5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

deanno33

Reaction score
It does look like two Big Horns in what Triple B just posted in the production thread. A 151xxx and a 172xxx VIN.

kesta1986

Reaction score
The 151 is mine...Got the build sheet this morning. BigHorn 4x4, Night Edition, Tech pkg., Tonneau cover, UC5 12" touchscreen...
Obviously, I'm excited it's started the process...but I totally get the frustration with folks who ordered WAY before I did, even some '21 converted orders...Would be nice to have some transparency on their build prioritization process

deanno33

Reaction score
The 151 is mine...Got the build sheet this morning. BigHorn 4x4, Night Edition, Tech pkg., Tonneau cover, UC5 12" touchscreen...
Obviously, I'm excited it's started the process...but I totally get the frustration with folks who ordered WAY before I did, even some '21 converted orders...Would be nice to have some transparency on their build prioritization process

Congrats! It is bittersweet. I look at your build and honestly my order isn't too different. You're right, no transparency or communication. Thankfully we have Eighty and Triple B or we would be fairly clueless.

grogol

Reaction score
Crazy times. Everything is tied together. The backlog of ships sitting off the coast when the ship gets in, it needs stevedores (shortage) to unload, then trucks with drivers (shortage) to transport some of the things our trucks need to be built, slows that down. Then because of no truck drivers, our trucks sit and wait at the rail ramp on both ends. Like I said crazy times. I hope your truck finds a carrier soon. Mine was built in early July and I took delivery early August, so a month to Hawaii, that is 2 trains and truck to the ship then driven over the Pali to the dealership. Good Luck and Later.
Glad you got your truck! Yes, these are crazy times. That's one reason I ordered a truck now - before inflation soars and our economy breaks down.

grogol

Reaction score
Should just go over there and get it, drive it back to the dealer and say "Now you have to take half off my destination fee."
Sounds like a good plan, but I'm afraid I would have to break into it and hotwire it, and that may land me in trouble.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad you got your truck! Yes, these are crazy times. That's one reason I ordered a truck now - before inflation soars and our economy breaks down.
I was thinking about this as well when I ordered. On the surface it seems like a bad time to do it but I think there's a solid chance that things only get worse/more expensive from here, at least for a good while.

Nate F

Reaction score
I didn't realize they were still building 2021's. I was playing around with the RAM website and found a few that were "Being Built" and had build sheets but not WS
1633971202722.png

chris288

Reaction score
probably a stupid question, is there a way to check my status without contacting the dealer ?

SNE

Reaction score
We have a build sheet! 🙌 Ordered 6/23…. As ordered with all options (we added almost everything available) - Tech package option not showing, but all items that were a part of the group are listed, validating that it appears to now be a part of the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group. Now just hoping the progress to window sticker goes smoothly!

thenachobro

Reaction score
Good Afternoon! So, update. There seems to be an issue with the uconnect software as when I am out of range of cell service the bluetooth communication between my phone and the head unit goes out the window. Everything slows down and a button press might take a full minute+ to take affect. I got so tired of it I disconnected the bluetooth and just listened to the radio. I don't know what is causing it but I plan to bring it back to the dealer to show them the issue. When I have great cell service there is no issue with the bluetooth connection. I don't know why it matters but it does.

n00ber

Reaction score
There seems to be an issue with the uconnect software
No offence but I hope its just you/your truck. This doesn't bode well for me when I travel the long stretches of nothingness on a roadtrip...If I even get the truck in time for said roadtrip.

4jlcc

Reaction score
Good Afternoon! So, update. There seems to be an issue with the uconnect software as when I am out of range of cell service the bluetooth communication between my phone and the head unit goes out the window. Everything slows down and a button press might take a full minute+ to take affect. I got so tired of it I disconnected the bluetooth and just listened to the radio. I don't know what is causing it but I plan to bring it back to the dealer to show them the issue. When I have great cell service there is no issue with the bluetooth connection. I don't know why it matters but it does.
It isn't because you are streaming songs that aren't downloaded to your phone is it? I have noticed that issue in my 2013 F150.

chris288

Reaction score
i check with Ram Chat, they said my truck parts are being allocated, I asked if i was in D status and she said they wont give / use codes and to check back in a week or so.

guess the dealer would have better luck getting an actual code.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i check with Ram Chat, they said my truck parts are being allocated, I asked if i was in D status and she said they wont give / use codes and to check back in a week or so.

guess the dealer would have better luck getting an actual code.
Being allocated is D status, but dealer can confirm

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Not to be that guy, but I can all but guarantee this is just the start. I had multiple issues with the my 2019's UC4, and after all the trips back and forth to get stuff fixed (that would never really get fixed), I figured out that the issues can be ephemeral but horribly disruptive, and dealers (I went to multiple) don't know how to deal with them because I was typically the first one reporting the issue in my area.

The worst part is, that as one of the first people to have this truck, your dealer isn't going to know what to do to fix it because there isn't likely to be a service bulletin about the issue, yet. And, given that this particular issue only rears its ugly face when you are out of cell service range, your dealer won't know how to replicate it because they aren't likely to drive your truck 50 miles outside of town to see what happens.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to be that guy, but I can all but guarantee this is just the start. I had multiple issues with the my 2019's UC4, and after all the trips back and forth to get stuff fixed (that would never really get fixed), I figured out that the issues can be ephemeral but horribly disruptive, and dealers (I went to multiple) don't know how to deal with them because I was typically the first one reporting the issue in my area.

The worst part is, that as one of the first people to have this truck, your dealer isn't going to know what to do to fix it because there isn't likely to be a service bulletin about the issue, yet. And, given that this particular issue only rears its ugly face when you are out of cell service range, your dealer won't know how to replicate it because they aren't likely to drive your truck 50 miles outside of town to see what happens.
I agree but hopeful that they've worked out some of the bugs since other models already have this radio.

Users who are viewing this thread