5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Order Changed from Level 2 to Level B

shepboyrd

Reaction score
What's up guys,
I ordered a 22 Rebel back in June and received it in October. I had ordered the Rebel Level 2 package, and like many others realized it had been changed to Rebel Level B (No power folding mirrors) when my build sheet popped up. I contacted my dealer and was assured many times my truck would be built as I had ordered it. When the window sticker popped up, it confirmed that it was Level B. When the truck arrived at the dealer I saw there were no power folding mirrors, dealer told me they are not responsible and that would get me in touch with someone at FCA who will be able to resolve the issue, so I accepted the truck as is expecting to eventually get it worked out with someone at FCA. I am now told by the dealer, they tried everything and there is nothing anyone can do (never gave me a contact). My question is, has anyone been able to figure this out? I don't even know who to get in touch with, I talked with ramchat and they just said they would talk with the sales manager at my dealer to see what they could do. I know a lot of others had the same issue as myself so I'm hoping someone has gotten a solution to this.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
What's up guys,
I ordered a 22 Rebel back in June and received it in October. I had ordered the Rebel Level 2 package, and like many others realized it had been changed to Rebel Level B (No power folding mirrors) when my build sheet popped up. I contacted my dealer and was assured many times my truck would be built as I had ordered it. When the window sticker popped up, it confirmed that it was Level B. When the truck arrived at the dealer I saw there were no power folding mirrors, dealer told me they are not responsible and that would get me in touch with someone at FCA who will be able to resolve the issue, so I accepted the truck as is expecting to eventually get it worked out with someone at FCA. I am now told by the dealer, they tried everything and there is nothing anyone can do (never gave me a contact). My question is, has anyone been able to figure this out? I don't even know who to get in touch with, I talked with ramchat and they just said they would talk with the sales manager at my dealer to see what they could do. I know a lot of others had the same issue as myself so I'm hoping someone has gotten a solution to this.
as far as I know there is nothing you can do
mainly because you have accepted the truck

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unless you get something in writing, you're accepting the truck as is when you sign the paperwork. Once that happens, it's your truck. Anything they promised you verbally goes out the window. Always get these types of promises in writing, as part of the deal.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best thing to do is wait until 2022 power fold mirrors and modules are available to purchase.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And call out the dealer, here and on any other social media, they tend to be more helpful if the 'wheel is squeaky'

shepboyrd

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback fellas, that stinks. The whole time we were discussing this at the dealership, they wouldn't stop stressing how I had to give them a 5 star review because it was not a dealer issue. I told them I would give the review once the issue was resolved. After hearing all of this and seeing their intentions, I may just have to do the review after all...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That kind of practice makes a mockery of customer reviews. Dealerships are under a lot of pressure to avoid anything other than a 5 star review. It sounds like they are wanting to make you think that they will do something about this if you give them the review you want. You might try flipping it around on them and tell them unless they make this right you're giving them a less than stellar review. Two can play at that game.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best thing to do is wait until 2022 power fold mirrors and modules are available to purchase.
Are the 2022s any different from the 19-21s as far as the door modules and mirrors go? I'd think he could just get the correct door modules and mirrors (his factory mirrors might already have the motor inside to fold them, just not hooked up) and have the dealer flash his computer to accept the power-folding...just a thought.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the 2022s any different from the 19-21s as far as the door modules and mirrors go? I'd think he could just get the correct door modules and mirrors (his factory mirrors might already have the motor inside to fold them, just not hooked up) and have the dealer flash his computer to accept the power-folding...just a thought.
I've seen chat elsewhere that the 19-21 modules were different somehow, the chat was not expanded on as to why.

Andygee702

Reaction score
I got a 22 ram last month. Doesn’t have power mirrors/camera I wondered if the wiring harness that’s already in the door panels set up to just buy like limited mirror and would be plug n play ?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen chat elsewhere that the 19-21 modules were different somehow, the chat was not expanded on as to why.
While I have no way of testing this for myself, I am hard-pressed to believe they changed the door modules and mirrors on the 2022s. If we can find someone with a 2022, I'd be willing to pop my door panel off and take pictures of my door modules and they could compare to their door modules. Just a thought. But if I were a betting man, I'm saying it's a plug and play type deal.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While I have no way of testing this for myself, I am hard-pressed to believe they changed the door modules and mirrors on the 2022s. If we can find someone with a 2022, I'd be willing to pop my door panel off and take pictures of my door modules and they could compare to their door modules. Just a thought. But if I were a betting man, I'm saying it's a plug and play type deal.
I'm sure @Jimmy07 can tell us.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
watch this video

Users who are viewing this thread