5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Hi all, just joining this thread as a current 2019 Classic Warlock owner. Have been tossing around whether to buy/upgrade the last month or so, but having read that the 22's are coming soon, I have held off my order and have been mostly researching, which lead me to this thread.

My main question ... I know that no one knows when the 22's will be announced formally, with a list of any changes, and a way to build one on the website with pricing etc .... but how can Stellantis start building 22's soon when none of us know what the formal changes in the new models will be? Granted they aren't going to be huge changes, but it seems like that info is something they'd want to get out to the public asap.

All a bit confusing to me ... if someone can explain in layman terms, that would help a lot :) To give a sense of my confusion, I started off with a custom build on a new Warlock, then decided I wanted the extra cool bits such as Advanced Safety that the Rebel offers, then read on here they are dropping Advanced Safety on Rebels so I started looked at Big Horns/Laramies which I can't get my head around ... I prefer the aggressive look of the Warlock/Rebel :ROFLMAO:

MrDazana

Reaction score
My sales manager at the dealer i placed an order too told me he had to provide proof of sale to RAM to prove he actually had an actuall client for it. This was 3 weeks ago. I guess alot of dealers are trying get a hold on as many trucks as possible or they want to honor sold orders first.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, just joining this thread as a current 2019 Classic Warlock owner. Have been tossing around whether to buy/upgrade the last month or so, but having read that the 22's are coming soon, I have held off my order and have been mostly researching, which lead me to this thread.

My main question ... I know that no one knows when the 22's will be announced formally, with a list of any changes, and a way to build one on the website with pricing etc .... but how can Stellantis start building 22's soon when none of us know what the formal changes in the new models will be? Granted they aren't going to be huge changes, but it seems like that info is something they'd want to get out to the public asap.

All a bit confusing to me ... if someone can explain in layman terms, that would help a lot :) To give a sense of my confusion, I started off with a custom build on a new Warlock, then decided I wanted the extra cool bits such as Advanced Safety that the Rebel offers, then read on here they are dropping Advanced Safety on Rebels so I started looked at Big Horns/Laramies which I can't get my head around ... I prefer the aggressive look of the Warlock/Rebel :ROFLMAO:
Well, that's a good question. To be honest, the situation is a bit retarded right now. There are about 72,000 orders in the system for 2022's, with nothing coherent having been published on what is available to order. Most/all of us have taken what we know from the 2021's and gone to a dealer to see if it can be built like that. Dealers have the most information right now. Unfortunately, there is a lot of speculation and surprise changes that you won't know about until you place an order. Toss in the fact that Ram is changing the rules on a daily basis (i.e., the order that I placed on 5/20 can't be placed today). So it's a moving target. Really the best information you're likely to get is by reading the current website, scouring the forums for anecdotes of what's available/unavailable, then sitting down with a dealer to take a stab at configuring the truck you'd like to build. But if/when you decide to do that, be ready to place the order - the options you choose may not be available the following day.
I am betting that Ram will update the website for 2022 models when they actually start the 2022 builds (hopefully this weekend). But I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen - it seems fairly clear that Ram doesn't really know what they can/can't build right now.

DTol

Reaction score
Well, that's a good question. To be honest, the situation is a bit retarded right now. There are about 72,000 orders in the system for 2022's, with nothing coherent having been published on what is available to order. Most/all of us have taken what we know from the 2021's and gone to a dealer to see if it can be built like that. Dealers have the most information right now. Unfortunately, there is a lot of speculation and surprise changes that you won't know about until you place an order. Toss in the fact that Ram is changing the rules on a daily basis (i.e., the order that I placed on 5/20 can't be placed today). So it's a moving target. Really the best information you're likely to get is by reading the current website, scouring the forums for anecdotes of what's available/unavailable, then sitting down with a dealer to take a stab at configuring the truck you'd like to build. But if/when you decide to do that, be ready to place the order - the options you choose may not be available the following day.
I am betting that Ram will update the website for 2022 models when they actually start the 2022 builds (hopefully this weekend). But I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen - it seems fairly clear that Ram doesn't really know what they can/can't build right now.
72000 orders at 6000 per week means that they could (if they could get up and running on a steady basis) finish those in 3 months. Don't think 2022 is going to be a regular production year for them. Going on strike has me worried. Hopefully they can get the first 5 or 6 thousand trucks out next week.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
72000 orders at 6000 per week means that they could (if they could get up and running on a steady basis) finish those in 3 months. Don't think 2022 is going to be a regular production year for them. Going on strike has me worried. Hopefully they can get the first 5 or 6 thousand trucks out next week.
Well, they are going to continue to take orders throughout the year. They just have a ~3-month backlog before they even start. I wish I knew how many orders they had in-hand when they started up the 2021 production. I've heard a few comments recently that there were no new orders being accepted (may have just been a brief pause), and I would imagine that they would be pushing back on any further backlog until they can get things going.
Just doing some fun math here. Orders have been open for 3 months, and they have a 3-month backlog. So theoretically, at 6000 trucks/week, they could continue taking orders at the same pace until 3 months before they stop producing. Basically just roll forward with a constant 3-month backlog of orders.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
We probably need to keep the politics to a minimum. There are forum rules.

Bad news....ZF just went on strike yesterday.

Workers for an auto parts supplier in Marysville went on strike on Thursday morning after the company reneged on a neutrality agreement to recognize union representation, according to the United Auto Workers.
There are 340 workers striking, UAW spokesman Brian Rothenberg said. ZF spokesman Tony Sapienza said about a dozen are demonstrating at the plant, but that a majority of employees have shown up to work, and production continues. It was not immediately clear how many workers are at the plant.

Lastly, i did ask my buddy and he hasn't heard anything. He has heard rumors that they are getting laid off again next week though. Again, just a rumor, but nothing on MY22 starting.
damn....

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that the 6000/week target has probably never been hit. :p

I am guessing that number may be more realistic with a slimmed down option list, but who knows.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that the 6000/week target has probably never been hit. :p

I am guessing that number may be more realistic with a slimmed down option list, but who knows.
Wasn't it mentioned they intend on going for 8k per week after a 10 day ramp up from start of 22's? this is gonna be a whole clusterfuck, I would love to be a fly on the wall at those operations meetings.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6k was the goal that was never hit based on the information that people have found and posted.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I'm just waiting for production to start in the first place. Then maybe I'll have a better chance at figuring out whether I will EVER get my truck lol

DTol

Reaction score
6k was the goal that was never hit based on the information that people have found and posted.
Well, I just want them to get one done. Betcha can't guess which one that is. :giggle:

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
Just curious...I know some people have gone back to C status after being in D1. Has anyone stayed in D1 that they know of?

Shawn19

Reaction score
Went to Napleton Dodge/Ram in Ellwood City. Im retired LE and was told they take care of us, so I gave them a shot. Seem like good people there. Its a smaller dealership.
I was looking at them and what they had in stock there…drove me away cause they were above MSRP, even when I called and asked. About it, they mentioned the market, shortages….
Thanks for your service!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6000 is the average production that I've seen from SHAP in the past several months (when they're working, obviously). It's based on the sporadic posts they make, such as this:

1631297706525.png

As you can see, they produced 6,177 trucks that week.

I don't remember the source now, but I distinctly recall seeing that their production goal for the balance of the year is 1,435 trucks/day (which is more like 7,000/week without Saturdays). But for the sake of consistency in "actual results", I'm keeping my assumption of 6,000/week.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to Napleton Dodge/Ram in Ellwood City. Im retired LE and was told they take care of us, so I gave them a shot. Seem like good people there. Its a smaller dealership.
I am also LE, got my 1st Ram from smaller dealer from around here, unfortunately they were not the best help when ordering so i bought that ram and resold it. Now i am on my second build and went with mark dodge. First ram i wa given a friends and family price. MD I am getting employee price minus other discount. Getting a by far bigger discount, only issues is getti g it shipped or drive it back. Eitber way i am saving alot more! May we can get a ram festival started here in western pa!

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Well checked on my truck and yes still D status. However some good news. The OEM night package rear tail lamps I ordered in June and have been on backorder forever finally came in today. Any dealers who had them weren't releasing them and I was told that they finally have sufficient inventory and began fulfilling their backorders.

BNeal

Reaction score
Well, that's a good question. To be honest, the situation is a bit retarded right now. There are about 72,000 orders in the system for 2022's, with nothing coherent having been published on what is available to order...
Wow! 72,000 ordered at, let's say $50k average - $3,600,000,000. That there is some serious lunch money!

Users who are viewing this thread