5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked to see 2022 production start pushed back until that 1st week of August date. The 7th I think I saw.
There are still some 21's that need to be built, so an August '22 start doesn't sound crazy.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that's the information that Donlen has posted (it was previously shown as 7/26). The UAW 1700 page, which I trust more than Donlen, still shows the planned shutdown ending on 7/25. And @redriderbob (who is a co-editor on this site, and has a source in FCA) also confirmed those dates.
But who knows anymore...it appears that things have changed, and I don't have any newer information.
I'm sure you guys know better than me! I just hope all of our friends up in Canada don't get their orders kicked out. I'll gladly wait my turn in queue.

Teddy

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked to see 2022 production start pushed back until that 1st week of August date. The 7th I think I saw.
For some reason, the sales manager at my dealership in Lubbock seems to think I’ll have my truck by mid to late August. 🤞

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only silver lining is that incentives are usually better towards the end of the year. Not holding out much hope for this year, but you never know.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just hit refresh, Donlen updated production start dates on their end earlier today.... Just an FYI https://www.donlen.com/manufacturer...-trucks-build-out-final-order-start-up-dates/

2022 Production Startup: 8/25/21
I would imagine that the production dates are slipping, but I'm not putting a lot of stock in the Donlen info. Their "2021 Final Orders Due" date is wrong (at least, as far as factory orders from private buyers via dealerships), as is their "2022 Initial Orders Acceptance" date. Donlen is a fleet manager, so their dates may correspond to fleet orders.

Teddy

Reaction score
I just hit refresh, Donlen updated production start dates on their end earlier today.... Just an FYI https://www.donlen.com/manufacturer...-trucks-build-out-final-order-start-up-dates/

2022 Production Startup: 8/25/
I would imagine that the production dates are slipping, but I'm not putting a lot of stock in the Donlen info. Their "2021 Final Orders Due" date is wrong (at least, as far as factory orders from private buyers via dealerships), as is their "2022 Initial Orders Acceptance" date. Donlen is a fleet manager, so their dates may correspond to fleet orders.
I actually spoke (via chat) with Maurice at FCA. He stated that I should anticipate a build date next week so that’ll definitely provide some clues as to what’s going on with the production start dates. I’ll share if I get anything…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I actually spoke (via chat) with Maurice at FCA. He stated that I should anticipate a build date next week so that’ll definitely provide some clues as to what’s going on with the production start dates. I’ll share if I get anything…
Huh??? I can't see how that's accurate. It's 100% confirmed that the plant is shut down next week for the "vacation shutdown".

Teddy

Reaction score
Huh??? I can't see how that's accurate. It's 100% confirmed that the plant is shut down next week for the "vacation shutdown".
That’s what he told me. Said to check-in next week for a build date. We shall see. Lol

Teddy

Reaction score
Let me clarify- I was not stating that the truck will be built next week- he was implying that I’ll have a tentative schedule to build date.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let me clarify- I was not stating that the truck will be built next week- he was implying that I’ll have an tentative schedule to build date.
Ah, that makes more sense.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On a whim, I decided to contact Ram Chat, just to see what they'd tell me about my order. April gave me the canned response - they're gathering parts, it's in scheduling status, check back in at the end of the month. She did confirm that the plant is shut down this week due to a parts shortage, and also confirmed the vacation shutdown next week.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Idk if you still want VIN numbers to track but if you do mine is 102781. Ordered 6/1, it's a Laramie.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got Maurice too and he told me the same thing, as well as letting me know that he wasn't sure when the new Blue Shade would be available other than sometime mid year. Cool dude!

Users who are viewing this thread