5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
@Eighty - Just checked with the dealer, my ship date was pushed a day later to 9/24.
Also checked with them that they do accept the Tread Lightly affiliate discount of 1% under invoice.

Question, how do you come up with what 1% actually is? 1% of the MSRP or 1% of invoice?
1 % of invoice on the pink sheet they get with the truck there will be MSRP, Invoice, PP(Preffered price), EP(Employee price). Youll be looking at PP.

Also worth noting usually their pricing sheet is not given to the buyer. the control code you will get is supposed to be the "key" if you would, to be able to see the dealers invoice sheet.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Some will try to interpret it as a political issue, I'm just stating facts. If no one's working no supplies no supplies no truck.
Some or making more not to work than if they went to work . I know as I have extended family members that's riding that ship.
Don't take anything I say personally. Just hope they have enough supplies to build ours as I have waited 22 years to get a new one.
I didn't take it personally. Just don't say you don't want to make it political and then make it political. You are stating an interpretation and extrapolating it to a larger population.

R3RAM

Reaction score
1 % of invoice on the pink sheet they get with the truck there will be MSRP, Invoice, PP(Preffered price), EP(Employee price). Youll be looking at PP.

Also worth noting usually their pricing sheet is not given to the buyer. the control code you will get is supposed to be the "key" if you would, to be able to see the dealers invoice sheet.
Excellent, thanks for the info!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still D status. Canadian order from November 2020 lol
Is that even possible?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Hasti17

Reaction score
Someone who has tread lightly membership currently all set. go to https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/ and try to sign up with your tread lightly membership for an account. how it worked for me is my company provides me a "company Code" unique to the business and i must Provide that to make an account, once i have the account i can just submit to get a unique control ID issued by FCA to bring to the dealer( I'm only allowed 2 per year). wondering if the same process applies to tread lightly or if you just need the membership card

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Is that even possible?

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Apparently lol. I still have my 2012 so that’s a plus

Hasti17

Reaction score
That is a great question… me and my step dad bought trucks the same day. Neither has shown up
well you *asked* to buy a truck, Stellantis must have a bone to pick with that dealer, or you guys made someone very important very mad

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone who has tread lightly membership currently all set. go to https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/ and try to sign up with your tread lightly membership for an account. how it worked for me is my company provides me a "company Code" unique to the business and i must Provide that to make an account, once i have the account i can just submit to get a unique control ID issued by FCA to bring to the dealer( I'm only allowed 2 per year). wondering if the same process applies to tread lightly or if you just need the membership card
Yeah..it works for tread lightly. I should look something like this..after I redline my stuff out...
22606cbd4c7fee311f04561ec0559f23.jpg

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

shepboyrd

Reaction score
My salesman just asked for my membership number

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My salesman just asked for my membership number
You should have received a welcome packet and an email with you status on it

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

SunnyS

Reaction score
Excellent, thanks for the info!
Not sure this Tread lightly program is even worth it. I always made the deal at my dealer for half of the holdback amount witch is 3% of invoice number . If you have a 50k invoice that 1% will be 500 of course it is a variable number to the invoice amount on both ways to make the deal. Not sure I can get another discount above the holdback but will ask before spending the 100 on the tread lightly program.Every little bit helps.

R3RAM

Reaction score
I just signed up and the email states that after the mandatory 30 days, you need to bring your welcome letter to the dealership during your purchase. It didn't mention signing up, but that may be what your dealer tells you once you get there.

R3RAM

Reaction score
Not sure this Tread lightly program is even worth it. I always made the deal at my dealer for half of the holdback amount witch is 3% of invoice number . If you have a 50k invoice that 1% will be 500 of course it is a variable number to the invoice amount on both ways to make the deal. Not sure I can get another discount above the holdback but will ask before spending the 100 on the tread lightly program.Every little bit helps.
Seems given the current times we are in, dealers (at least here in the Northeast) aren't giving too many discounts off MSRP. The Tread Lightly puts you 1% under invoice without having to negotiate.
I checked on a truck at my dealer and they are only taking $2500 off MSRP and my buddy just bought a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie Night Edition for MSRP, most dealers are $5000 over MSRP on 2500's up here!

I'm still trying to understand how some of you are getting these crazy discounts on these trucks, over 10% and even higher.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You need both the membership letter and the control code with Tread Lightly.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems given the current times we are in, dealers (at least here in the Northeast) aren't giving too many discounts off MSRP. The Tread Lightly puts you 1% under invoice without having to negotiate.
I checked on a truck at my dealer and they are only taking $2500 off MSRP and my buddy just bought a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie Night Edition for MSRP, most dealers are $5000 over MSRP on 2500's up here!

I'm still trying to understand how some of you are getting these crazy discounts on these trucks, over 10% and even higher.
That information is in another thread my friend. However, like you, it's super hard to find those 10% + off of msrp ( I live in the northeast as well). There is plenty of info in the "how to negotiate off of msrp" thread. Right now in these times, I'm super happy with 1% under invoice with tread lightly.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So many different factors man. I walked into my dealer with a print out of the NADA pricing and mentioned that I knew what the invoice was but didn't bust out the actual number till later. They came back offering me that price and then I got them to nudge down a bit lower.

I think they knew they would have to give me at least invoice, since I knew what it was, or I would walk, so for them it was ~10% off but a pretty big sale, or no sale at all. And I think it actually helped that it was a factory order, if it was on the lot they would have probably told me to get lost because someone would walk in literally 15 minutes later and offer them MSPRP.

Users who are viewing this thread