5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sandi at MD quoted me 16-20 weeks when I ordered this week. That’s about what I expected after following this forum for the last month.

I count at least 5 of us who placed their orders there this week. Salute!
I ordered about a month ago but I think my timeframe will end up at least as long as yours.

Not liking this talk of the night edition holding things up.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty, do you have any inside info as to why vehicles may go into storage and/or how they are stored?
The only insider knowledge I have is what I heard from Knightmare on the TRX forum. Here are a couple of quotes:

(regarding WHY)
"The last time they couldn't do it because there were missing parts. This time the parts are in but there are bugs. Talking now to one of my guys at Warren and they having radio issues as well. Has to be either a uconnect 5 issue or chips affecting them"

(regarding HOW)
"Yeah they basically sit at one of the lots around the plant until parts come in for it. Parts are attached to your vin and it'll sit until that particular part shows up. It could days to weeks before it can move if your stuck in this status."

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
The only insider knowledge I have is what I heard from Knightmare on the TRX forum. Here are a couple of quotes:

(regarding WHY)
"The last time they couldn't do it because there were missing parts. This time the parts are in but there are bugs. Talking now to one of my guys at Warren and they having radio issues as well. Has to be either a uconnect 5 issue or chips affecting them"

(regarding HOW)
"Yeah they basically sit at one of the lots around the plant until parts come in for it. Parts are attached to your vin and it'll sit until that particular part shows up. It could days to weeks before it can move if your stuck in this status."
Ugh… So, it sounds like this could turn into a Ford-like situation, and if it is a UC5 issue, we could all be in for a long wait.

Red Cat

Reaction score
I see your in michigan might benefit you.

I'm hoping it at least helps with the shipping phase. My dealer is less than an hour from SHAP. I hope they just throw the truck on a car hauler and drive it out. I know they need to wait for enough vehicles to load certain trailers. But it might still sit for a while. Who knows. It's all craziness.

SunnyS

Reaction score
You do realize the entire market right now is like that...nomatter who you order from.

And if you find something on the lot, good luck with paying anything below msrp, because dealers will pass on your every time, because they know some other sucker will pay $$$k over msrp.

It's a tough market right now...like that until the end of the year at least.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have bought 8 and if this comes in 9 new cars and trucks off of this dealer in ten years. This year I bought two right off of there lot and got 2k off of MSRP on those lot buys.I do have some buying power but 20 weeks is too long to wait for a ordered vehicle. I know this year is different but if it goes past three months. I will just make do with the ones I have and buy something else. I sold my Redeye Hellcat for this truck buy but maybe a old school 1970 R/T Challenger with a 440 Six Pack will be fun for a while. Time will tell.

Reaction score
Ugh… So, it sounds like this could turn into a Ford-like situation, and if it is a UC5 issue, we could all be in for a long wait.
The UC5 is plausible. My dealer said he would look into it and let me know what he finds out tomorrow. Im hoping it’s something simple. Anyway I’ll update when I hear something.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with Sandi at MD and filled out the paperwork to do my order. Now comes the worst part - waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good choice. Good to work with. Always responsive. Great pricing.

Matrixband

Reaction score
It'll put you at the end of the line but probably worth it if you can wait. I've seen interior in person and other than some cloth inserts it's incredible. I can't wait for mine!!
Wow, nice. If you have seen it, is that interior much like the "Indigo/Frost" in the present limiteds? This new color I think was listed as Indigo/Sea Salt? I don't mind the cloth inserts. Would be better if microsuede, but... I wonder how long before they build these 10th-anniversary Limiteds? Seems they would build them all at once as they would be the same paint, etc. Oh, how would you describe the exterior blue?

Last edited:

Matrixband

Reaction score
It'll put you at the end of the line but probably worth it if you can wait. I've seen interior in person and other than some cloth inserts it's incredible. I can't wait for mine!!
Ok, maybe it is somewhere in the threads here, but they call that new blue "Blue Shade"? When I asked the dealer if they could order one, they said on the order form it's Patriot Blue. So, how did you order this and what does your order form say is the exterior color, either a name or code number? I am holding back on my order till I confirm the exterior color for this 2022 10th-anniversary edition limited. Thank you so much!

Usmc041127

Reaction score
I believe mine is the blue shade color that I ordered. Its the color in all the 10th anniversary photos online I believe. I think its the same as the patriot blue.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I believe mine is the blue shade color that I ordered. Its the color in all the 10th anniversary photos online I believe. I think its the same as the patriot blue.
Patriot blue and blue shade are definitely different colors..... Look up reactor blue pearl for the Durango and you will find it.... If it is listed on the Canadian build & price but not the US as of yet.... If you search my other posts I do have a picture somewhere that I have posted of blue shade

Usmc041127

Reaction score
Patriot blue and blue shade are definitely different colors..... Look up reactor blue pearl for the Durango and you will find it.... If it is listed on the Canadian build & price but not the US as of yet.... If you search my other posts I do have a picture somewhere that I have posted of blue shade
Oh hell no. Sure hope its the patriot blue. I will look at my build sheet later when I get home. I am 99% sure its patriot blue because we was looking online when we did the build.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Oh hell no. Sure hope its the patriot blue. I will look at my build sheet later when I get home. I am 99% sure its patriot blue because we was looking online when we did the build.
I'm sure your current order is Patriot Blue. I don't think they've opened orders for Blue Shade yet for the US despite what my salesman told me. Blue Shade is a medium greyish-blue as opposed to a darker cobalt-like blue. I like both shades, but they are most definitely very different from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread