5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
can you guys help me out here? I’ve reviewed so many postings and so many priced order sheets I’ve lost track of which figure on The price order confirmation from when we order our trucks is the dealers invoice price. Which code represents the dealers invoice price?
It would be a column of numbers alongside the MSRP numbers (on the right). Not all POC’s will show it - only if your dealer decides to print you a version that shows it.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I looked at this with my Wrangler, I never got around to pulling the trigger but I found a company in Canada with Free shipping to US that sells the OEM skins at a decent price. You would still need to get an installer but I think it still comes out cheaper. Not sure if it would be frowned upon to post the name as they likely aren’t a sponsor. But they are from Canada and make seat skins.

I ended up sticking with my interior so I never quoted an install locally but it might be worth a look.

I am also surprised it is cloth in the limited and not a faux suede or something like that. You might also wait to confirm what actually comes in those 10th Anniversary’s but I understand what you are thinking.

P.S. Clusterfuck. Just wanted to see….
The seat upholstery in the 10th Anniversary Limited most definitely has a large portion of cloth inserts as well as the door panels unless the Pilot Build did that for photographs and show use only and will surprise us with MicroSuede inserts instead. I'd be shocked if that change was made but it would be a pleasant surprise. But the truck shown in the marketing photos and on display/open for viewing at the Chicago Auto Show was most definitely built with cloth inserts in the seats and the majority of the "background" of the door panels. As I look back at the photos I took just now and study this rear seat photo is is PAINFULLY obvious with the cloth inserts.

RAM, I know you're reading this. This was a POOR DECISION on your part to do this on the most premium truck on the market. It does not display your best work or quality to put this much cloth in/on the seats when you already had 100% leather interiors which were your hallmark. These inserts should have been Indigo leather instead of cloth. THAT would have screamed class and provided an awesome contrast to the interior.

2021-07-18 14.53.07.jpg

2021-07-18 09.14.29.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.37.jpg 2021-07-18 09.20.46.jpg 2021-07-18 13.23.13.jpg

Red Cat

Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on this thread, figured I would contribute my order. VIN 150460 - ordered 8/2
Told by dealer the truck is still in D
Laramie with off road package, 3.92's, 12" UC and a few other options. No tech package, no level 1 or 2 package.

Coming from a 2017 2500 Laramie which has been sold. I'm about a 45 min drive from SHAP, so hoping the ship phase is quick. Would like the Ram before winter really starts setting in as I'm currently DDing a Hellcat lol Un1.jpg

Yoodie

Reaction score
The seat upholstery in the 10th Anniversary Limited most definitely has a large portion of cloth inserts as well as the door panels unless the Pilot Build did that for photographs and show use only and will surprise us with MicroSuede inserts instead. I'd be shocked if that change was made but it would be a pleasant surprise. But the truck shown in the marketing photos and on display/open for viewing at the Chicago Auto Show was most definitely built with cloth inserts in the seats and the majority of the "background" of the door panels. As I look back at the photos I took just now and study this rear seat photo is is PAINFULLY obvious with the cloth inserts.

RAM, I know you're reading this. This was a POOR DECISION on your part to do this on the most premium truck on the market. It does not display your best work or quality to put this much cloth in/on the seats when you already had 100% leather interiors which were your hallmark. These inserts should have been Indigo leather instead of cloth. THAT would have screamed class and provided an awesome contrast to the interior.

Oh I see it now. I was hoping to see them in person at the NYIAS until it got canceled again. I like the package but remember when I first saw the YouTube TFL did and I flinched when they opened the door. All of that light colored material…. It looked nice on the video but I have seen color transfer before; even on leather. I have a little bit of OCD, but also spend a bunch of time in my vehicles. Inevitably there would be an incident (coffee or something). Add the fact that is cloth and it is scary.

I am just hanging out watching so far but might look at a Rebel or Laramie GT once more actual data is available. I was hoping to see a color or two change out also. I am still hoping we might see something different since Max Steel Met seems to be discontinued. The info on NADA is OK but I sure would like to see the B&P up and going so I can get a better idea.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
Confirmed D1 status with the dealership just now.

Dealer says "went D1 Aug 20 according to his system". Doesn't seem to fit the time lines on here but hey its a clusterfuck right lmao.

I will just take the D1 for now......

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Oh I see it now. I was hoping to see them in person at the NYIAS until it got canceled again. I like the package but remember when I first saw the YouTube TFL did and I flinched when they opened the door. All of that light colored material…. It looked nice on the video but I have seen color transfer before; even on leather. I have a little bit of OCD, but also spend a bunch of time in my vehicles. Inevitably there would be an incident (coffee or something). Add the fact that is cloth and it is scary.

I am just hanging out watching so far but might look at a Rebel or Laramie GT once more actual data is available. I was hoping to see a color or two change out also. I am still hoping we might see something different since Max Steel Met seems to be discontinued. The info on NADA is OK but I sure would like to see the B&P up and going so I can get a better idea.
B&P with a MY22 brochure would be so awesome right now. Based on a lot of incorrect information lately I think we're STILL going to have to take it with a grain of salt unfortunately.......

DTol

Reaction score

View attachment 104531

View attachment 104527 View attachment 104528 View attachment 104529 View attachment 104530
I thought I wanted the indigo frost colors available on the 2021s and tried to order it on my 2022 order. I was told i would have to order with a 10th edition package and was told they changed the name to Indigo salt so I set up the order with that. Then I tried to find out what indigo salt looked like and couldn't find it. After a bunch of looking I found it on an Australian website. To me it looked like toothpaste and my wife said absolutely not with the cloth material. So I changed to black and my order automatically went back to a Limited without the 10th edition package.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I thought I wanted the indigo frost colors available on the 2021s and tried to order it on my 2022 order. I was told i would have to order with a 10th edition package and was told they changed the name to Indigo salt so I set up the order with that. Then I tried to find out what indigo salt looked like and couldn't find it. After a bunch of looking I found it on an Australian website. To me it looked like toothpaste and my wife said absolutely not with the cloth material. So I changed to black and my order automatically went back to a Limited without the 10th edition package.
Yeah, Indigo/Frost is discontinued. Unless these trucks arrive with a shocker that they've gone with MicroSuede I've pretty much convinced myself I'm going the route of a custom-upholstered redo. I need darker seating areas and a two-tone in the actual seating area would be REALLY cool. Here's an example I played with earlier to give myself an idea. Not exactly what I'm after yet. I need to talk to some local shops that can do custom-work. I'd really prefer to have a shop that knows what they're doing disassemble the stock covers and re-do them with new facings and inserts unless there is a company that can match the stock Indigo blue verbatim.

LSI Leather Seats.jpg

Matrixband

Reaction score

View attachment 104531

View attachment 104527 View attachment 104528 View attachment 104529 View attachment 104530
I don't know. Microsuede or real suede would be great, but the cloth with leather makes a nice contrast. I never liked the Indigo Frost combination because, well, it all looked so cold in tone. A warmer beige color might help, or dash inserts in brown rather than blue/gray?

Matrixband

Reaction score
Sounds like D1 to me. Ask your dealer for confirmation.

By the way, Ram Chat is lying about not having access to the codes anymore. I just saw a Ram Chat conversation where they specifically said they had the codes (but it was against company policy to state the codes).
" The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."
Do you remember the Seinfeld episode? You know, they are waiting for a seat in a Chinese restaurant. Every time they ask how long will it be. The host replies, "Oh about 5, 10 minutes" Then 30 minutes later they ask again, "Oh, about 5, 10 minutes."

At this point, if I get it before the end of the year, I'll be surprised.

RebelHusker

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lingering in the shadows reading as much info I can and figure I'd create an account and contribute my info for Eighty's chart. Ordered 08/14/21 and received VIN# 152104 on Aug 16th. Big upgrade for me coming from an '05 Ram 1500. Thanks for all the helpful information.

Last edited:

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Dealer called tonight.
no vin yet for mine.
oh well
cluster..............
How long ago did you order? Or more specifically, when did your dealer actually place the confirmed order? From your sig it sounds like it was originally a 21 which means it would have been awhile ago.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
You are in D status ie the waiting room while they get all the parts for your truck. Then D1 status which is the waiting room for we have all the parts on the shelf with your name on them and we are trying to decide which build cluster we will put you in. D1 with a ship date is we have decided which group of vins your vehicle will be built with and we expect to be able to ship your vehicle to the dealer on this date.
AKA Clusterfuck

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Not having the full leather or atleast suede inserts on the 10th Anniversary kinda sucks. I actually don't mind it on the doors. That is a bit different, but would have liked more leather on the seat. Im kinda stuck with it because my wife and I both don't like black interiors. ****s hot yo.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
" The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."
Do you remember the Seinfeld episode? You know, they are waiting for a seat in a Chinese restaurant. Every time they ask how long will it be. The host replies, "Oh about 5, 10 minutes" Then 30 minutes later they ask again, "Oh, about 5, 10 minutes."

At this point, if I get it before the end of the year, I'll be surprised.
Or Snatch.

"It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago"

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer called tonight.
no vin yet for mine.
oh well
cluster..............
I believe you ordered on 8/25, right? There are some on here that ordered on 8/25 and received a VIN. But if the dealer held off a day or two to put in your order, then I think you’re in purgatory. Ram doesn’t appear to have issued but a few VINs in the past week. I’ve heard a rumor that they’re “on hold” for accepting new orders.
You’ll get a VIN eventually. I’ll be interested to know when that happens, and what the number is. I’m betting they pick up at 200,000.

Last edited:

Matrixband

Reaction score
What is this new 2022 Longhorn Southfork Edition I read about? I see no interior photos anywhere. I ordered a, now 2022, longhorn with black/saddle. Too late to change my order, but I’d sure like to see what this Southfork edition really is On the interior. Anyone Know?

Users who are viewing this thread