5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. There are only about 3 things they can tell you about your order. That they are gathering parts for your order, they have the parts for your order, and they are about to build your order and the ship date is... They won't be getting into policy matters and will only have limited info about scheduling, shutdowns, parts availabilities, or, any other matters related to timing.
I think you're talking about "Ram Chat", which is different from "Ram Cares" (the team that monitors the chat forums).

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Did u notice in on the second page that you signed it said thy could change the price of the vehicle if the manufacturer up the price. That has me worried
I just have the configuration price sheet. Will look once I put deposit down. Thanks for heads up.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I just received a quote back from Katzkin on leather seat cover/replacements for anyone interested as I am to replace the cloth coming in the 10th Anniversary. $1695 for single-tone, or $1995 for two-tone and/or custom options which is what we'd have. Even if you only wanted a single color of leather they will have to perforate the centers for the cooling to function. It takes 2-3 weeks for the seats to be constructed, then 1-2 days for a local installer to perform the installation. These prices are pre-tax.

They claim the cut/contour design will match the OEM seats.

I'll be giving it very serious consideration myself even though it's expensive. I've attached the color swatch chart.

Attachments

• 2020_SWATCH_CARD_ONLINE_ONLY.pdf
    770.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Moondogger

Reaction score
27 years is a long time, I thought I had waited a long time between buying a new truck. My 2000 F150 will be 22 years old in 3 weeks. but still look like new with 223000 mi. I'm hoping this new ram will gives me as good a service.
@Randboye that is pride of ownership right there. I thought my 2004 Chevy Avalanche looked good and I still get compliments on it, but you have taken it to the next level! Your F150 looks brand new!

grogol

Reaction score
This is not the case. While many of the reported D1's are in the early group, many are not. As of right now, I know of 15 May orders in D1, and 13 non-May orders in D1.
Hi Eighty! I've been checking out this thread for awhile. I have a 2022 Laramie Quad Cab on order. Ordered 5/31/21. It was issued a VIN and went to D status fairly quickly. I hadn't checked on the status with the dealer lately, but I called RAM today and sometime since 8/9/2021, when I last spoke to the dealer, and now it moved to D1 status.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Eighty! I've been checking out this thread for awhile. I have a 2022 Laramie Quad Cab on order. Ordered 5/31/21. It was issued a VIN and went to D status fairly quickly. I hadn't checked on the status with the dealer lately, but I called RAM today and sometime since 8/9/2021, when I last spoke to the dealer, and now it moved to D1 status.
Thanks for the info. Care to share the last 6 digits of your VIN, so I can reflect that info on the tracker?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
There have been folks here in recent days moved from d, to c, up to D1 in a matter of 72 hours. So don’t worry so much about the codes at any given moment as they’re given to change without notice or reason (my humble opinion).
And then there is me, who went from D to C to D1 and then back to C in the matter of about a week. Who the hell knows whats going on?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it seems like they want me to sign another purchase agreement for the new price. There was the 2022 in crease reflected on my 7/29 build sheet and now the $600 increase reflected on the new build sheet.
Well that sucks. I know MD told me that my price was the "most" it could be. But that was verbal. I ordered on 6/20 and I've had no interactions from them other than questions I've asked from them.

rossagge

Reaction score
Sliding into this thread from the HD Rams site, 2022 build and updates thread. Looking to order a 2022 Backcountry. I ordered my 3500 from Sandi at Mark Dodge. I inquired with her about the 1500 Backcountry and 1500 builds in general. I was told the plant closed this week to allow more supply chain and microchips to work their way in. Tentatively to reopen next week. Want to get my wife a half ton. Was hoping the 1500s were moving faster than the HD trucks but it doesn't appear so.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Sounds like I might be in who the hell knows status based on this: I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but that is the verbatim response I received this morning and I'm in C status... so, you may want to reach out to your dealer and see what they have.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Yes, it seems like they want me to sign another purchase agreement for the new price. There was the 2022 in crease reflected on my 7/29 build sheet and now the $600 increase reflected on the new build sheet.
I'm not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but HARD PASS. I don't trust anyone that tries to get me to replace an existing agreement with a new one with terms that are worse for me.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I know MD told me that my price was the "most" it could be. But that was verbal. I ordered on 6/20 and I've had no interactions from them other than questions I've asked from them.
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you (@KWKSLVR) ordered AFTER pricing was published - therefore the dealer can make a claim with Ram on pricing. You (@DTol), on the other hand, ordered before there was any pricing...so you would have no protection.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I didn't until now haha...

"Note: This is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory."

I do not even see an out for me to get my deposit back. They could technically bump it to whatever they wanted to and if I choose to not purchase, I lose my deposit for "remarketing expenses".

I know my signed POC at time of ordering, base price was $930 (MSRP) lower than last POC dealer showed me... $58,030 then vs $58,960 now.
Again, not your lawyer, but the language in bold above would seem to indicate your order has not officially been accepted, so it's hard to see how they could withhold your deposit from you for an order that doesn't technically exist. If the order hasn't been accepted, there are no "remarketing expenses" for them to incur.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I just received a quote back from Katzkin on leather seat cover/replacements for anyone interested as I am to replace the cloth coming in the 10th Anniversary. $1695 for single-tone, or $1995 for two-tone and/or custom options which is what we'd have. Even if you only wanted a single color of leather they will have to perforate the centers for the cooling to function. It takes 2-3 weeks for the seats to be constructed, then 1-2 days for a local installer to perform the installation. These prices are pre-tax.

They claim the cut/contour design will match the OEM seats.

I'll be giving it very serious consideration myself even though it's expensive. I've attached the color swatch chart.

Is that price per seat or for both seats?
I am probably going to hold off and see how bad this really cloth is. It is also new for 2022 and the 2021 was all leather, correct?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Is that price per seat or for both seats?
I am probably going to hold off and see how bad this really cloth is. It is also new for 2022 and the 2021 was all leather, correct?
Front and rear rows together. And yes previous to this it was 100% leather but not now on MY22 10th Anniversary. I'll do the same thing and see how the 💺 hold up through winter. Maybe Katzkin will do a black Friday special to make it compelling.

RockJock

Reaction score
Okay here's what I have. This is from my order. My configuration preview from 7-19 shows Tech Group standalone. In early August (a few days BEFORE the Ram memo saying standalone Tech Group would be discontinued and rolled into Limited Level 1 instead) my dealer told me Tech Group wasn't available any more.

Now I have this printout. I'm 95% sure my ordered was submitted on August 2nd, before the memo came out. If that's the case I'd say they applied to changes to a previously submitted sold order. The August 2nd POC doesn't have standalone TG on it. So it would have been submitted with just Level 1 which now includes HUD and digital mirror. Again, 95% sure this is what happened.

What does "Vehicles Invoiced Through Mexico Sys" mean? That's on my new POC. 20210903_140706.jpg

Vakali72

Reaction score
Can you provide your order date?

Well this seems to verify and confirm whats been said here and what my dealer said that sold orders are locked in even though they changed Quad Cab availability to lower trim models and removed them from Rebels and Laramie's. Thanks for the updated D1 status info.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay here's what I have. This is from my order. My configuration preview from 7-19 shows Tech Group standalone. In early August (a few days BEFORE the Ram memo saying standalone Tech Group would be discontinued and rolled into Limited Level 1 instead) my dealer told me Tech Group wasn't available any more.

Now I have this printout. I'm 95% sure my ordered was submitted on August 2nd, before the memo came out. If that's the case I'd say they applied to changes to a previously submitted sold order. The August 2nd POC doesn't have standalone TG on it. So it would have been submitted with just Level 1 which now includes HUD and digital mirror. Again, 95% sure this is what happened.

What does "Vehicles Invoiced Through Mexico Sys" mean? That's on my new POC. View attachment 104504
There's no way they're going to just gift you the tech group, they will have to increase the price on you..

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you (@KWKSLVR) ordered AFTER pricing was published - therefore the dealer can make a claim with Ram on pricing. You (@DTol), on the other hand, ordered before there was any pricing...so you would have no protection.
That does make sense, but you'd think that as soon as pricing was published, you'd get your POC, sign it (or be out the deposit) and then you'd be locked in.

Users who are viewing this thread