good. If not, I'll have a choice to cancel and reorder OR take it and immediately flip it and order another one!

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I ordered 6/18, after pricing but WAY before they juggled the packages. I have been assured MANY times from MD that my truck will be built as ordered and coinciding with the POC at the date of order.

If that is indeed the case there will be MY22 trim levels with widely varying options, which I think would be a production nightmare and a cluster in the used market in a few years. However, I cannot imagine them building early orders to the new configurations without giving us the opportunity to adjust our selections to align with the new packages.

But what the hell do I know, I've never built a car/truck!! So I'm just going to wait it out, see what happens. If built as ordered, fine and good. If not, I'll have a choice to cancel and reorder OR take it and immediately flip it and order another one!
Same, though I did not order from MD. The most recent POC my dealer sent me (which is dated well after all the changes) still shows my original build with no changes, so it seems like my order will be built as-ordered without reference to any changes.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
No Limiteds :rolleyes:
I noticed that too...not sure what to think of that....
@Eighty here's my full VIN since that seems to be more helpful than partials: 1C6SRFHMXNN122391
Blue Limited, Diesel, Fully loaded except sunroof and towing packages
Welcome to the Limited EcoDiesel club!! And glad to know I'm not the only one out here that doesn't want the Moonroof

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

Welcome to the Limited EcoDiesel club!! And glad to know I'm not the only one out here that doesn't want the Moonroof
I don't have an EcoDiesel but, I, too, forwent the Pano Moonroof on my '22 Limited. I went with the Pano Moonroof on my '19 (didn't have much of a choice because it was an impulse buy from a dealer), but realized the only time I ever used it was the first time I drove the truck. After that, I realized that I much prefer the quiet purr of the A/C than the loud roar of the open moonroof, and since I live somewhere the sun never seems to leave, I never kept the shade open to enjoy the view because it would just cause the cabin to heat up.

Yoodie

Reaction score
It can mean a few things from what I understand, but in this case, it's because it doesn't have a VIN yet.
I believe dealer stock is also 99. That is what supposedly drives the sold order priority. Although that doesnt seem super accurate these days.

Reaction score

There's two of us! Diesel was a no brainer for me.

I don't have an EcoDiesel but, I, too, forwent the Pano Moonroof on my '22 Limited. I went with the Pano Moonroof on my '19 (didn't have much of a choice because it was an impulse buy from a dealer), but realized the only time I ever used it was the first time I drove the truck. After that, I realized that I much prefer the quiet purr of the A/C than the loud roar of the open moonroof, and since I live somewhere the sun never seems to leave, I never kept the shade open to enjoy the view because it would just cause the cabin to heat up.

I live at 7k feet so it's either snowing or there's enough UV to fry you in minutes, so the moonroof seemed pretty unnecessary. I have it on my current SUV and I'm not sure I've ever had it open.

Users who are viewing this thread