5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

R3RAM

Reaction score
Thank you. I wanted the Night Edition, but I prefer 20" wheels. I'm going to make my own Night Edition so to speak, already started ordering black OEM badges! 👌
If you had ordered the Off-Road package, you would have been bumped back to 20" wheels as you can't get 22" wheels with the Off-Road package.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you had ordered the Off-Road package, you would have been bumped back to 20" wheels as you can't get 22" wheels with the Off-Road package.
I considered doing that myself but didn't need the skid plates (and they reduce payload). It's a solid option though.

Didn't really want the AT tires either as I do mostly highway driving.

edit: actually, I just tried configuring that for the heck of it via NADA and they won't let you do Off Road and Night at the same time (for the 2022's at least)...?

Last edited:

dsbull

Reaction score
i have a weird question, maybe someone can help me with this. i didnt order towing group on my 22 laramie. but i would like to have trailer brake controller installed on my truck. Is that something that can be installed separately after i get my truck ?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have a weird question, maybe someone can help me with this. i didnt order towing group on my 22 laramie. but i would like to have trailer brake controller installed on my truck. Is that something that can be installed separately after i get my truck ?
Afaik yes, some one else with more experience can confirm. FYI I think the trailer brake is also an option by itself, separate from the tow group.

R3RAM

Reaction score
I considered doing that myself but didn't need the skid plates (and they reduce payload). It's a solid option though.

Didn't really want the AT tires either as I do mostly highway driving.

edit: actually, I just tried configuring that for the heck of it via NADA and they won't let you do Off Road and Night at the same time (for the 2022's at least)...?
Skid plate weight is minimal and wouldn't change payload much at all. You can always upgrade the tires if you didn't like the AT tires, I have a 2019 North Edition with the Falken WildPeak tires and with the highway driving they are nice and quiet with good fuel economy.

Strange, I ordered my 2022 with the both Night Edition and Off-Road packages, along with almost every package available except air suspension.

dsbull

Reaction score
Afaik yes, some one else with more experience can confirm. FYI I think the trailer brake is also an option by itself, separate from the tow group.

i found this, just not sure how easy it is to install it. I dunno if dealer will want to modify my order now :(

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Skid plate weight is minimal and wouldn't change payload much at all. You can always upgrade the tires if you didn't like the AT tires, I have a 2019 North Edition with the Falken WildPeak tires and with the highway driving they are nice and quiet with good fuel economy.

Strange, I ordered my 2022 with the both Night Edition and Off-Road packages, along with almost every package available except air suspension.
It's like 35-40lbs for all the plates combined, but when you've got a Limited, every little bit counts.

I'm actually sad they did away with the North Edition, that was a nice package.

Might have changed when they did all that shifting around recently (like combining packages and dropping quad cabs from higher trims).

herddogg

Reaction score
For those who are in D1? Is that a dealer reported status. I was on RamChat and they said that they are not provided codes and couldn't tell me what status i was in. Does that sound accurate?

Are we seeing any patterns for folks in D1? I.e. are they all a specific trim or package. Doesn't appear to be vin# related.

Thanks!

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
For those who are in D1? Is that a dealer reported status. I was on RamChat and they said that they are not provided codes and couldn't tell me what status i was in. Does that sound accurate?

Are we seeing any patterns for folks in D1? I.e. are they all a specific trim or package. Doesn't appear to be vin# related.

Thanks!

I'm a Rebel trim order placed in May.

Dealer said it was in D1 but RamChat said it still needs parts. Dealer also has a ship date of 9/9 for my order.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Can confirm, I didn't want tow mirrors and added the controller seperatly.

The aftermarket Mopar controller requires either dealer flash or Tazer to turn on.
Install is a little finicky, but not awful, definitely DIY-able, instructions:

EDIT: the controller is not specifically listed as an option on the Tazer, but I'd bet it's on of the "other" options they list.

J4G6

Reaction score
Ram does NOT build in the same sequence that they receive orders. There are a lot of factors involved, much of which is not understood publicly. I don't know everything about their decision-making process, but I do know that it involves a pair of dice.
Rock, paper, scissors.

Users who are viewing this thread