5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I have never ordered before. Asked about it one time but that dealer wanted nothing to do with it. I got the options I wanted without 7k of unwanted fluff. The dealer I went to on this order was easy.
That being said, I hope I’m not waiting till May for my ride.
One of the main reasons I didn't want a completely fully loaded Limited is because I knew it would make my payload suck even more than it already does (will) with the items that were must-haves for me.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I agree. I have never ordered before. Asked about it one time but that dealer wanted nothing to do with it. I got the options I wanted without 7k of unwanted fluff. The dealer I went to on this order was easy.
That being said, I hope I’m not waiting till May for my ride.
I've never ordered before either. Definitely a practice of my patience as I'm an instant-gratification kind of guy on big purchases. I know some of the early orders placed have been waiting a LONG time, but I think once the party is started it'll be a hit. Stellantis from what I understand is putting supplier and chip allocation towards RAM and Jeep as they are both very profitable for them. They don't want the poor PR nightmare Ford has been experiencing.

I think they are well on their way to potentially knocking Ford and GM off the pedestal for sales. They aren't a "perfect" vehicle (nothing is made by human hands) but IMHO RAM has it going on and the truck to beat. Ford's new interiors are much nicer but still not equal to RAM, and GM has some fresh meat coming but unless they really step it up their seating comfort is the worst on the market.

Add to that Ford dropped the baby PowerStroke after only two years on the market and GM has had to put a hold on the baby Duramax already.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious…do you think that the spikes that you have on your sheet are bulk dealer orders? It would explain a lot with the vin numbers being in order.

Right now it looks like the early folks are kicking off the 2022 party. Then there is a spike (guessing dealer orders) then the next batch (includes me) of folks with orders around the early -mid June order banks

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’m not going to say that they’re “bulk” dealer orders, but there are certainly dealer orders in those gaps (I’ve found a couple hundred of them). Add in fleet orders too, which I have no way of finding.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m in the 4x2 club as well. Live in FL and don’t tow or leave the pavement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same here. Live in miami and people I work with said " why wouldn't you get 4x4"? I said I don't plan to off road the vehicle and only thing I really need it for it to haul my 4 wheeler and go cart, that's it. No need for the added feature that I may never need or use.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
So assuming the factory is coming back online Tuesday, the shift postings/hours for the week starting Tuesday would have been up by now, right? Any clues yet?

BladeK

Reaction score
So assuming the factory is coming back online Tuesday, the shift postings/hours for the week starting Tuesday would have been up by now, right? Any clues yet?
Nothing on there Facebook posts.

DTol

Reaction score
Can't find anything referencing an actual startup at the factory tomorrow. Kinda worried about that. Anybody have news?

Mjbano

Reaction score
Today, Just for ****s and giggles, I tried Ram Chat . (Alexander) told me I am in "Scheduling Status" with "parts being gathered".
I asked if that meant D status. He stated they have no such status codes.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dunno how you do it. I would not be able to wait that long. At what point you say **** it and no longer wait for it.
I think it just comes down to "need". If I 100% "needed" a truck I'd go buy a beater right now. I could definitely use a truck. It'll make carrying around my camping and hunting gear easier than grabbing my mom's Grand Cherokee. But I can definitely make it through another hunting season without it.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
New Ram Connect Thread

Just read the thread above about the new Ram Connect that’s replacing XM Guardian app. Everyone should check it out and post replies to @ ramcares in it. Going to be another big ripoff for the main features everyone wants.

Best of luck to all the new 22 orders.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Ram Connect Thread

Just read the thread above about the new Ram Connect that’s replacing XM Guardian app. Everyone should check it out and post replies to @ ramcares in it. Going to be another big ripoff for the main features everyone wants.

Best of luck to all the new 22 orders.
I mean, I feel bad for the people that make use of these features but I don't give the smartphone connected stuff the time of day.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RamConnect sounds great, but the current app sucks and with this being new, it'll be buggy as hell. Aftermarket alarm with GPS going in mine once I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread