5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Dupras

Reaction score
So my truck that I allegedly walked away from a few weeks ago is magically in D1 now with a VIN with a ship date of January 13th. Anyone else having issues with dealers/stellantis trying to pass off the increase in costs to orders that were done months ago before the price hike? I have an increase of roughly $2500 and while part of me wants to tell them to shove it, there’s another part of me that just wants the damn truck.

Thoughts on how any of you have dealt with this? Should I be going after the dealer or should I be pushing the dealer to connect with a Stellantis rep?

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So my truck that I allegedly walked away from a few weeks ago is magically in D1 now with a VIN with a ship date of January 13th. Anyone else having issues with dealers/stellantis trying to pass off the increase in costs to orders that were done months ago before the price hike? I have an increase of roughly $2500 and while part of me wants to tell them to shove it, there’s another part of me that just wants the damn truck.

Thoughts on how any of you have dealt with this? Should I be going after the dealer or should I be pushing the dealer to connect?
the truck does not belong to you
the dealer figures they can sell it

sorry if you feel that answer is harsh, but facts are facts

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thoughts on how any of you have dealt with this? Should I be going after the dealer or should I be pushing the dealer to connect?
The dealer has to pay the increased invoice price of the vehicle, so it’s not like he’s just being a jerk. But he can apply for price protection (reimbursement) from the factory if your order meets certain criteria. That said, I’m told that Ram is dragging their heels and/or rejecting many applications for price protection.

Dupras

Reaction score
the truck does not belong to you
the dealer figures they can sell it

sorry if you feel that answer is harsh, but facts are facts
It’s not about whether it’s harsh or not. I get the price increases but what I’m struggling with is the fact that the dealer and buyer agree to a price and one would hope it can be somewhat protected.

Im just looking to get a sense if people have been successful with negotiating this down to the agreed to price or if people have been stuck paying the increase.

4jlcc

Reaction score
It’s not about whether it’s harsh or not. I get the price increases but what I’m struggling with is the fact that the dealer and buyer agree to a price and one would hope it can be somewhat protected.

Im just looking to get a sense if people have been successful with negotiating this down to the agreed to price or if people have been stuck paying the increase.
Forget that dealer! Check with Mark Dodge. Your price quoted now will be exactly that when the truck arrives plus any current incentives. I couldn't be happier that I walked away from my first order with my local dealer and found Mark Dodge to order the truck from that I now own.

Last edited:

Cda3488

Reaction score
Forget that dealer! Check with Mark Dodge. Your price quoted now will be exactly that when the truck arrives plus any current incentives. I couldn't be happier that I walked away from my first order with my local dealer and found Mark Dodge to order the truck from that I now own.
That’s a 💯 % true statement. Call Aaron and tell him Corey sent you. He is the sales manager and he will take care of you!!

DTN

Reaction score
Prices going up and passed to a customer who placed a factory order is not unique to Dodge trucks these days. It's not even unique to the auto industry.

RIRview

Reaction score
Prices going up and passed to a customer who placed a factory order is not unique to Dodge trucks these days. It's not even unique to the auto industry.
My dealer informed me that as of 1/4 Chrysler is is reintroducing the affiliates program for the DT Rams. Aside from that, I’m still having to give them $1200 more than our agreed upon affiliate price (7/19/21) to make up for price increase. I’m taking the $920 rebate and using the 0x48 financing. Going to pick up my truck tomorrow. :)

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Ram Chat
My dealer informed me that as of 1/4 Chrysler is is reintroducing the affiliates program for the DT Rams. Aside from that, I’m still having to give them $1200 more than our agreed upon affiliate price (7/19/21) to make up for price increase. I’m taking the $920 rebate and using the 0x48 financing. Going to pick up my truck tomorrow. :)
Can you provide any detail on the affiliate? Also how'd you get 0x48? My truck will be delivering in about 3 weeks.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Ram Chat

Can you provide any detail on the affiliate? Also how'd you get 0x48? My truck will be delivering in about 3 weeks.
these are all that is listed on the ram website
however
these might be zip code specific

Cda3488

Reaction score
And if you work for a company that isn’t an affiliate your screwed. Can I use your companies name??!?!?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And if you work for a company that isn’t an affiliate your screwed. Can I use your companies name??!?!?
If affiliate pricing is back, then I wonder if the Tread Lightly discount applies again. That doesn't require you to be an employee (just an annual membership).

RIRview

Reaction score
Hey CRL125 - dealer said $920 rebate for sold inventory to help offset the pricing changes on vehicles ordered months ago.

Cda3488

Reaction score
If affiliate pricing is back, then I wonder if the Tread Lightly discount applies again. That doesn't require you to be an employee (just an annual membership).
Is it the $100 level that qualify you for the discount? How much savings is it normally?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it the $100 level that qualify you for the discount? How much savings is it normally?
Yes, it's the $100 level. And it supposedly qualifies you for 1% below invoice. I think.

RIRview

Reaction score
Ram Chat

This website shows the offers for various trims:

I had to choose from $1000 off or 0x48 financing.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
This website shows the offers for various trims:

I had to choose from $1000 off or 0x48 financing.
Are you in Denver? Or is your dealer just able to honor it regardless?

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Just a follow on question regarding incentives, they apply to your residency state correct? And not the state you take delivery in/your dealer is in?

Users who are viewing this thread