5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
Just read an article saying Ford is handling the chip shortage "better than most."

I would like to obtain some of whatever it is they are currently smoking.
Look i dont know of any company parking as many unfinished vehicles as ford, so i guess thats the method of success? They are certainly doing the best in that metric, wonder if their sites will be updated with (new) or (mostly new) to help buyers tell if the truck sat abandoned in michigan for 6-8 months before it shipped off to a dealer.

Shawn19

Reaction score
Well, they (Ford) are keeping people working, that’s something I guess.
I’d hate to be working for manufacturers or selling new cars in this climate.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Well, they (Ford) are keeping people working, that’s something I guess.
I’d hate to be working for manufacturers or selling new cars in this climate.
My company supplies parts for the big three, and we are seeing Massive spikes in our Cost of goods sold. as well as raw material shortages as far out as 6 months for products used in critical engine and exhaust components...
Over the last couple of weeks I started to form the opinion and that it seems like the computer chip shortage is just the beginning.

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My company supplies parts for the big three, and we are seeing Massive spikes in our Cost of goods sold. as well as raw material shortages as far out as 6 months for products used in critical engine and exhaust components...
Over the last couple of weeks I started to form the opinion and that it seems like the computer chip shortage is just the beginning.
You saying this makes me think it actually IS a good idea to try and get something now, especially if you have a vehicle older than 5 years, or it could be really difficult to get anything at all within the next year or so...

slatersan

Reaction score
Godspeed boys and girls. I'd be livid if I was waiting on an order.

slatersan

Reaction score
You saying this makes me think it actually IS a good idea to try and get something now, especially if you have a vehicle older than 5 years, or it could be really difficult to get anything at all within the next year or so...
As with most things lately, if you can find what you want and can afford it, consider buying asap or else you may find yourself in a worse position re: availability or cost in short time.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Godspeed boys and girls. I'd be livid if I was waiting on an order.
It's no fun, but as I get older I've learned to just let go of all the crap that is out of control. Getting annoyed/pissed/frustrated over stuff like this just needlessly raises blood pressure, ruins your own mood makes you someone that no one wants to be around.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's no fun, but as I get older I've learned to just let go of all the crap that is out of control. Getting annoyed/pissed/frustrated over stuff like this just needlessly raises blood pressure, ruins your own mood makes you someone that no one wants to be around.
Wise words from a wise man.

Got a pretty decent-sized and obvious scratch on my Mustang GT when I was 19, absolutely lost my mind, was utterly distraught and depressed. If I saw my younger self like that now I'd be all up in that facepalm.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed! But, I WILL be annoyed/pissed/frustrated if my truck is built based on the juggled up packages rather than how I ordered! Been reassured it would be the same as the POC, but will not know until the build sheet shows up.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed! But, I WILL be annoyed/pissed/frustrated if my truck is built based on the juggled up packages rather than how I ordered! Been reassured it would be the same as the POC, but will not know until the build sheet shows up.
Understandable, Stellantis really needs to clean up their info sheets and step up the communication.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
This is true, confirmed with other dealer, Limited still had this feature, I'm dropping the Rebel to get the Limited because of this.
Did you already have a Rebel on order?

I reached out to my dealer yesterday again about the Rebel 12A package on my order after seeing @Eighty comment about that potentially holding up his order. Her response was pretty cut and dry. I think she's getting tired of me asking LOL. She said "Production already confirmed your order and they will fulfill your order as submitted." She did mention that if I put in the change request and Stellantis were to accept it, they would re-invoice and my price protection would be gone. No thanks LOL.

My order includes the Advanced Safety Group.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just read an article saying Ford is handling the chip shortage "better than most."

I would like to obtain some of whatever it is they are currently smoking.

Can you imagine the tech that says “alright, I need to put in the missing sensor in vin xxxxxx” then looks at a field of 60k trucks, and figure out which one it is without looking at every sinigle vin?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread