5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders are open

thenachobro

Reaction score
Good Evening,
Wanted to let everyone know that I went into the dealership today to order a 2021 Rebel and the system wouldn't let them order it. They did some research and found out that the 2022 orders are open and I guess they were no longer taking 2021 model orders. There was a new package called the GT Package that had a bunch of exterior additions (Overhead lamps etc) but besides the surround trailer view there wasn't anything else new that I saw. No prices yet.

70runner

Reaction score
Interesting. Placed my Rebel order on 30Apr. Lots of rumors floating about then that 2021 ordering window would be ending soon, but my order was accepted.

ripvanhalen

Reaction score
Bummer, my 2021 dealer order also would not go through on May 6.
But dealer had no clue about when 2022 orders would open.

thenachobro

Reaction score
Bummer, my 2021 dealer order also would not go through on May 6.
But dealer had no clue about when 2022 orders would open.
Yeah, the sales manager I was working with was surprised to see the availability. BUT now my order probably won't be filled till the end of Sept or October sometime. I really wanted it in July but.....oh well. Just hope they have the 0% interest for 60-72 months at that time.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Evening,
Wanted to let everyone know that I went into the dealership today to order a 2021 Rebel and the system wouldn't let them order it. They did some research and found out that the 2022 orders are open and I guess they were no longer taking 2021 model orders. There was a new package called the GT Package that had a bunch of exterior additions (Overhead lamps etc) but besides the surround trailer view there wasn't anything else new that I saw. No prices yet.
sounds neat. I'm interested in hearing about this GT package and how much of it can be retrofitted to the '21 models.

thenachobro

Reaction score
sounds neat. I'm interested in hearing about this GT package and how much of it can be retrofitted to the '21 models.
I wish I would have taken more notes on what was in it. It wouldn't let me select the package at the dealer so I don't think it is available quite yet. Also, no price as nothing was priced for the 2022 models

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to the ‘22’s. Was just talking about ordering a ‘22 HD yesterday tho. Any ideas on when those open up? Didn’t see anything on the HD forums.

Also, GT package? What about the Mopar Special Edition? Did they already make them because they’re supposed to be ‘21’s, or will they make them in between closing of ‘21 orders and production of ‘22’s?

thenachobro

Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to the ‘22’s. Was just talking about ordering a ‘22 HD yesterday tho. Any ideas on when those open up? Didn’t see anything on the HD forums.

Also, GT package? What about the Mopar Special Edition? Did they already make them because they’re supposed to be ‘21’s, or will they make them in between closing of ‘21 orders and production of ‘22’s?
I wish I had more info for you. I stumbled upon this as I was ordering at the right time. I already caused a fair bit of problems for the dealership and didn't want to hassle the sales manager for more info. When I talk to them next I will see what else I can find out.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I had more info for you. I stumbled upon this as I was ordering at the right time. I already caused a fair bit of problems for the dealership and didn't want to hassle the sales manager for more info. When I talk to them next I will see what else I can find out.
Thanks!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was talking to my fleet rep today at work and they showed me the ordering info for 2022 1500's - builds start on 7/26/21 and they estimate 14-18 weeks from order to delivery after builds start. I'm curious to see how that plays out with what others experience.

jscoc

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with ordering a red interior? I'm looking to factory order a 2022. Every time my dealer clicks on any of the options like trailer tow or technology it automatically adds the night addition and removes the red interior. We even tried to add the options separately with just adding trailer brake control and when the dealer prints the order it shows the x9 code for black interior.

thenachobro

Reaction score
So just visited the dealership to see if I could add the GT package to my 2022 Ram and was told that there is already a VIN associated with the vehicle so no changes can be made. Though there is no pricing yet on the vehicle so I don't know how much more I am paying for the new year models. Will visit again July 1st to harass them and see if there is anymore info.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So just visited the dealership to see if I could add the GT package to my 2022 Ram and was told that there is already a VIN associated with the vehicle so no changes can be made. Though there is no pricing yet on the vehicle so I don't know how much more I am paying for the new year models. Will visit again July 1st to harass them and see if there is anymore info.
I was able to add the technology package after getting my VIN, but thats an option that likely doesn't affect any of the VIN characters. Maybe the GT package does.

dwalme

Reaction score

If you want the GT order the GT.

thenachobro

Reaction score
If you want the GT order the GT.
I tried. The new vehicle manager said that I couldn't change the order since the vin was associated with the vehicle. Is there something I should know?

thenachobro

Reaction score
I was able to add the technology package after getting my VIN, but thats an option that likely doesn't affect any of the VIN characters. Maybe the GT package does.
Not sure. Who could I talk to do find out if it does? The new vehicle manager said that no changes could be made.

Users who are viewing this thread