5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
Why not ship the new car ?
" I want to inspect and take delivery at the dealership just in case something isn't quite right. Also don’t want any transport issues/damage…..And then there’s the cost of shipping."
Pretty much exactly this. My wife and i were planning a trip to Tenessee and SC in the next six months anyway, So the ten hour drive from mark dodge to nashville was a convenient excuse to really seal the deal here with the real boss.

Siri

Reaction score
@Eighty could we be part or your chart please. We ordered our Laramie on 07/31 and our VIN is 149774. Thank you for doing the chart :)

ManUp2Down

Reaction score
@Eighty ordered my Laramie G/T night edition on 7/10 last 6 on the VIN 121903. I would love to be get some updates.

Thank you so much, love that I found this thread

Hasti17

Reaction score
Update for the weekend additions (@GamecocksnMounties, @Randboye, @Jimmymc, @BornTooLate, @Rau, @MetalRebel2022, @Dread). No other changes to the production assumptions for now.

Edit: I realized I forgot a few. Also added @RedNightRam, @Siri, and @ManUp2Down.

View attachment 102372
Heres to hoping all our trucks are produced ahead of what seems to be 3 very large orders, the slight bowing in the first vin Spike seems to suggest a more graduated increase that definitely suggests alot of orders were placed by several different places @around the same time, but the two spikes preceding it definitely have more indications they are tied to a significant single event, it also seems to be plateauing currently, curious to see if it jumps again once 22 builds start

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Some interesting information from RAM Chat this morning. This is taken with a big grain of salt but from what I was told, they have started production on the 1500 Laramie GT, Rebel GT, and TRX models. Still no status update for myself though.

2021-08-09 07_44_07-Window.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some interesting information from RAM Chat this morning. This is taken with a big grain of salt but from what I was told, they have started production on the 1500 Laramie GT, Rebel GT, and TRX models. Still no status update for myself though.

View attachment 102374
Well that's strange. Can anyone with these models confirm they're in D1 status (or have build sheets)? I would consider this information to be highly suspect, but at the same time I'm hoping there's truth to it.
The TRX folks have only reported one truck in D1 status, and it shows an estimated "ship date" of 8/30.

dsbull

Reaction score
Well that's strange. Can anyone with these models confirm they're in D1 status (or have build sheets)? I would consider this information to be highly suspect, but at the same time I'm hoping there's truth to it.
The TRX folks have only reported one truck in D1 status, and it shows an estimated "ship date" of 8/30.
what is the easiest way for me to find out what status my order is in ?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what is the easiest way for me to find out what status my order is in ?
Ask your dealer to look it up in his system. Failing that, do the Ram Chat thing (but they seem to provide vague, and often incorrect, answers).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FCA is still adding build sheets (as of today) for 2021 models. So unless they're building 2021's and 2022's at the same time, I'm going to consider the Ram Chat comment to be suspect.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just chatted with ram chat. No new status for me, but the interesting thing that I got was that they aren't having any shortage of chips that can slow them down from building trucks.

Of course that might mean that any new orders, they might have removed some features.

I think that once they start building 2022, it will be no restrictions and can build them in a normal pace.

I did ask to see if there are any build priorities so it can be out there for the masses and advertising like the Laramie/rebel GT, big horn back country, 10th anniversary limited, but they don't have that info.

But thats just my 2 cents!!

I'm just preaching patience, while we all hold hands and wait for our builds. I feel like folks here will be getting their trucks first before anything hits the lots.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So after being on hold for a half hr.. they informed me my truck has been removed from the chip shortage list and that the status for the 1500 was being updated. But they couldn’t find my actual order or truck so that’s a little scary. But it sounds like progress is being made on my GT…. I couldn’t get through on ram chat at all. Kept timing me out. Hope this helps. They told me to call back in a couple weeks

coachdave

Reaction score
Hey all,
As a fairly early VIN # (100431), I thought I should probably shoot a note with regards to my Ram chat status this morning. Still gathering parts. No change. I have been checking once a week ( at least) and have not budged. I plan to check with my dealer at the end of the week and will report any new news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
To add to the already confusing morass of information (or disinformation) available, I just spoke with Ram Chat and was told the 2022's have not begun production and my rep, Emily, said no date has been provided as to when they will go into production.

1628523553136.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To add to the already confusing morass of information (or disinformation) available, I just spoke with Ram Chat and was told the 2022's have not begun production and my rep, Emily, said no date has been provided as to when they will go into production.

View attachment 102383
Lol, well that about sums it up. And it's a lot more in-line with everything else we're seeing.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
For what it's worth, a friend of mine is an engineer at a manufacturing plant who makes transmission components for FCA. Or, Stellantis now I suppose. They are starting to add weekend shifts this weekend to keep up with a huge demand for transmissions from Ram. That tells me when they finally starting building Rams, they intend on pumping them out at a pretty good rate.

Rau

Reaction score
For what it's worth, a friend of mine is an engineer at a manufacturing plant who makes transmission components for FCA. Or, Stellantis now I suppose. They are starting to add weekend shifts this weekend to keep up with a huge demand for transmissions from Ram. That tells me when they finally starting building Rams, they intend on pumping them out at a pretty good rate.

That’s a good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread